dear somalis: if you were to marry a non somali, what ethnicity would be most accepted by your beoble?

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
@Hassan mahat "I DOUBT MY KIDS WILL BE"

YOU WILL SEE :mjlol: :holeup:Iska ilaali. Jews will corrupt your children to dye their hair be pro gay and probably live in a house full of polygamists.

for us oromos/ethiopians, we'd marry eritreans and somalis, seeing as how we all have the same shiny, prominent, beautiful foreheads and other features in common. religion is the most important thing, or should be.
what say you guys?
for the brazers: let's say you were to marry a non somali woman, a muslim though, what would you think your parents would accept more? ethio [could be harari, silte, gurage, oromo, afar] or eritrean [saho, afar again lol, tigre]
for the sistars: same question!

Your name sounds Ethoipian. Do we really have non-Somali's on this forum?

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Aren't Ethiopian Habeshas almost exclusively gaalo? Eritrean Tigres are heavily Muslim leaning I think. That's why it would work out better. Not necessarily because of politics. Speculating anyway, I've never heard or seen of a Somali-Eritrean couple irl. Even though they've swarmed Antwerp & Brussels etc. so have a population overlap with us in the diaspora.

Ah, an angry somali sister, who denies looking like people who were neighbouring her ancestors for centuries upon centuries- I can already tell that, the truth is only the truth if YOU* like it, or if it fits your narrative. I see.
If you say so sister, as for me, I know what I have seen and experienced in real life- I've been mistaken for being somali, by somalis, by ethiopians even, and even random white people!
and sister, please remember, your ''heritage'' will not save you from the punishment of the grave, nor will it save you from the terrors of Yawmul Hisab, nor will it get you into Jannah.
I am not obsessed, I am just curious to see how open minded the few somalis here are. I know many in real life, and most are open minded, i know half somali half ethiopian families, and even half indian/half ethiopian families. I've fasted and broken my fast at their homes, and somalis are mostly generous people, but of course they have their share of angry not so kind people lol. :)

Firstly calling out someones obsession is doesn't make anyway angry. If you want to simply find out this information then why make the same thread twice. We do not look the same because Somalis are homogenous intermarriage with foreigners was extremely rare so your point is not valid. I have meet many Ethiopians and Eritreans in my life and not a single looked Somali.
Why does this fact bother you so much? Are you ashamed of your roots "brother". Deny all you want but we don't look the same and have next to nothing in common.

91A131FB-1B58-4F85-A714-C420BE574BE6.jpeg.jpg

Firstly calling out someones obsession is doesn't make anyway angry. If you want to simply find out this information then why make the same thread twice. We do not look the same because Somalis are homogenous intermarriage with foreigners was extremely rare so your point is not valid. I have meet many Ethiopians and Eritreans in my life and not a single looked Somali.
Why does this fact bother you so much? Are you ashamed of your roots "brother". Deny all you want but we don't look the same and have next to nothing in common.

View attachment 155671

Not obsessed at all, just curious, seeing as how inter-cultural or inter-ethnic marriage seems tobe a controversial topic for many...but if that lie makes you feel better, feel free to say what you wish.
Sure, Somalis do not resemble anyone, to YOU, but your words and logic=false, because you can resemble people who neighbor you, without having married extensively with others.
The fact that many of us get mistaken for belonging to a neighboring ethnicity alone, can refute your points sister. As I've told you, I have been mistaken for being Somali so many times.
Somali's are varied in looks too by the way, from their skin hue, to features. You have some with wider noses, that resemble features they'd say ''j a r e e rs'' have, while you have some with the traditional ''hamitic-cushitic'' features, i.e. thinner noses, lips, broad foreheads, etc.

Last edited:
Not obsessed at all, just curious, seeing as how inter-cultural or inter-ethnic marriage seems tobe a controversial topic for many...but if that lie makes you feel better, feel free to say what you wish.
Sure, Somalis do not resemble anyone, to YOU, but your words and logic=false, because you can resemble people who neighbor you, without having married extensively with others.
The fact that many of us get mistaken for belonging to a neighboring ethnicity alone, can refute your points sister. As I've told you, I have been mistaken for being Somali so many times.
Somali's are varied in looks too by the way, from their skin hue, to features. You have some with wider noses, that resemble features they'd say ''******s'' have, while you have some with the traditional ''hamitic-cushitic'' features, i.e. thinner noses, lips, broad foreheads, etc.

Well the j.areers descend from bantu slaves so they have a different ethnicity to ethnic somalis. I get recognised as Somali even with a face mask on by Somalis and foreigners alike. At most ethnically ambigious or arab because they see the hijab.

I don't know what lie you are talking about we do not look the same. Why does me saying we don't look the same bother you?

I'm proud of being and looking Somali. Why can't you be accept how you are and how Allah created you instead of clinging to other ethnicities. I'm sure if I saw your face I'd never think you were Somali. Why do you want to pass as Somali when you're not?

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Well the j.areers descend from bantu slaves so they have a different ethnicity to ethnic somalis. I get recognised as Somali even with a face mask on by Somalis and foreigners alike. At most ethnically ambigious or arab because they see the hijab.

I don't know what lie you are talking about we do not look the same. Why does me saying we don't look the same bother you?

I'm proud of being and looking Somali. Why can't you be accept how you are and how Allah created you instead of clinging to other ethnicities. I'm sure if I saw your face I'd never think you were Somali. Why do you want to pass as Somali when you're not?
You're a moron. Have you ever seen an Oromo, or are you talking out of your ass?

What about somalis with those features? like the president or w/e of puntland? is he of j.areer descent or mixture?

it doesn't bother me, but it's a LIE. a lot of us resemble each other-oromo, afar, somali, saho, -and then amhara, tigrayan, etc, resembling each other the most. there's a reason our languages are classified as belonging to a similar family tree/grouping of languages, as well.
you seem to have this kibr, or pride, a feeling of superiority, which is what makes you deny this obvious truth. you may feel that somalis are superior, but in the grand scheme of things, being somali, oromo, etc, will not benefit you/us. in the end, it's our deeds, and Allaah's forgiving us or punishing us, that determines if we're doomed or among the successful ones.
I am not ''clinging'' to anything, I am telling the truth. more somalis have confused me for being one of them, than those who didn't. It's not a coincidence that the one who denies any relations to their neighbors, is a person full of Kibr-pride, and perhaps, yes, arrogance.
never said I wanted to pass as somali-but, yes, indeed-keep lying more and more, if that helps you feel better about denying the obvious truth.