Disgraced Silanyo names a district for his folks in the middle of Gabiley region (Dacarta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes
Xaraf is not Ceelka Herer though. Hargeisa started with the Herer well that is where the
Cidagale suldaans use to be crowned. Cidagale and Arap aka reer Dumbuluq are the
original natives of the city.

It was the meeting point of several degaans, that is what led to so much conflict over so many years. Speak to any old men of Arap, SM and CG. Haji Farah is a well known figure in the history.

Forgive me sxb, is Reer Ogo Hussein Abokor?

Yes akhi, well some of us.

Bohol

VIP
Sxb those were pre colonial and colonial times . We are in the 21st century. HJ today if census is taken can surpass Isxaaq in Hargeysa. Plus they own most of the lucrative businesses. O

You are dreaming kid. Isaxaaq have almost the same number of MPs in Hargeisa as SM. The Isaxaaq
nation whose deegaan starts from Daroor to Hargeisa is over 150k (larger than the entire langaab HJ).

From 2012 Hargeisa local elections.

1.Maxamed Warsame Caalin Timacadde 5315 (Habaryonis /Isaxaq/Cabdale)
2.C/qani Yuusuf Cabdillaahi Ina Macalin 2969 (Habaryonis /Isaxaq/Cabdale)
3.C/laahi Cali Adan Yuusuf (Cabbaas) 2902 (Habaryonis /Isaxaq/habar kaliil)
4.C/risaaq Faarax Xassan (Qawdhan) 2621 (Habaryonis /Isaxaq/Qasin)
5.Cali Axmed Haybe Nuur 3786 (Habaryonis /Isaxaq/Cabdale)
6.khaalid cabdi cawad abyan 2949 (Habaryonis /Sugule)
7.Mustafe cismaan daahir 2861 (Habaryonis /Isaxaq/Qaasin)

Last edited:

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
I love seeing Isaaq go at it. It's like watching roosters fight.
Im imagining your reaction after your schadenfreude is like this
tenor-3.gif

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
@Hoosjeed It defeats the whole idea of tribal regions. The reason the former UDUB admin named those regions was
each community to have their own exclusive region. When you name districts within those regions to other communities then
that is when it loses its exclusive status.

My cousins in Gabiley get it this time they will not be fooled. When I see the Jibril Abokor youth standing up for Somaliland I feel SL's future is bright.

At the end of the day, your clan affiliation won't pay your bills. We need development so all of SL's citizens can prosper. I'm glad my cousins have chosen horumaar over petty tribalism.

I was not a fan of Dahir Riyaale's presidency to be completely honest and I had many disagreements with him politically. But the truth is he did more for Gabiley than Siilanyo did. The previous UDUB admin was much less qabilist, contrast that with Siilanyo who is busy bribing people who don't even want to be part of SL.

Bohol

VIP
My cousins in Gabiley get it this time they will not be fooled. When I see the Jibril Abokor youth standing up for Somaliland I feel SL's future is bright.

At the end of the day, your clan affiliation won't pay your bills. We need development so all of SL's citizens can prosper. I'm glad my cousins have chosen horumaar over petty tribalism.

I was not a fan of Dahir Riyaale's presidency to be completely honest and I had many disagreements with him politically. But the truth is he did more for Gabiley than Siilanyo did. The previous UDUB admin was much less qabilist, contrast that with Siilanyo who is busy bribing people who don't even want to be part of SL.

It makes sense. Since under a SM they won't be getting much otherwise it will be viewed as favoritism aka booli qaran.

Bohol

VIP
Yes

It was the meeting point of several degaans, that is what led to so much conflict over so many years. Speak to any old men of Arap, SM and CG. Haji Farah is a well known figure in the history.

No one said SM never lived in Hargeisa district however Hargeisa (little herer) was originally village situated in Ceelka Herer (Cidagale
deegaan). There was indeed conflicts that is why the GX and SM deegaans is clear cut and not mixed. However the HY and CG deegaans
are mixed there is many towns and villages they share example: Aw Barkhadle.

I support everybody voting for their interest, but there is a parable that is useful here. There was a west Africa leader who ran for president. He ran as the anti corruption candidate. He won and stole for 5 years. At the end of the 5 years in the election they criticised him for corruption. He said yes I was corrupt, but now I am full, and this one is starving. He was re-elected. We face similar problems. Is Watani going to be a clean government. Bari needs a lot more investment than galbeed, and it is right they get it. But let's not pretend it is a choice between corrupt and noncorrupt. The system is structurally corrupt.

No one said SM never lived in Hargeisa district however Hargeisa (little herer) was originally village situated in Ceelka Herer (Cidagale
deegaan). There was indeed conflicts that is why the GX and SM deegaans is clear cut and not mixed. However the HY and CG deegaans
are mixed there is many towns and villages they share example: Aw Barkhadle.

Yes, but the history, as I understood it, was that there was a CG sultanate, and we were based in Xaraf. The city was made however when Haji Farah and others went and brought Sheikh Madar from Harar. This was the major effort to bring peace after wars fought over wells and camels and what not. Its when surrounding villages gave way to a city. The point I'm trying to make is the history is a shared one, and SM have been instrumental in the development of the city, which is contested by some.

Last edited:

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
It makes sense. Since under a SM they won't be getting much otherwise it will be viewed as favoritism aka booli qaran.

Yup. Gabiley disproportionately contributes to SL's GDP due to the tens of millions (US$) received from Wajaaale and Kalabaydh customs and has received nothing in return over the last 6 years under Kulmiye. All that money goes to Madaxtooyada and it is never seen or heard from again.

Reer Gabiley are fed up. We might as well declare our own state, Wallahi we'd be better off than giving our lacaag to the fat cats at Kulmiye HQ and Dowladaa Dahabshiil.

Bohol

VIP
Yup. Gabiley disproportionately contributes to SL's GDP due to the tens of millions (US$) received from Wajaaale and Kalabaydh customs and has received nothing in return over the last 6 years under Kulmiye. All that money goes to Madaxtooyada and it is never seen or heard from again.

Reer Gabiley are fed up. We might as well declare our own state, Wallahi we'd be better off than giving our lacaag to the fat cats at Kulmiye HQ and Dowladaa Dahabshiil.

What is land prices like in Wajaale? I heard a plot of land there goes for 80k.

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
What is land prices like in Wajaale? I heard a plot of land there goes for 80k.

That sounds about right. I've heard $100K + for some prime plots as well. It is getting ridiculous out here. Runtii Wajaale is booming though, you can bulk buy almost anything there that is imported from Ethiopia and export it to the rest of SL.

The one bad thing about Wajaale is that all the contraband imports of consumer goods keeps local prices artificially high. It's unsustainable in the long run. We need to start building domestic production facilities in all regions to increase self sufficiency of SL.

Last edited:
Most of the families were relatively well off ones who had money and came by car. The ones who came to Gabiley district were mostly Garxajis, Prinicpally HY from Oodweyne and Ciidagale from the Hawd. They are in Wajaale now running businesses which is a far ways away from this degaan.

Wajaale is a commerical capital of SL so the more people that can contribute to it's development, the better. The local Jibril Abokor natives got no issues with our eastern brothers.

My uncle owns a warehouse in Wajaale and he's doing well alhamdulilah. Srs the town may look a bit ramshackle, but so much lacag changes hands everyday.

Horumaar and unity for SL:nvjpqts:

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
Yes, but the history, as I understood it, was that there was a CG sultanate, and we were based in Xaraf. The city was made however when Haji Farah and others went and brought Sheikh Madar from Harar. This was the major effort to bring peace after wars fought over wells and camels and what not. Its when surrounding villages gave way to a city. The point I'm trying to make is the history is a shared one, and SM have been instrumental in the development of the city, which is contested by some.

Jigjiga yar in North Hargeisa has also been booming recently. It might be the second largest commercial area in Hargeisa after the central souq.

Bohol

VIP
@Hoosjeed this is where @El padrone was talking about (Al Shukri business center) with the downstairs gym.

The three most busiest areas in New Hargeisa are Al Shukri, Maamuus, Shiraqle, Kaah (although Kaah is far). However Maamuus is
actually the chill out spot for WADANI politicians. The amount of politicians I saw there. :lol:

Al Shukri Business Center.

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
@Hoosjeed this is where @El padrone was talking about (Al Shukri business center).

The three most busiest areas in New Hargeisa are Al Shukri, Maamuus, Shiraqle, Kaah (although Kaah is far). However Maamuus is
actually the chill out spot for WADANI politicians. :lol:

Yes hence their potential to generate good GDP insha allah!.

waddani has its HQ across the road from maamuus.

NH needs its own open markets and it will compete with waaheen and gobonimo markets

I love seeing Isaaq go at it. It's like watching roosters fight.
It's not Isaaq go for one another we only had this

Black sheep that has probably been bullied by Biciide boys in Ceelafweyn.

Ceelafweyn is a known Biciide turf actually not all Biciide the Jilib of Axmed Faarax. Remember when Buurmadow hosted Cadde Muuse and his troops for months in Ceelafweyn after he was chased out of Puntland by Cabdullahi Yusuf and later mediated between them. Where were SY at that time? War HJ not only do they rule the republic they have influence as far as Hartiland and further.

@Hoosjeed this is where @El padrone was talking about (Al Shukri business center) with the downstairs gym.

actually the chill out spot for WADANI politicians. The amount of politicians I saw there. :lol:

Yh kaah is faaar but used to eat qurac there from time to time. Who owns the Ilo tango powdered drinks factory opposite of Kaah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts