dear somalis: if you were to marry a non somali, what ethnicity would be most accepted by your beoble?

for us oromos/ethiopians, we'd marry eritreans and somalis, seeing as how we all have the same shiny, prominent, beautiful foreheads and other features in common. religion is the most important thing, or should be.
what say you guys?
for the brazers: let's say you were to marry a non somali woman, a muslim though, what would you think your parents would accept more? ethio [could be harari, silte, gurage, oromo, afar] or eritrean [saho, afar again lol, tigre]
for the sistars: same question!

salma saluuni

For the thrillπŸ’ƒπŸ½
giphy.gif
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
for us oromos/ethiopians, we'd marry eritreans and somalis, seeing as how we all have the same shiny, prominent, beautiful foreheads and other features in common. religion is the most important thing, or should be.
what say you guys?
for the brazers: let's say you were to marry a non somali woman, a muslim though, what would you think your parents would accept more? ethio [could be harari, silte, gurage, oromo, afar] or eritrean [saho, afar again lol, tigre]
for the sistars: same question!

Stop the cap, we don't have similar features or similar culture. We are only neighbours thats were the similarity ends . I'd rather die single then degrade my heritage like that. Btw what is your obsession with Somali women? I know that you've made a similar thread before. :ileycry:

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasmβ€’ Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
My family were cool with me wanting to marry a girl that wasn’t Somali, all my family cared about was if she’s Muslim. Which my wifey is Alhamdulilah

Stop the cap, we don't have similar features or similar culture. We are only neighbours thats were the similarity ends . I'd rather die single then degrade my heritage like that. Btw what is your obsession with Somali women? I know that you've made a similar thread before. :ileycry:

Ah, an angry somali sister, who denies looking like people who were neighbouring her ancestors for centuries upon centuries- I can already tell that, the truth is only the truth if YOU* like it, or if it fits your narrative. I see.
If you say so sister, as for me, I know what I have seen and experienced in real life- I've been mistaken for being somali, by somalis, by ethiopians even, and even random white people!
and sister, please remember, your ''heritage'' will not save you from the punishment of the grave, nor will it save you from the terrors of Yawmul Hisab, nor will it get you into Jannah.
I am not obsessed, I am just curious to see how open minded the few somalis here are. I know many in real life, and most are open minded, i know half somali half ethiopian families, and even half indian/half ethiopian families. I've fasted and broken my fast at their homes, and somalis are mostly generous people, but of course they have their share of angry not so kind people lol. :)

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I almost married a non-Muslim girl so at this point my family will take any Muslim girl with a hijab.

If not Somali, my mum would probably have a preference for Muslim Oromos or certain type of Arabs like Yemenis.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not surprised, apparently it's a thing in Toronto/North America, but I've never heard of non-Oromo Ethiopian + Somali couplings. A few old heads married to Somali-speaking Oromo women is all I have ever seen. Eritrean/habesha-Somali seems like such a weird and random coupling to me when it really shouldnt.

Last edited:

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
My mom wants me to marry a Isaaq woman, i think she wants me to follow the same tactics my dad used on her :dead:

Trending

Latest posts