Diet for gaining muscle

I can speak on experience that a good diet and workout regime balanced with good resting time will do wonders for your body. I gained 30 pounds in two months aswell as going from 40 pound bench press to 110 pound bench press, i can also do more pushups. As long as you take whatever amount of pounds you weigh and get that in grams of protein a day and you take 5 grams of creatine to go along with 3000 calories a day, you’ll see noticeable changes in your physique and strength in a month

I can speak on experience that a good diet and workout regime balanced with good resting time will do wonders for your body. I gained 30 pounds in two months aswell as going from 40 pound bench press to 110 pound bench press, i can also do more pushups. As long as you take whatever amount of pounds you weigh and get that in grams of protein a day and you take 5 grams of creatine to go along with 3000 calories a day, you’ll see noticeable changes in your physique and strength in a month
It's probably a combo of muscle, water weight and fat but 30lbs in 2 months is a little fucked sxb. Careful not to accidently dirty bulk, aim for about 1lbs per week. You realistically don't need to eat more than 500cals above maintance to build muscle.

Quick tip, careful with your sodium intake if you're supplementing with creatine. High sodium and creatine are the holy grail of water retention.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
I want to go back to my boxing gym but a lot of my friends are telling me I can’t bulk and do intense cardio like boxing. How should I go about this, do I really have to choose between the two?

Add more protein definitely and pump up your calorie intak Easy ways of bulking up in a somali family is to eat leftover meals, for example if you baasto iyo suugo just add a can of tuna. If you leftover bariis, also add a can of tuna. Eat vegetables, not just salad and cucumber.

If you have no leftover to eat then I suggest making your own meals to supplement. Could be a sandwhich between the meals and after the meals.
A can of salmon or sardines is better than tuna. Some super markets like Aldi and lidl have cheap canned red salmon from the Pacific.

I wish I could train you lol when Somalis see me they flip out. Not to sound like I'm bragging but I kind of stick out. I get told I look like an action figure at least once a week mind you I've been working out for 5 years.

One thing I would advise you to do is cut out the pasta, white rice and other kinds of garbage carbs.

Carbs you should be consuming: brown rice, black beans, chickpeas, oats. These are what you call complex carbs and are absorbed much more slowly into the body. The reason why you want to stay away from simple carbs like white rice, potatoes and pasta is because they're fast acting carbs as a result they get into your bloodstream quicker and spike your insulin. You don't want this unless you're eating it right after a workout which could be beneficial for you.

Protein: Can be anything just avoid processed meats. Go for chicken, fish, beef. Shakes are a good way to hit your target of 1g per pound of body weight. If you want to gain muscle though I'd advise to go for 1.5g per pound.

Eat at least two servings of vegetables a day, preferably spinach or broccoli.

Some supplement such as the protein powder are bogus because the moment u stop taking or the stop the gym routine u will lose weight. What I recommend is eating natural proteins such as eggs, beans and meat. And muscles are creating in the process of tearing and rebuilding so u need a lot of work and rest. Muscle isn't build on how much weight u lift but how consistent are u.
This is false, protein powder is a great way to get your daily intake of protein. For some people that's a lot of food and it's more convenient with the shakes.

One thing people don't realize is muscle takes a long time to develop and mature I'm talking years. I'm at the point now even if I take a month or two off from working out I still look the same. There's a point you get to of no return and that's the most satisfying feeling. All you have to do is maintain.

This is false, protein powder is a great way to get your daily intake of protein. For some people that's a lot of food and it's more convenient with the shakes.

One thing people don't realize is muscle takes a long time to develop and mature I'm talking years. I'm at the point now even if I take a month or two off from working out I still look the same. There's a point you get to of no return and that's the most satisfying feeling. All you have to do is maintain.
Years to develop? Sxb i gained like 3kg of muscle mass in like 3 months

Years to develop? Sxb i gained like 3kg of muscle mass in like 3 months
If you’re someone who just started working out you will gain muscle quickly but you will plateau after sometime most likely after 8 months. This is the tricky part where you’ll have to experiment what works for you and try different things. The muscle you’ve gained so far cannot be compared to someone whose been doing it for years.

This is probably what you look like no offense lol you see how there's no muscle separation or maturity?

preview.jpg

This is years after continuous poundage(without steroids), you see the separation in his chest, Traps, you can't see his arm but it's most likely separated where the bi's,tri's and shoulders are well defined.

mus-172-1024x683.jpg

You can't get a body like that even within a two year period don't let people lie to you. it takes time my friend with a good diet blah blah blah you know the rest. You have to have realistic goals.

Last edited:
If you’re someone who just started working out you will gain muscle quickly but you will plateau after sometime most likely after 8 months. This is the tricky part where you’ll have to experiment what works for you and try different things. The muscle you’ve gained so far cannot be compared to someone whose been doing it for years.

This is probably what you look like no offense lol you see how there's no muscle separation or maturity?

preview.jpg

This is years after continuous poundage(without steroids), you see the separation in his chest, Traps, you can't see his arm but it's most likely separated where the bi's,tri's and shoulders are well defined.

mus-172-1024x683.jpg

You can't get a body like that even within a two year period don't let people lie to you. it takes time my friend with a good diet blah blah blah you know the rest. You have to have realistic goals.
i took offense to that but whatever. Show me ur physique

Trending