Criminalizing Somali boys

Where did I mention refugees? I'm talking about first gen Somalis. Most grew up spoiled, had little responsibility/accountability and ample freedom. If you disagree, then you're simply delusional.
Most Somali grow up in poverty the boys have a lot of freedom at a young age and that has grave consequences

Where did I mention refugees? I'm talking about first gen Somalis. Most grew up spoiled, had little responsibility/accountability and ample freedom. If you disagree, then you're simply delusional.
Explain your points in more detail and let's see if it fits to at least the majority of somali males

Most Somali grow up in poverty the boys have a lot of freedom at a young age and that has grave consequences

So did the girls and they turned out fine.
Explain your points in more detail and let's see if it fits to at least the majority of somali males
The narrative here is that Somali boys have struggled and went through rafaad. How? Most had everything at their fingertips, never had to do chores, had little expectations. If Somali boys failed, its because they were given way too much freedom, and had little responsibility. But to say that they went through immense hardship, or have had a tough life similar to AA's is an excuse that I'm not buying.

The narrative here is that Somali boys have struggled and went through rafaad. How? Most had everything at their fingertips, never had to do chores, had little expectations. If Somali boys failed, its because they were given way too much freedom, and had little responsibility. But to say that they went through immense hardship, or have had a tough life similar to AA's is an excuse that I'm not buying.
Now let's wait a minute here, sounds to me here that you think its like us going though some kunta kinte shit because that is not the case, and i assume that would be what you females would have in mind, the original tweet was plain simple, that there is pressure of manhood in society, and to be quite honest it is prevalent in essentially all men, not only somali ones, in particular it includes what others perceive as masculinity, easily peer pressures by typically other men themselves into engaging on a violent path which would include gang life which i hear personally is very hard to get out of, also the stereotypes of all of us, particularly in the west is like that is definitely a bad rep that I personally would like to see gone

Why can’t Somali men have a tough life ? Somali boys get murdered all the time and there is a lack of fathers in the community

Why can’t Somali men have a tough life ? Somali boys get murdered all the time and there is a lack of fathers in the community
Dead beat low life dads that leave their children for some other woman in somalia sucks ass too, i have a friend and his family is the only one with a dad present, where the f*ck are these dads? We need to figure out underlying causes and solutions to this, responsibility matters, responsible dads steer their sons away from things such as gang shit, and also talk to their sons about issues the mothers would be oblivious about, mothers cannot do things alone and plenty of the kids turn out fine regardless however a good majority of the ones that have experienced terrible situations have a high likelihood of not having their fathers around, either that or neglecting parents

Reborn
I'm shocked to have read all those quotes dismissing her points and mocking her for it.Truly we are doomed if these people can't see the bigger picture for when it comes to crime and somali boys.The only way to address this other than tackling poverty and education is through by giving support and community love to these kids!

All I see on twitter are big babies crying but doing no action to help the community.I've been volunteering for a while as an out reach officer of a youth club and the one common denominator for our youth is lack of support and guidance.Until we work on that expect our community to continue deteriorating.

Btw why cant I edit my message?
I went through her page and I don't think she was being genuine with her tweet. I've noticed that girl just says things to get a reaction.
Just because we're refugees doesn't mean we have the get involved in gangs. We're over represented in gangs in the UK to the point where people use Somali lingo in their drill songs .

Btw why cant I edit my message?
I went through her page and I don't think she was being genuine with her tweet. I've noticed that girl just says things to get a reaction.
Just because we're refugees doesn't mean we have the get involved in gangs. We're over represented in gangs in the UK to the point where people use Somali lingo in their drill songs .
Things gotta change asap but the people saying Somalis don’t have struggles are delusional

This is way more simple than you guys think.

Somali girls nowadays resent their gender roles and the fact that Somali guys don’t have to share these responsibilities with them so they cope by creating the false narrative that it’s easy to live as a young Somali man, so yeah all this is because they had to help cook bariis every once in a while.

‘So did the girls’ kulaha, have some shame cuz Somali girls are not being shot dead in the street because of what neighborhood they live in, they’re not doing life behind bars for crimes they didn’t commit, they don’t get shot by the police, iska amuus.

Things gotta change asap but the people saying Somalis don’t have struggles are delusional
We face issues just like all black migrants in the west however our ciyaal suuq conduct no way justifies out struggles. The fact that we are refugees should make us hungrier for success compared to economic migrants

I won't lie , this all stems from Somali dads . Some have failed their children enormously

Reborn

Next year there will be a nationwide census in the UK in which Somali's will have their own box.We will be EXPOSED as the lowest standards and people will be wondering why?

Is it the fact Somalis are punished twice by racism and Islamophobia?
Refugee status?
Low English literacy rates?
High single household rates?

It's all those factors put together which as result impacts the YOUTH that we see today.
There are many imperial studies that show immigrant men/boys are significantly much more effected than the female counterparts.This is what we see today within our community..

I'm shocked to have read all those quotes dismissing her points and mocking her for it.Truly we are doomed if these people can't see the bigger picture for when it comes to crime and somali boys.The only way to address this other than tackling poverty and education is through by giving support and community love to these kids!

All I see on twitter are big babies crying but doing no action to help the community.I've been volunteering for a while as an out reach officer of a youth club and the one common denominator for our youth is lack of support and guidance.Until we work on that expect our community to continue deteriorating.
We truly need more youth initiatives to steer our youth from engaging in crimes, we need leadership from role model somalis from across the board, steer them into pursuing education and helping them find a career in life, while also trying to help those already in gangs get out and become an active member of their society

damn shes getting dragged by the blm/acab she/her community, i noticed women on twitter are very harsh towards each other when they think someone is being a pick me.

Reborn
We truly need more youth initiatives to steer our youth from engaging in crimes, we need leadership from role model somalis from across the board, steer them into pursuing education and helping them find a career in life, while also trying to help those already in gangs get out and become an active member of their society

One solution I propose would be to establish grassroots youth organisation in each city/borough. That host weekly sporting events and annual monthly events like knife crime workshops and career fairs. To make this is a success you have to involve key stakeholders within this group like the Masjid that can host some of this and the local council authority to provide the funding as it's in their best interest!

Alluring

Sayonara
Anyways, I agree with both tweets to an extent.

The first is right somewhat, in that we need to provide better for our boys. Fact is, they need a father figure to guide them through life, ghetto rap music has replaced fathers en masse for many somali boys. A lot of them look up to peers who may be negative influences on them. Mental health must also be prioritized overall in our community for everyone.

I agree with the second tweet to an extent, in that yes many somali boys are babied. By "babied", I mean they are not given expectations or roles. Somali girls can complain about raising kids and cooking but that keeps them occupied, away from the drugs and gang life. We need to hold somali boys on the same leash we hold somali girls, parenting them just as strict will go a long way. I also have an issue with "men" who drink/smoke/do drugs/murder/steal when many grew up in the comfort of hooya's household. It's a mix of bad parenting and lack of responsibility that is a huge factor.

Trending