آوٓ- OO

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Let’s use the namekian script :wheelchairoday:

images

somalipatriot

Unfortunately, therefore lack of any wisdom
War niyahow, I ain't out here to disrespect your adeer. Just showing why Arabic is better and your criticism about Far Wadaad makes no sense as I demonstrated above that you can use the Arabic script however you like and basically use it how you would use the Latin script. Also, mashallah regarding your piety.
You have been arabized in your mind Somali nationalism is/was a good medicine against poisoned individuals like you Somalia is not Sudan! historically we’re a unique nation united by race tribe language ethnicity and religion this heritage cannot be destroyed!

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You have been arabized in your mind Somali nationalism is/was a good medicine against poisoned individuals like you Somalia is not Sudan! historically we’re a unique nation united by race tribe language ethnicity and religion this heritage cannot be destroyed!
Do me a solid. Print out your message, roll up the paper and shove it up your anus. Please do that for me, walaal. I'll really appreciate it.

I am not Arabized in the least. In fact, I spent many years being genuinely annoyed (to an almost socially inept degree) whenever Arabs would claim Somalis were Arabs and would take the time to explain our ethnic identity to each and everyone of them until I got too old and tired. For the last time, this has NOTHING to do with "Ana Carab". It's about the fact that the Arabic script is part of our heritage and culture and has been for ONE THOUSAND+ YEARS. Subxanallah. How can people be this dense? I am talking about writing Af-Soomaali in a script, not adopting Arabic as our language. Bismillah...

@Shimbiris what about double consonants. bb gg dd etc.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Either repeat the letter like in Latin or use diacritics, I would imagine.

how about osmanya?
I like Cismaanya and how similar it even is in appearance to Ge'ez which makes the Horn look like a sort of scriptal block but I doubt Somalis will be hip to the idea of a script created by one qabiil.

@Shimbiris

I am thinking of creating a Cushitic Esperanto for the lulz, but I think it would take up way too much time and in the end nobody would use it. :dead:

If I did it, I would make the language 30% Somali, 30% Oromo, 15% Afar, 10% Agaw, 10% Beja, 5% various laangaabs.

:denzelnigga:
No self-respecting person would speak that mongrel language.

somalipatriot

Do me a solid. Print out your message, roll up the paper and shove it up your anus. Please do that for me, walaal. I'll really appreciate it.

I am not Arabized in the least. In fact, I spent many years being genuinely annoyed (to an almost socially inept degree) whenever Arabs would claim Somalis were Arabs and would take the time to explain our ethnic identity to each and everyone of them until I got too old and tired. For the last time, this has NOTHING to do with "Ana Carab". It's about the fact that the Arabic script is part of our heritage and culture and has been for ONE THOUSAND+ YEARS. Subxanallah. How can people be this dense? I am talking about writing Af-Soomaali in a script, not adopting Arabic as our language. Bismillah...

Either repeat the letter like in Latin or use diacritics, I would imagine.

I like Cismaanya and how similar it even is in appearance to Ge'ez which makes the Horn look like a sort of scriptal block but I doubt Somalis will be hip to the idea of a script created by one qabiil.
To keep my reply short the Latin script was adopted in 1972 if it wasn’t then we would have had osmanya script! You can fix yourself or break yourself but these are the facts and reality

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
To keep my reply short the Latin script was adopted in 1972 if it wasn’t then we would have had osmanya script! You can fix yourself or break yourself but these are the facts and reality
Arabic was quite in the running, actually. And what is your problem with an Arabic script, exactly? How would using it "Arabize" Somalis? Honestly, if Somalis become Arabs and drop their own language and culture just because of a script then that is a failure of the Somali people as a whole for being so rootless and dhaqan la'aan for something that small to uproot their entire identity. Unfortunately, this is commonly the state of affairs nowadays even without the Arabic script. Much of Somali culture from just a century ago is dead. Our traditional boat building, most of our traditional clothes, many of the day to day customs or folktales or beliefs... most geeljires don't even know that a century Somali nomads used to keep shepherd dogs. We really need a cultural revival, wallahi. Too many saaxiibs walking around thinking a khamiis is our traditional attire.

somalipatriot

Arabic was quite in the running, actually. And what is your problem with an Arabic script, exactly? How would using it "Arabize" Somalis? Honestly, if Somalis become Arabs and drop their own language and culture just because of a script then that is a failure of the Somali people as a whole for being so rootless and dhaqan la'aan for something that small to uproot their entire identity. Unfortunately, this is commonly the state of affairs nowadays even without the Arabic script. Much of Somali culture from just a century ago is dead. Our traditional boat building, most of our traditional clothes, many of the day to day customs or folktales or beliefs... most geeljires don't even know that a century Somali nomads used to keep shepherd dogs. We really need a cultural revival, wallahi. Too many clowns walking around thinking a khamiis is our traditional attire.
You’re completely a fool and you’re lying to yourself if you believe that Arabic was even
considered in 1972 when the Latin script was adopted the second choice was Osmanya

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You’re completely a fool and you’re lying to yourself if you believe that Arabic was even
considered in 1972 when the Latin script was adopted the second choice was Osmanya
I don't think, I just remember reading that it clearly was in the running. Do you have actual sources showing it was not? And again, what is your problem with the script? Are you Muslim? What kind of Muslim has a hatred for the Arabic script?

Apollo

VIP
By the way, @The alchemist I checked out a bunch of constructed languages, and my personal favorite is Interlingua. It is basically dumbed down Latin and all Romance speakers can understand you. So ironically the most useful conlang, but it has a dead community unlike ugly Esperanto which has a semi-vibrant community. I hate Esperanto orthography and the fact it used Slavic words, combining unrelated language families isn't a good idea.

By the way, @The alchemist I checked out a bunch of constructed languages, and my personal favorite is Interlingua. It is basically dumbed down Latin and all Romance speakers can understand you. So ironically the most useful conlang, but it has a dead community unlike ugly Esperanto which has a semi-vibrant community. I hate Esperanto orthography and the fact it used Slavic words, combining unrelated language families isn't a good idea.
Do you know where I first encountered this Esperanto language? Through George Soros, the guy speaks it fluently. The pragmatic side of me asks why waste time learning such a useless language?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Just sounds like some odd Romance language to me:

Yeah, no. I ain't switching out Germanics for some Latin pidgin.

Apollo

VIP
Do you know where I first encountered this Esperanto language? Through George Soros, the guy speaks it fluently. The pragmatic side of me asks why waste time learning such a useless language?

It almost had a breakthrough at the league of nations (predecessor of the UN), but France cockblocked it. Globalists all like it, no wonder George Soros is/was into it. Also, I read it almost had a chance of becoming the language of Israel, since Jews did not speak Hebrew until recently there was a debate between using either Yiddish, regular German, a modernized version of ancient Hebrew (resurrecting from the dead), and even Esperanto (dude who created it was a Jew).

Trending

Latest posts