dear somalis: if you were to marry a non somali, what ethnicity would be most accepted by your beoble?

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
for us oromos/ethiopians, we'd marry eritreans and somalis, seeing as how we all have the same shiny, prominent, beautiful foreheads and other features in common. religion is the most important thing, or should be.
what say you guys?
for the brazers: let's say you were to marry a non somali woman, a muslim though, what would you think your parents would accept more? ethio [could be harari, silte, gurage, oromo, afar] or eritrean [saho, afar again lol, tigre]
for the sistars: same question!
My dad used to live in Ethiopia and so would accept any Ethiopian that’s Muslim and Cushitic or semetic and my mum would probably only allow oromos/ afars, many of my family are part oromo and one of my closest uncles (my mums first cousin) is half oromo so my mum wouldn’t mind them. Other than horners I don’t think any other Africans would be acceptable by either of my parents unless they were North African which even that is a bit debatable. My dad would accept an arab tho my mum might not tho and white people and Asians are out of the question. My dad actually did once say he wouldn’t mind an Indian girl since he views them as submissive and produce good looking children that look somali when they mix with somalis. All this is if I was to marry out tho, my parents are both pretty strict on my marrying another somali and wouldn’t really want any outsiders

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Girl I am not here to counsel your pathetic identity crisis. Get a life and stop cooning.
Identity crisis? Tf does that mean? Is it because I don't have an inflated sense of worth based on my ethnicity, who btw are the same people that fled their failed state and are known for being refugees around the world? I accept reality unlike you fake nationalists. Grow up and stop hiding behind this fake sense of superiority. God knows it's completely undeserved.

What about somalis with those features? like the president or w/e of puntland? is he of j.areer descent or mixture?

it doesn't bother me, but it's a LIE. a lot of us resemble each other-oromo, afar, somali, saho, -and then amhara, tigrayan, etc, resembling each other the most. there's a reason our languages are classified as belonging to a similar family tree/grouping of languages, as well.
you seem to have this kibr, or pride, a feeling of superiority, which is what makes you deny this obvious truth. you may feel that somalis are superior, but in the grand scheme of things, being somali, oromo, etc, will not benefit you/us. in the end, it's our deeds, and Allaah's forgiving us or punishing us, that determines if we're doomed or among the successful ones.
I am not ''clinging'' to anything, I am telling the truth. more somalis have confused me for being one of them, than those who didn't. It's not a coincidence that the one who denies any relations to their neighbors, is a person full of Kibr-pride, and perhaps, yes, arrogance.
never said I wanted to pass as somali-but, yes, indeed-keep lying more and more, if that helps you feel better about denying the obvious truth.

Well any Somali with those features must have bantu admixture. It doesn't represent our ethnic features. In the eyes of Allah there's no difference but our actions in tthi dunya will. I'm proud of my lineage and don't claim others. I can trace my lineage for a millenia and no Ethiopian is part of my background.

Any Ethiopian that looks Somali must be very rare. I have yet to see it. I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

Joliemademoiselle

A pious muslima.
wallahi some of you like too much fake news... its not that deep. nobody will disown or kill you for marrying ajnabi.
Something called preference exist and Somalis like anyone else except madows men prefer marrying their own for many good reasonable reasons.

Says the person who's proud to come from a failed state. Please tell me what makes you weirdos have such undeserved pride?

It would be better for your own mental state and more comprehendable to be a non Somali who's talking all this trash, as opposed to actually being a Somali who's full of self hatred
:lolbron:

Man are a headache already 😫 why would I add to it by marrying someone from different culture or language? For me personally it's somali only any tribe I dont care. Marriage ain't easy ya know.

for us oromos/ethiopians, we'd marry eritreans and somalis, seeing as how we all have the same shiny, prominent, beautiful foreheads and other features in common. religion is the most important thing, or should be.
what say you guys?
for the brazers: let's say you were to marry a non somali woman, a muslim though, what would you think your parents would accept more? ethio [could be harari, silte, gurage, oromo, afar] or eritrean [saho, afar again lol, tigre]
for the sistars: same question!
my mom is pretty much open to and accepting to any race which is cool. My mom is not closed minded an is the kind of parent that tries to understand my point of view when it comes to stuff like this. But i would personally want a somali man i want my kids to look like me idk 😂

Ah, an angry somali sister, who denies looking like people who were neighbouring her ancestors for centuries upon centuries- I can already tell that, the truth is only the truth if YOU* like it, or if it fits your narrative. I see.
If you say so sister, as for me, I know what I have seen and experienced in real life- I've been mistaken for being somali, by somalis, by ethiopians even, and even random white people!
and sister, please remember, your ''heritage'' will not save you from the punishment of the grave, nor will it save you from the terrors of Yawmul Hisab, nor will it get you into Jannah.
I am not obsessed, I am just curious to see how open minded the few somalis here are. I know many in real life, and most are open minded, i know half somali half ethiopian families, and even half indian/half ethiopian families. I've fasted and broken my fast at their homes, and somalis are mostly generous people, but of course they have their share of angry not so kind people lol. :)
👏🏾

Trending