Deadbeat fathers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
This is a ongoing issue in the Somali community Fathers who have neglected their wife/kids and walked out on them

I know a handful like one father who left 9 daughters in the UK came to Sweden and got married twice and than went back and married a 18 year old

And one whose got 15 kids across 6 women the oldest daughter she works as a bartender and has changed her last name cause she don’t want any ties with her father

And one who got married at 17 instead of looking for work hanged with friends and came home late at night divorced the wife cause she kept nagging him about buying food for the baby

There’s many more like this

nobody should be offended by this thread all I’m saying is deadbeat fathers are a disgrace and we shouldn’t condone such behavior in the Somali community

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
It's a major issue to the point that if you see a Somali father taking his kids to dugsi and tuition he's considered a stand up man when that's just parenting.

What you don't hear about is the hundreds of cases in which the man is handed a restraint order and threatened with arrest even if he goes anywhere near his children due to the these selfish women.

It's easy to blame the father and feel sympathetic to the single mother when in many cases she is a devil. But there are many shades of grey.

Bohol

VIP
What you don't hear about is the hundreds of cases in which the man is handed a restraint order and threatened with arrest even if he goes anywhere near his children due to the these selfish women.

It's easy to blame the father and feel sympathetic to the single mother when in many cases she is a devil. But there are many shades of grey.

Yep happens a lot.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

That happens more in cadaan families than Somali ones Somali mothers don’t even file for child support cause they don’t expect it

Gambar

VIP

Stop making excuses for them.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
I know many wallahi. Forget this gender war thing but I know MANY and nobody can tell me it doesn't happen in the Somali community.

Even one of my own uncle is affected by this mess. He can't go see his kids, he works hard and always pays for child support and sometimes you'll see the mother abusing the money for her selfish needs.

If the Somali diaspora community is going to move forward then let's stop demonizing Somali fathers and accept some faults from Somali mothers too.

My own cousin got finally divorced a while back. His now ex-wife explicitly stated that if they parted, she doesn't want him 'half-way' in her baby's life. Staying married wasn't an option either because the marriage was both personally and professionally crippling (location). Both families were up in arms about the divorce, a lot coaxing and harrassing from family. But the boy made it out after all the fake concern, living well up north. Though I'll admit bro was shockingly unexpressive and blunt during the whole thing. Everyone including my own parents seem to leave that out that she wasn't interested in co-parenting. A lot of Somali marriages shouldn't have happened in the first place. But f*ck it, shit happens and divorce exists for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts