Cushites have their own lactase persistence genes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Apparently, only E3b is Cushitic. While T1a is some kind of mysterious foreign haplogroup of unknown origin. :yloezpe:

I have always said that T1a is one of the Cushitic lineages. It is found in South Cushites all the time.

PS. Haplogroups are boring. The real interesting stuff is with autosomal dna.

Edit: Oh lol, this is about Grant.

C'mon Amun. He thinks Somalis that are T1a aren't Cushitic. Can he be taken seriously?:drakekidding:

Apparently, only E3b is Cushitic. While T1a is some kind of mysterious foreign haplogroup of unknown origin. :yloezpe:

What does he think we are? We look exactly like the others.

:wtfdis:

Why y'all ganging up on the Octogenarian?

It has not yet been established if the Haplogroup T subclade we belong to is similar to the one present among other Cushites. Shit ain't clear cut yet. What y'all gonna do if it is discovered that we are paternally descended from Eurasians that entered Africa centuries after the formation of the Lowland Eastern Cushites? Or that our closest paternal relatives are across the Red Sea or the Indian Ocean? It ain't gonna make a blind bit of difference coz we are Somali, and no one can take that away from us. That's all that matters; Somali Banu Nahay!

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:wtfdis:

Why y'all ganging up on the Octogenarian?

It has not yet been established if the Haplogroup T subclade we belong to is similar to the one present among other Cushites. Shit ain't clear cut yet. What y'all gonna do if it is discovered that we are paternally descended from Eurasians that entered Africa centuries after the formation of the Lowland Eastern Cushites? Or that our closest paternal relatives are across the Red Sea or the Indian Ocean? It ain't gonna make a blind bit of difference coz we are Somali, and no one can take that away from us. That's all that matters; Somali Banu Nahay!

Grant is a veteran from somnet. We've built rapport and he doesn't mind the difference of opinion. Why are you offended? :gucciwhat:
Like Amun suggested autosomal DNA matters more.

Grant is a veteran from somnet. We've built rapport and he doesn't mind the difference of opinion. Why are you offended? :gucciwhat:
Like Amun suggested autosomal DNA matters more.

I have had my differences with Grant as evinced by a couple of threads in the History section, but the assertion that he constantly makes about the Somali Haplogroup T not necessarily being a Cushitic paternal genetic marker cannot be promptly dismissed as the ideas of a senile old man.

I don't think it is fair for us to laugh off his claims without presenting solid scientific evidence.

Grant, Noolow!

Apollo

VIP
I have had my differences with Grant as evinced by a couple of threads in the History section, but the assertion that he constantly makes about the Somali Haplogroup T not necessarily being a Cushitic paternal genetic marker cannot be promptly dismissed as the ideas of a senile old man.

I don't think it is fair for us to laugh off his claims without presenting solid scientific evidence.

Grant, Noolow!

It's dismissed at this point.

Hap T1a in Somalis being of recent non-Cushitic origin is like climate change denial, fringe ideas.

It's dismissed at this point.

Hap T1a in Somalis being of recent non-Cushitic origin is like climate science denial.

We had this debate on somnet, I can post the link. We came to the conclusion that further subclade testing is required to determine whether the subclade found among Somalis such as myself is present among the Iraqw, for instance.

If you got any new data, hit me with it.

Moreover, I never argued it was recent. I have consistently stated that it is millennia old, but not necessarily as old as the formation of the Lowland Eastern Cushites as hypothesised by Ehret.

Just like those clowns who claimed that D in Japan was from Africa or E in the Balkans/Greece was recently from Egypt. Exposed as fake.

Like I said, hit me up cuz when you get data. I just seek the truth, and I don't see it in your unfounded theories.

Apollo

VIP
Like I said, hit me up cuz when you get data. I just seek the truth, and I don't see it in your unfounded theories.

If it were of non-Cushite origins you'd find other y-lineages along with it and collaborating mtDNA and autosomal evidence. You don't find either. All you see is smidgens of genetic drift/founder effect and the lineage being all over the place, even in groups who were isolated for thousands of years.

T1a is even found in Uganda in Bantus who replaced the Cushites there.

Apollo

VIP
I thought T1a Somalis were in the region before E-V32 Somalis

They came around the same time.

Also, some other E1b1b1-(non-V32), J1-(non-Arabian), and A3b-(non-Nilotic) came in, but the last two were wiped out due to genetic drift.

If it were of non-Cushite origins you'd find other y-lineages along with it and collaborating mtDNA and autosomal evidence. You don't find either. All you see is smidgens of genetic drift/founder effect and the lineage being all over the place, even in groups who were isolated for thousands of years.

T1a is even found in Uganda in Bantus who replaced the Cushites there.

this is a repeat of that debate we had on Somnet, and you know how that ended. It ain't about T1a because you are perfectly aware that it did not arrive in Africa in one migratory event. I am looking at subclades and TMRCA's to get a clearer picture. We don't have that at the moment.

Furthermore, despite what you may think, I am not angling for a particular point of origin, I just seek the truth to satisfy my own curiosity.

Apollo

VIP
Furthermore, despite what you make think, I am not angling for a particular point of origin, I just seek the truth to satisfy my own curiosity.

Nope, you don't. You seem to be one those T special snowflakes who think they have an exotic Asian lineage, newsflash, your lineage has been in Somalia for thousands of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts