Did Haplogroup J originate from the Middle East or Central Asia? Are They Afro-Asiatic or Turkic/Mongols?

So before I even begin, I am not an expert in genetics, population movements, linguistics or history. I'm just a man who likes to look up this stuff. I've been looking at different ethnic groups, both present and ancient and their linguistics and genetics and have some questions, because things are not adding up.

The people with a highest amount of haplogroup J are not Arabs. They're from Central Asia/Caucasus Mountains.
Unlike Ethio-Semites and North Africans, those with a lot of Haplogroup J seem to come from populations that spread Semitic languages in those regions. For Ethio-Semites, roughly around the time of Judaism and for North Africa, with the spread of Islam.

For those north of the Middle East, despite having a lot of Haplogroup J, they did not adopt the language or culture. The religion was adopted for many of them however.

My guess is that Haplogroup J didn't originate from the middle east, but Central Asia, and a population moved to the middle east, prior to Judaism, formed a community and spread across the region. This group assimilated to the Semitic languages that originated with the Hamites in Babylon/Sumerian civilizations. I think these people were the Assyrians, or a similar group. Especially when they used Sumerian Cuneiform to transition to Akkadian languages. They were there for at least 5000 years. The Ethio-Semitic languages were first found in the Horn 4000 years ago. We also already know the Assyrians spread all across the Middle East and Egypt.

The original inhabitants of North Africa and the Middle East seem to be E1b1b. The reason is because the ancient archeological sites associated in the regions all have samples that point to their ancestors being E1b1b, not J.

Now, this isn't a We Wuz thread, cause as Somalis, we're Cushitics and have another origin anyway, but this was just something I noticed. Could be wrong. Would like another opinion.

E-M35/E-M78 is the original dominant haplogroup of indigenous North Africans, E-M35 in the Natufians & E-M78 in Neolithic Levantines suggests that these males were intrusive into the Middle East.

T-M70 was probably brought from the North that helped create the Neolithic Levantines who were basically Natufian + Anatolian HG admixes.Natufians themselves are a mixture between Levantine HG & North African HG males.

J1 probably arrived from the eastern part of the Middle East near modern Iran/Iraq (Zagros mountains) during the bronze age and managed to dominate the E1b1b dominant Proto-Semites who then expanded into Arabia in various migrations from the Levant and mixed with the local Hunter-Gatherers there.These J1 guys probably brought the Iranian Farmer ancestry which is widespread among all Middle Eastern groups including the Arabians (they are around 20-25% Iranian Farmer descended)

@Al-Ma'mun So, does this indicate that ancient Sumerians and Elamites were the OG J carrier?
How likely do you think they’d find Natufian-like component and E-M35 in Sumerians?

J is like 40k years old....you can't be seriously thinking Sumerians and Elamites were the Original spreaders of J*
I admit my wording was quite flawed. Yes. I know there were predecessors who carry J. What I’m asking is “were Sumerians and Elamites the first archaic civilization-builders who carry predominantly the y-chromosome J?”

Shimbiris mentioned that the upcoming sample with older types of ancient Egyptians also featured y-chromosome J. I wonder how it got there? Perhaps through contacts with prehistoric, Neolithic farmers from the Levant? Or via Asiatic migrants starting from 1st intermediate period?

He also mentioned leaks regarding upcoming Sumerian data. He’s really an informative man with various sources.

I wonder who resemble Sumerians the most today? Marsh Arabs, perhaps?

Shimbiris mentioned that the upcoming sample with older types of ancient Egyptians also featured y-chromosome J. I wonder how it got there? Perhaps through contacts with prehistoric, Neolithic farmers from the Levant? Or via Asiatic migrants starting from 1st intermediate period?
As I mentioned earlier, J1 & Iranian Farmer ancestry spread west into the Levant during the Bronze Age creating the Jordanian EBA Ghazal type of people.Levantines migrated in waves to the Nile Valley and were assimilated into Egypt, the Hyksos dynasty is a great example of it

I admit that I had a false impression on the Sumerians due to their hyped up status in history class.
Though their statues are a bit different from the following races such as the Assyrians. The former seem to be a bunch of naturally bald people, while the latter are hairy specimen.
I can, however, live with the notion that Sumerian women resemble Hayv Kharaman.
Now I wonder how would 19th century racial anthropologists classify the Sumerians if they ever see one? Caucasian race Arabid type?

Last edited:
E-M35/E-M78 is the original dominant haplogroup of indigenous North Africans, E-M35 in the Natufians & E-M78 in Neolithic Levantines suggests that these males were intrusive into the Middle East.

T-M70 was probably brought from the North that helped create the Neolithic Levantines who were basically Natufian + Anatolian HG admixes.Natufians themselves are a mixture between Levantine HG & North African HG males.

J1 probably arrived from the eastern part of the Middle East near modern Iran/Iraq (Zagros mountains) during the bronze age and managed to dominate the E1b1b dominant Proto-Semites who then expanded into Arabia in various migrations from the Levant and mixed with the local Hunter-Gatherers there.These J1 guys probably brought the Iranian Farmer ancestry which is widespread among all Middle Eastern groups including the Arabians (they are around 20-25% Iranian Farmer descended)
So the first E-M35 carriers looked like North African/Middle Easterners rather than Sub Saharan Africans?

I think the main contributor of E-M35 may have looked like the following
B9448DA8-F039-4026-875F-D83AB567529E.jpeg
EF347431-C19D-430E-9EC3-BEC0DB651BD3.jpeg
94C43CA9-1CC5-4C12-BB77-FCC018C6F14D.jpeg
9E96DB9E-DF1F-430D-9969-A93BF016CB3D.jpeg
2A6E46EB-2AAB-4AF9-A13D-D811A0B752AC.jpeg
7A097B85-A64C-4EC7-9706-67AE47657789.jpeg
0B8E2BB8-BF78-4018-8886-962A9686D0CB.jpeg
73ACA992-4640-440B-B2B2-86CCE01183C9.jpeg
EDA03ECD-76FE-431B-9FB8-6EEDA829B29D.jpeg
A95FB7DE-D53E-43F6-8C10-807B2BBD4555.jpeg

@Al-Ma'mun How about Nazlet Khater? How likely do you think that thing is related to the Taforalt people? Or perhaps NK people were just some random HGs unrelated to the distribution of E-M35?
How about the Eburran (Kenya Capsian) Industry? Were Eburrans closely related to Capsians and/or other IBM-related peoples?

C70F0AE5-5F1F-4B88-AD8F-6F6DCDDFDA10.jpeg

44B7AA06-7000-4E30-AD6C-9C92C9FC66A6.jpeg

I see the resemblance. The old man’s likely a Horn African. I can definitely see why the 19th-20th century anthropologists invented that taboo concept.

Trending