Dating Sim (Otome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do something you aren't commited to for the purpose of satisfying the desires of others?
You're lost wallahi. Don't ever forget we're muslims and we were brought to this world for the sole purpose of worshipping Allah swt. If you don't please Allah then idk what you'll please:ohno:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You're lost wallahi. Don't ever forget we're muslims and we were brought to this world for the sole purpose of worshipping Allah swt. If you don't please Allah then idk what you'll please:ohno:

:gaasdrink: Why do you care what a useless non-hijabi does? I won't change a habit over night that I practiced all my life. So I urge you to pray for me if you are among those truly concerned parties.

Intrinsic motivation implies it comes from the individual. Many people do things not simply to please Allah but to satiate the desires of their society. Their intention is misplaced if you ask me, as their practices would change if their people made a collective shift. Kind of like how it used to be uncommon for a Somali girl to wear a head cover until she got married (a custom in pre-civil war Somalia). You would have been hard pressed to find those that did this before the War (as they were rare). Perhaps, their ignorance of faith was the issue. However, my point stands. Many do for others, rather than for something greater than themselves. Hence why you see types that wear it and take it off (due to some inner crisis of sorts).

And I prefer the latter - all or nothing.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Why do you care what a useless non-hijabi does? I won't change a habit over night that I practiced all my life. So I urge you to pray for me if you are among those truly concerned parties.
Wallahi you're lost you're speaking like the pagan arabs when they said "We will follow only what we found our forefathers practicing." May Allah guide you man.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:manny: You're point is moot as Somalis were Muslims then and now. You made a misattribution with your idol worshipping Arab comparison. And you assumed. I did not affirm what was practiced by the old generation. I used it to illustrate shifts in views resulting in societal shift in practices. The group is a powerful force for change.

Let me emphasize my central point, doing something for yourself is more powerful a motivator than doing it to appease others. Which in case you haven't noticed is the very reason these girls take it off. They do so to appease their parents (rather than solely for their Deen) but come to a conflict of self, as they are socially rewarded in the west for not wearing it.

I have had no such dilemma because as I've said I do things completely or not at all. No half-stepping. If you must know my upbringing was quite different as it was not parentally mandated. My mother started wearing it quite late in the game and of her own volition (not because the other islaamos did). That should give you some context. Everyone's journey is different. You can't force it. Thank you for the prayers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending