Diet for gaining muscle

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
So far I eat 2,500 calories a day and I consume 50 grams of protein. Alx I have sisters who cook lunch and dinner everyday which I’m grateful for but it’s the same old bariis and basto. I make my own breakfast everyday which is normally just eggs. Meat is also a huge portion of my diet. Do you guys think eating bariis and basto everyday is not healthy? I’m 6’3 and 166 by the way. Also food recommendations would be helpful.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So far I eat 2,500 calories a day and I consume 50 grams of protein. Alx I have sisters who cook lunch and dinner everyday which I’m grateful for but it’s the same old bariis and basto. I make my own breakfast everyday which is normally just eggs. Meat is also a huge portion of my diet. Do you guys think eating bariis and basto everyday is not healthy? I’m 6’3 and 166 by the way. Also food recommendations would be helpful.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Raw milk, meat, eggs and seafood. Throw in some yogurt and cheese if you like. Refrain from all other foods. Full-body heavy weight-training, low reps with a focus on compound lifts for 3-4 days a week. Basically alternate. One day off, one day lift. Sleep well (7-8 hours per night). Give it time and your body will change.

digaagjecel

Raw milk, meat, eggs and seafood. Throw in some yogurt and cheese if you like. Refrain from all other foods. Full-body heavy weight-training, low reps with a focus on compound lifts for 3-4 days a week. Basically alternate. One day off, one day lift. Sleep well (7-8 hours per night). Give it time and your body will change.
I always hear a difference of opinion on how many days you should train. Just yesterday I was talking to one of the guys who works at the gym. He was telling me to come 6 days a week because I’m really young. While some other people say 4-5 times a week is ideal.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I always hear a difference of opinion on how many days you should train. Just yesterday I was talking to one of the guys who works at the gym. He was telling me to come 6 days a week because I’m really young. While some other people say 4-5 times a week is ideal.

I can only speak to what worked for me. Removing cardio which I used to do a lot of and giving myself a rest day between workout days just worked swell alongside full-body weight training. If you're already hitting body parts 3-4 days a week that's 3-4 times more per week than these saxiibs who do splits and show up 5 days a week or more. Anymore than that, especially with heavy compound lifts, is overkill. You're not on the sauce, walaal. Don't fatigue your body.

I would also recommend cutting back on the Carbier dairy products like milk and yogurts once you bulk up enough in order to lean out. Meat, eggs, cheeses and seafood should lean you out good and help you keep the mass gained too. Make sure to eat to satiety.

digaagjecel

I can only speak to what worked for me. Removing cardio which I used to do a lot of and giving myself a rest day between workout days just worked swell alongside full-body weight training. If you're already hitting body parts 3-4 days a week that's 3-4 times more per week than these saxiibs who do splits and show up 5 days a week or more. Anymore than that, especially with heavy compound lifts, is overkill. You're not on the sauce, walaal. Don't fatigue your body.
Thanks bro

Mozart

You need people like me
I doubt you’re eating 2500 calories and only eating 50g of protein. There’s 4 calories in a gram of protein so you’re essentially eating 200 calories of protein, and with eggs + meat it’s a lot more than that. Try to consume 0.8 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass. Do you use MyFitnessPal to track everything ?

Add more protein definitely and pump up your calorie intak Easy ways of bulking up in a somali family is to eat leftover meals, for example if you baasto iyo suugo just add a can of tuna. If you leftover bariis, also add a can of tuna. Eat vegetables, not just salad and cucumber.

If you have no leftover to eat then I suggest making your own meals to supplement. Could be a sandwhich between the meals and after the meals.

digaagjecel

I doubt you’re eating 2500 calories and only eating 50g of protein. There’s 4 calories in a gram of protein so you’re essentially eating 200 calories of protein, and with eggs + meat it’s a lot more than that. Try to consume 0.8 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass. Do you use MyFitnessPal to track everything ?
Your right I might’ve miss calculated, on my first week I was getting my meals prepped for me. Then after that I just copied what they did but I might’ve over/under calculated. It’s was easy since they were just giving me rice, chicken, and veggies. Could you explain what MyFitnessPal app is and how it’s helpful? Thank you.

digaagjecel

Add more protein definitely and pump up your calorie intak Easy ways of bulking up in a somali family is to eat leftover meals, for example if you baasto iyo suugo just add a can of tuna. If you leftover bariis, also add a can of tuna. Eat vegetables, not just salad and cucumber.

If you have no leftover to eat then I suggest making your own meals to supplement. Could be a sandwhich between the meals and after the meals.
Thanks man I appreciate. I sort of have a 6 pack since I haven’t worked out in a couple of years. My goal is to gain weight without getting belly fat.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Milk, meat, protein shake, eggs, beans, cheese, Yogurt

I'd only avoid the beans. Overrated. More likely to give you gas than bioavailable protein. And protein shakes are not terrible if you get a good whey with little to no additives but it's unnecessary if you eat enough meat, fish, eggs, yogurt and milk.

I'd only avoid the beans. Overrated. More likely to give you gas than bioavailable protein. And protein shakes are not terrible if you get a good whey with little to no additives but it's unnecessary if you eat enough meat, fish, eggs, yogurt and milk.
Those other foods have more nutrients that your body needs like calcium, fiber and other nutrients that keep your Body healthy

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Those other foods have more nutrients that your body needs like calcium, fiber and other nutrients that keep your Body healthy

There is zero evidence that fiber is necessary for the human body. Find me one mechanistic and clinical study that proves it. In fact, much of the current shoddy evidence proves the opposite:

And trying to get minerals from plant foods is a fool's errand. Most of those minerals like calcium and iron are wrapped in indigestible fiber or hindered in their digestion by antinutrients things like oxalates and phytates. You can limit the number of antinutrients like oxalates with methods like cooking but that reduces the nutrients too:

Just drink some milk and eat some meat and stop wasting time on garbage like beans. Or do waste your time and believe whatever you want.

There is zero evidence that fiber is necessary for the human body. Find me one mechanistic and clinical study that proves it. In fact, much of the current shoddy evidence proves the opposite:

And trying to get minerals from plant foods is a fool's errand. Most of those minerals like calcium and iron are wrapped in indigestible fiber or hindered in their digestion by antinutrients things like oxalates and phytates. You can limit the number of antinutrients like oxalates with methods like cooking but that reduces the nutrients too:

Just drink some milk and eat some meat and stop wasting time on garbage like beans. Or do waste your time and believe whatever you want.
You need carbs you telling me to turn into a carnivore lol. So your saying we don’t need fruits, vegetables and carbs lol

Get a kilo of creatine, it's cheap as chips online. Really helps me maintain strength when I'm cutting or when I start lifting again. It's honestly the only supplement apart from whey protein that actually works.

Get ashwaghanda

made my pp bigger walahi
I used that and L-theanine in my green tea during exams, legit helps me relax. Don't know about the pp shite abti lol
You need carbs you telling me to turn into a carnivore lol. So your saying we don’t need fruits, vegetables and carbs lol
For vitamines yes, but fruits are simple carbs, they're main just sugar. Complex and fibrous carbs on the other hands are fucking based and should be a staple in your diet. You don't get that horrible lethargic feeling afterward.

Trending