Discussion: Why do UK madows hate Somalis ?

Carribean madows didn’t like West African madows. There’s still some emnity between them but it’s mostly calmed down as they have unified under the ‘black’ label over time. However don’t be deceived as they will engage in diaspora wars. They both hate Somalis (and Habeshas to a lesser extent). Ultimately it is all due to culture clash. Madows have a very loud and prideful (one would say boastful) culture that is obsessed with excessive indulgence (Carribeans to a more extreme extent) whereas Somalis are more shameful and humble.
The 'lesser extent' is mainly due to religious association, or lack thereof in the case of the Somalis, but their displeasure is on a par, from my experience.

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
Carribean madows didn’t like West African madows. There’s still some emnity between them but it’s mostly calmed down as they have unified under the ‘black’ label over time. However don’t be deceived as they will engage in diaspora wars. They both hate Somalis (and Habeshas to a lesser extent). Ultimately it is all due to culture clash. Madows have a very loud and prideful (one would say boastful) culture that is obsessed with excessive indulgence (Carribeans to a more extreme extent) whereas Somalis are more shameful and humble.
You know what's crazy? Rastafarians worship Haile Selassie and Ethiopia and they say you guys (Habeshas) are black but somali aren't. They hate us. Why would a Carribean black person hate a random country in the Horn of Africa (somalis). When Al Shabaab was bombing somalia,they would post the most messed up insensitive stuff. Pictures of starving somali kids with captions like "Haha the Arab rape babies are dying. Racist s getting their karma". Fulani have substantial Berber admixture yet they don't come for them.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
The 'lesser extent' is mainly due to religious association, or lack thereof in the case of the Somalis, but their displeasure is on a par, from my experience.
Very true. My older brother (ten years my senior) often recalls stories to me of Carribeans trying to bully him during his schoolboy years. It got to the point where he banded together with the Somalis in his year group so that they could protect each other.

The West Africans tended to be more neutral on him. However once he was invited to attend a church service by a Nigerian classmate as my brother often lamented about missing church (since my parents came in the early 2000’s, there wasn’t such an established Ethio/Eritrean community and so Orthodox services were far and few). To my brother’s surprise, 5 minutes into the service there were people dancing about trying to feign seizures and fits and he summarily left. From then on my parents decided to take us to the Romanian Orthodox services on the other side of town

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
You know what's crazy? Rastafarians worship Haile Selassie and Ethiopia and they say you guys (Habeshas) are black but somali aren't. They hate us. Why would a Carribean black person hate a random country in the Horn of Africa (somalis). When Al Shabaab was bombing somalia,they would post the most messed up insensitive stuff. Pictures of starving somali kids with captions like "Haha the Arab rape babies are dying. Racist s getting their karma". Fulani have substantial Berber admixture yet they don't come for them.
I guess it’s because Somalis are an easier target. The media portrayal of the two groups is very different. I mean the release of Captain Phillips made Barkhad Abdi the posterchild of Somalia ffs.

CALMONE20###

I guess it’s because Somalis are an easier target. The media portrayal of the two groups is very different. I mean the release of Captain Phillips made Barkhad Abdi the posterchild of Somalia ffs.
I get our neighbours disliking us because of the wars going back to the adal war however some random new worlder or west african who is on the other side of the continent? Strange. Is it jealousy,or the fact that we don't buy into the woke pan africanist pro black stuff. Rastafarians would always look at me with utter contempt. Madows would always say Somalian instead of somali. The oldest somali community is in the uk and the earliest to arrive to Britain were seamen from then british somaliland. In the 50s, an innocent somali was lynched by the Welsh government. A Jamaican man gave a false "eyewitness account " about the adeer killing a woman. These people have a deep hatred for us, meanwhile Abdi or Ayaan back in Hargeisa don't know what a Jamaican or Nigerian is.

Very true. My older brother (ten years my senior) often recalls stories to me of Carribeans trying to bully him during his schoolboy years. It got to the point where he banded together with the Somalis in his year group so that they could protect each other.
This reminds me of when they used to think I and a Sudanese friend were Ethiopians, and we never corrected them, and then when they discovered, it was as if we slaughtered their kin.

But in general, we got along all right, except when bust-ups would flare up between the West Indies vs Muslims, mostly of Bangoli and Indian extraction, and then we would be automatically, by association, relegated to the status of enemy numero uno.

This reminds me of when they used to think I and a Sudanese friend were Ethiopians, and we never corrected them, and then when they discovered, it was as if we slaughtered their kin.

But in general, we got along all right, except when bust-ups would flare up between the West Indies vs Muslims, mostly of Bangoli and Indian extraction, and then we would be automatically, by association, relegated to the status of enemy numero uno.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

CALMONE20###

They react as if you are a serial killer when you say "I'm Somali". Imagine having so much hatred for a random country. When I was a kid madows would touch my hair and say "I bet it's not real" or they'd offer to do my hair. Some Jamaican girl back in primary school when I was 7 years old, said "Somalians are so ugly". I told her "At least we can brush our hair and we have a culture and language". Wey aamustay.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
They react as if you are a serial killer when you say "I'm Somali". Imagine having so much hatred for a random country. When I was a kid madows would touch my hair and say "I bet it's not real" or they'd offer to do my hair. Some Jamaican girl back in primary school when I was 7 years old, said "Somalians are so ugly". I told her "At least we can brush our hair and we have a culture and language". Wey aamustay.
Lol I also grew up as a somali in the UK.
Safe to say I don't care about black activism and unity and they always ask me "why?" as if I didn't always hear them go in racist tirades about how somalis are just "Arab R@pe babies thats way they have loose hair"
I only really care about somalis and to an extent, other Horners. The Somali community was spread out where I was so I made lots of habesha friends as a kid and we always backed each other up alongside many somalis I befriended aswell.

They react as if you are a serial killer when you say "I'm Somali". Imagine having so much hatred for a random country. When I was a kid madows would touch my hair and say "I bet it's not real" or they'd offer to do my hair.
Oh that reminds me of a nutty Somali girl joining our school in Putney, West London, would behave as if the typical gaalo, head uncovered, in tight jeans, and the lot. One day, whilst she was queuing for lunch (bear in mind, she had a nice long, waist down hair), a couple of Jamaican girls, who thought she was wearing a hair piece, sneaked behind her to pull her hair extensions out to embarrass her. They pulled her hair so hard, she flew across the cafeteria with a plate full of her lunch coasting along the floor.

We came dashing to her rescue, almost beating up those stupid girls (we were more angry at her for her misbehaviours). The odd thing was it took us almost an hour to explain to them that was her natural hair. They could not believe it, kept saying: 'you people are effing Indians, know I mean'.

The real question is why are UK Somalis still crying about these Jamaicans?

I mean some of you are well into your twenties, still going on about what some low life jamaican said to you 10+ years ago.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Oh that reminds me of a nutty Somali girl joining our school in Putney, West London, would behave as if the typical gaalo, head uncovered, in tight jeans, and the lot. One day, whilst she was queuing for lunch (bear in mind, she had a nice long, waist down hair), a couple of Jamaican girls, who thought she was wearing a hair piece, sneaked behind her to pull her hair extensions out to embarrass her. They pulled her hair so hard, she flew across the cafeteria with a plate full of her lunch coasting along the floor.

We came dashing to her rescue, almost beating up those stupid girls (we were more angry at her for her misbehaviours). The odd thing was it took us almost an hour to explain to them that was her natural hair. They could not believe it, kept saying: 'you people are effing Indians, know I mean'.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
The bane of their reality.
I've never quite understood this. You can't preach to love yourself, but continually spite black people who have the hair you secretly covet. Either you love yourself and don't care to conform to white expectations, or you have an inferiority complex you need to work out. Just my two cents.

Trending