Discussion: Why do UK madows hate Somalis ?

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
It's so weird how they dislike us. All we did was immigrate to the UK for a better life. If a madow person makes a joke about Somalis and mocks us,it's ok. But when we give back the same energy they cry about it. The most random of all is that uk madows are either west african or anglo carribean,two groups that have no negative history with us. Wallahi waa yaab.

It's so weird how they dislike us. All we did was immigrate to the UK for a better life. If a madow person makes a joke about Somalis and mocks us,it's ok. But when we give back the same energy they cry about it. The most random of all is that uk madows are either west african or anglo carribean,two groups that have no negative history with us. Wallahi waa yaab.
We are Muslims and the mathows in the UK aren't and we look different and are insular as a community and don't integrate. They don't feel the same way about our neighbours who look like us from there point of view but are Christian like them. I think it's the fact that to them mathows can't be muslim so they see us as some kind of traitors and an scapegoat to hate on. All the muslim west Africans are all chill with us but they don't have that same energy for them so it's probably a combination of looking different and difference in religion. Probably also the fact we don't take there nonsense lying down either.

I think it is multi-fold:
Before Somalis arrived the scene in the early 90s (some in late eighties, but not many, and I am not discounting Seamen and their families, if small in number, in Liverpool, Cardiff, East London etc), there were only West Indies i.e. Jamaicans etc, then Somalis took over, and I think after the Indians, who technically know own brown Britain, so far as small businesses are concerned, no other ethnic group has established themselves in the UK as the Somalis. I am going by memory, and what I observe when I go back to visit family, and friends round Christmas.

In my past few trips to London, I have not seen many West Indians, as their traditional neighbourhoods i.e. Brixton, Southwark, Streatham, Harlesdon etc. had been taken over. I heard West Africans have taken over Seven Sisters and surroundning neighbourhoods in North London.

Ethnicity, religion, culture etc. are other factors to consider.

Naivety on the part of the Somalis is another factor, in that we have never been exposed to other cultures, religions etc., and tend to come across as belligerent, if intolerant in our dealings with other communities deemed different to us.

Socio-economic standing is another factors to consider, as Somalis move into neighbourhoods traditionally resided by working classes, who view the influx of new arrivals as a threat to their livelihood, perceived as competing for resources, hence scarcity breeding conflict amongst working class communities.

Those tend to breed rivalry, and by extension, animosity. I am sure there are other factors students of Social Studies could speak to.

Last edited:
It's a cycle: Jamaicans were bullied by the whites when they first moved here, the Jamaicans then bullied the africans, and then finally when Somalis came, the target was then placed on our backs. its more exaggerated with us because we have no common ground with those people.

Alhamdullilah I never went a madhow school

Who cares. It’s every one for themselves. Stick with your community and people you share a religion with and do your best to succeed in this society that doesn’t want you. How people view and perceive you is a waste of energy, focus on the important things like your health, wealth and family

I think it is multi-fold:
Before Somalis arrived the scene in the early 90s (some in late eighties, but not many, and I am not discounting Seamen and their families, if small in number, in Liverpool, Cardiff, East London etc), there were only West Indies i.e. Jamaicans etc, then Somalis took over, and I think after the Indians, who technically know own brown Britain, so far as small businesses are concerned, no other ethnic group has established themselves in the UK as the Somalis. I am going by memory, and what I observe when I go back to visit family, and friends round Christmas.

In my past few trips to London, I have not seen many West Indians, as their traditional neighbourhoods i.e. Brixton, Southwark, Streatham, Harlesdon etc. had been taken over. I heard West Africans have taken over Seven Sisters and surroundning neighbourhoods in North London.

Ethnicity, religion, culture etc. are other factors to consider.

Naivety on the part of the Somalis is another factor, in that we have never been exposed to other cultures, religions etc., and tend to come across as belligerent, if intolerant in our dealings with other communities deemed different to us.

Socio-economic standing is another factors to consider, as Somalis move into neighbourhoods traditionally resided by working classes, who view the influx of new arrivals as a threat to their livelihood, perceived as competing for resources, hence scarcity breeding conflict amongst working class communities.

Those tend to breed rivalry, and by extension, animosity. I am sure there are other factors students of Social Studies could speak to.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't see any sensible reason to care personally. No answer will satisfy you. Better to focus on people who like you, and filtering out people who like you, but also like people who dislike you.

Also, if you actually start listening to the insane drivel of hoteps and the like, you'll end up being gaslit into getting with those views. You'll be especially susceptible if you have an unconscious need to be accepted by people. If you're like this, stay away from these types.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is a good question. I am afraid my data, for the UK, is a bit outdated, for it has been a while since I have lived in London, albeit do still visit regularly, but from the onset, as expected, Somalis tend to create their little pockets and quarters setting up small businesses to self-sustain, and serve the community. Most of their businesses were, as I recall, congregated in West London, a good example is suuqa Waamo in Southall (I do not quite recall last time I visited there), and for certain, I do not even know which areas in London Somalis now call theirs - let us pose that question to reer London.

Not quite on the same scale as MN, but back then there were plenty of shops, budding real estate market, rising educated class, growing professional class to name a few, all good indicators of a growing community.

As for other communities, besides the historically established communities viz. the J2ws, and those from the sub-continent (Indians, Pakistanis, Bangolis, Sri Lankankas), other ethnic groups were not as evident, a good example being the Caribbeans.

Last edited:

Amber

A blessed human
I think @Dawaco is on a leave, and we could discuss it without any sharp objects being filed, straight-jackets being sewn, blood being drawn, eyes sockets being gouged, and hospital beds occupied!
What?! I'm a very peaceful person!
Happy Feel Good GIF

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Carribean madows didn’t like West African madows. There’s still some emnity between them but it’s mostly calmed down as they have unified under the β€˜black’ label over time. However don’t be deceived as they will engage in diaspora wars. They both hate Somalis (and Habeshas to a lesser extent). Ultimately it is all due to culture clash. Madows have a very loud and prideful (one would say boastful) culture that is obsessed with excessive indulgence (Carribeans to a more extreme extent) whereas Somalis are more shameful and humble.

Trending

Latest posts