Cure for infertility

I could barely load sspot with the first internet I used in Somalia. It got better when I would put it directly on the phone but shit was expensive low data:francis:
I might as well forget it then but I'll make sure to get pics/videos of my journey there lol I'm only there for a week before I get back to work. I'll see whether I can do the following in a week:

Learn to milk a camel
Go to the beach liido
Go darusalaam
Go to jaziira
And come on discord :mjlol:

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
@Degmada waaberi

From what i can tell it seems too good to be true and most importantly it poses serious health risks just like in the case of animal cloning . Trying to circumvent natural reproduction cycle will always have unforeseeable risks that will eventually give rise to more problems that any possible advantage of such methods.

Waa sheeko ruunti i mean how were they able to create sperm cells from female skin cells when females lack the Y chromosome? something does not add up. Islamically it would still be haram as reproduction is only allowed in the case of individuals who are legally married to each other.

I have yet to read up about this procedure but I think that the offspring could only be female if the skin cells were obtained from a female.

Normally sperm has the SRY gene on its Y chromosome and this gene is what causes the embryo to develop into a male. So even if it was possible to reverse engineer and differentiate cells from females into sperm, the offspring would end up being female.

And even if you managed to somehow insert the SRY gene into one of the X chromosomes, the offspring would basically have XX male syndrome. The child could end up having normal internal and external genitalia or they could have genital abnormalities and/or subfertility.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
I have yet to read up about this procedure but I think that the offspring could only be female if the skin cells were obtained from a female.

Normally sperm has the SRY gene on its Y chromosome and this gene is what causes the embryo to develop into a male. So even if it was possible to reverse engineer and differentiate cells from females into sperm, the offspring would end up being female.

And even if you managed to somehow insert the SRY gene into one of the X chromosomes, the offspring would basically have XX male syndrome. The child could end up having normal internal and external genitalia or they could have genital abnormalities and/or subfertility.

If i'm not mistaken the procedure involved changing the skin cells obtained from the female mice into stem cell and then into gamete cells, so i was questioning how they managed to do this without male cells ?

Out of all the their attempts they were only successful once and even then the mice had complications, imagine testing it on humans how many will they have to terminate due to complications/abnormalities ? how many fetuses ? there's a dark side to this sort of "tests/procedures" that isn't publicised

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
If i'm not mistaken the procedure involved changing the skin cells obtained from the female mice into stem cell and then into gamete cells, so i was questioning how they managed to do this without male cells ?

Out of all the their attempts they were only successful once and even then the mice had complications, imagine testing it on humans how many will they have to terminate due to complications/abnormalities ? how many fetuses ? there's a dark side to this sort of "tests/procedures" that isn't publicised
Where’s the study showing that one success, I can’t seem to find it myself.
With these sorts of things, it’s hard to tell what will happen in humans. Fertilisation is a very delicate process and one mistake could cause termination of the embryo or birth defects.
I don’t think they’d hide any negative results they see, you’d probably see it in the results and discussion sections of the research paper.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
Where’s the study showing that one success, I can’t seem to find it myself.
With these sorts of things, it’s hard to tell what will happen in humans. Fertilisation is a very delicate process and one mistake could cause termination of the embryo or birth defects.
I don’t think they’d hide any negative results they see, you’d probably see it in the results and discussion sections of the research paper.

I was referring to the mice experiment and not human trials, just have a look at the source op provided alternatively you could google up "in vitro gametogenesis mice experiment" and have a read on some of the articles from the result. I found the following one to be quite informative

In vitro gametogenesis: just another way to have a baby?

No sxb not cloning. Take the example of a gay couple (women) one partner's skin, liver or muscul cell can be turned into sperm cell using the process called vitrogametogenesis (IVG) and that sperm can be used to fertilise the other female's eggs and boom they have a baby without a man
:dead:
Cant we just nut in a cup. Why do they gotta get a piece of my liver or muscles

Trending