dear somalis: if you were to marry a non somali, what ethnicity would be most accepted by your beoble?

Also, random observation, I've noticed it's more acceptable for Muslim men to marry women of any ethnicity, but it's a bit... less accepted if it's a Muslim woman marrying outside her ethnicity? Is it because the children's take on the man's culture? Or? What do you guys think?

*rubs luxurious beard and thinks*

Oromo and Somali marriages are normal as long as they're Muslim. It happened throughout history. Our cultures are very similar and we're neighbors. I know this Oromo lady who was married to a Sheikhaal man, likewise vice versa with Somali women. I would choose an East African Muslim if it wasn't Somali.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I’ve rarely seen Somalis complain about somalis and eritreans marrying they seem more welcomed than ethiopians, I’ve seen way more somali/eritreans than somali/ethiopians. I personally don’t see a somali/ethiopian marriage working out in the long run

Aren't Ethiopian Habeshas almost exclusively gaalo? Eritrean Tigres are heavily Muslim leaning I think. That's why it would work out better. Not necessarily because of politics. Speculating anyway, I've never heard or seen of a Somali-Eritrean couple irl. Even though they've swarmed Antwerp & Brussels etc. so have a population overlap with us in the diaspora.

Aren't Ethiopian Habeshas almost exclusively gaalo? Eritrean Tigres are heavily Muslim leaning I think. That's why it would work out better. Not necessarily because of politics. Speculating anyway, I've never heard or seen of a Somali-Eritrean couple irl. Even though they've swarmed Antwerp & Brussels etc. so have a population overlap with us in the diaspora.
Many Habeshas are Muslim

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Most ethiopian muslims are still very loyal to their ethnicity so a feud can break out in a marriage if the topic of ethnic clashes and boarders in Ethiopia are ever brought up, we don’t have that issue with Eritrean tigre muslims

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Stop the cap, we don't have similar features or similar culture. We are only neighbours thats were the similarity ends . I'd rather die single then degrade my heritage like that. Btw what is your obsession with Somali women? I know that you've made a similar thread before. :ileycry:
Please, being Somali is degrading enough

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
for us oromos/ethiopians, we'd marry eritreans and somalis, seeing as how we all have the same shiny, prominent, beautiful foreheads and other features in common. religion is the most important thing, or should be.
what say you guys?
for the brazers: let's say you were to marry a non somali woman, a muslim though, what would you think your parents would accept more? ethio [could be harari, silte, gurage, oromo, afar] or eritrean [saho, afar again lol, tigre]
for the sistars: same question!
Bruv marrying an Oromo is Somali culture is seen as bad. Especially if you're a female. Taboo topic tbh.

but it can be a discount if you're Muslim and anti-Abiy:banderas:

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
for us oromos/ethiopians, we'd marry eritreans and somalis, seeing as how we all have the same shiny, prominent, beautiful foreheads and other features in common. religion is the most important thing, or should be.
what say you guys?
for the brazers: let's say you were to marry a non somali woman, a muslim though, what would you think your parents would accept more? ethio [could be harari, silte, gurage, oromo, afar] or eritrean [saho, afar again lol, tigre]
for the sistars: same question!
My mother is fond of Afars and Sudanese/Eritreans but Oromos are no go zone. They're 2x our population we ain't gonna assimilate stick to your queens sxb.

Most ethiopian muslims are still very loyal to their ethnicity so a feud can break out in a marriage if the topic of ethnic clashes and boarders in Ethiopia are ever brought up, we don’t have that issue with Eritrean tigre muslims

nah man, as long as we can eat injera and wat, twice a week minimum, we're good. lol.

Trending

Latest posts