Criminalizing Somali boys

One solution I propose would be to establish grassroots youth organisation in each city/borough. That host weekly sporting events and annual monthly events like knife crime workshops and career fairs. To make this is a success you have to involve key stakeholders within this group like the Masjid that can host some of this and the local council authority to provide the funding as it's in their best interest!
I'm loving the solutions you bring forth, i too usually get pissed when people complain about issues all day and doesn't engage in solutions (though it is easier talking about a problem then talking about fixing it, i bet i do it too sometimes)

I agree with the second girl. Tell me, what hardship did Somali guys endure? They have the world at their fingertips. Hooyo does everything and they’re spoiled.

I 100% agree with you.

Although blasting your people on twitter isn't cute or needed. I agree with her sentiment.

The girls are cooking and cleaning, helping hooyo and providing. Yet some of our boys struggle with the one thing expected of them despite being treated like a king at home.

Anyways, I must say things are improving though.

Anyways, I agree with both tweets to an extent.

The first is right somewhat, in that we need to provide better for our boys. Fact is, they need a father figure to guide them through life, ghetto rap music has replaced fathers en masse for many somali boys. A lot of them look up to peers who may be negative influences on them. Mental health must also be prioritized overall in our community for everyone.

I agree with the second tweet to an extent, in that yes many somali boys are babied. By "babied", I mean they are not given expectations or roles. Somali girls can complain about raising kids and cooking but that keeps them occupied, away from the drugs and gang life. We need to hold somali boys on the same leash we hold somali girls, parenting them just as strict will go a long way. I also have an issue with "men" who drink/smoke/do drugs/murder/steal when many grew up in the comfort of hooya's household. It's a mix of bad parenting and lack of responsibility that is a huge factor.
Oh the parents should definitely keep a better eye on their sons and know where they are going to guide them away from a path they might in the future regret embarking on, talking to them as well goes a long way as well in terms of providing them knowledge of real world situations

I 100% agree with you.

Although blasting your people on twitter isn't cute or needed. I agree with her sentiment.

The girls are cooking and cleaning, helping hooyo and providing. Yet some of our boys struggle with the one thing expected of them despite being treated like a king at home.

Can’t take serious ? Unless your going to say Somalis have a criminal gene then environments play a huge factor.

Reborn
I'm loving the solutions you bring forth, i too usually get pissed when people complain about issues all day and doesn't engage in solutions (though it is easier talking about a problem then talking about fixing it, i bet i do it too sometimes)

The thing is there are charities that do exist but were set up by our parents generation.However, we need the young professionals that have made it to step up and give back to the community!

We've got 100's of so called FGM activists in the UK yet the cases isn't as significant thanks to their work ( mainly went down to a cultural shift from living in Europe).How many youth activists do you know that tackles crime and employability?

Not many....

Alluring

Sayonara
Oh the parents should definitely keep a better eye on their sons and know where they are going to guide them away from a path they might in the future regret embarking on, talking to them as well goes a long way as well in terms of providing them knowledge of real world situations
100%, parenting is the single biggest influence on a child's life. Subpar parenting can lead young boys down a terrible path. They need activities, youth groups, islamic sessions, and tutoring if they lack education-wise. It is not enough to feed them and send them off.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Its dumb anytime a girl has an opinion on Twitter "the pick me" title is quickly thrown in to silence her.

I 100% agree with you.

These guys on here are butthurt because the truth hurts.

This is way more simple than you guys think.

Somali girls nowadays resent their gender roles and the fact that Somali guys don’t have to share these responsibilities with them so they cope by creating the false narrative that it’s easy to live as a young Somali man, so yeah all this is because they had to help cook bariis every once in a while.

‘So did the girls’ kulaha, have some shame cuz Somali girls are not being shot dead in the street because of what neighborhood they live in, they’re not doing life behind bars for crimes they didn’t commit, they don’t get shot by the police, iska amuus.

That's because we're not involved in crime. Tell me once again, what hardships did you boys endure that made you guys degenerates (not all, but most of you)? You had it easy and still didn't amount to much. Lets be real here. Beenta iska dhafa.

Just went through the quotes, seems like a lot of somali men disagree with her?
Of course they do. They don't want to face the truth. Let them live in their fantasy world. Like you mentioned, its a multitude of things that got them messed up, but "hardships" iyo "struggles" ain't it. Alot just see the media and want to emulate that lifestyle.

Of course they do. They don't want to face the truth. Let them live in their fantasy world. Like you mentioned, its a multitude of things that got them messed up, but "hardships" iyo "struggles" ain't it. Alot just see the media and want to emulate that lifestyle.
Lack of fathers ? Tell me that’s not a thing btw them not agreeing with the original post means they are saying what your saying

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
She can't generalise all somali guys.
For example my brother's , especially my older brother is a HARD WORKER pretty much my second dad.

Alluring

Sayonara
She can't generalise all somali guys.
For example my brother's , especially my older brother is a HARD WORKER pretty much my second dad.
True, my older brother worked several part-time jobs through college, guided by my dad. These boys need a father figure to guide them through life.

Can’t take serious ? Unless your going to say Somalis have a criminal gene then environments play a huge factor.

Although living in low income areas is definitely a huge reason as to why Somali boys succumb to the criminal lifestyle. I also believe a lot of it is due to many being from single parent/mentally absent father households without any real father figures to not only discipline them but to also teach them a sense of duty and responsibility.

Son's generally have always been the apple of their mother's eyes. Nothing wrong with that. But I can't help but feel that some Somali boys are not getting a healthy balance. In most functional households, whilst the hooyo often does pamper her sons, the father is usually the opposite and instills a sense of responsibility and obligation.

I don’t understand how people from the opposite gender can tell me if I struggled or not I lost over 10 friends to murder and been shot at myself. Grew up in a very low income neighborhood but I was blessed to have a good father that helped me from succumbing to my environment

Plenty of men grow up without a dad and turn out fine. Next....

None of you have a rebuttal to what I and other halimos are saying, so move on.
You gotta be kidding people with no fathers and no parental supervision with 8 siblings do not turn out “fine”. They become a victim to the streets statistics support that. There is literally so much chaos in the Somali community in every diaspora so something is going very wrong

Plenty of men grow up without a dad and turn out fine. Next....

None of you have a rebuttal to what I and other halimos are saying, so move on.
Seems like your partner in crime @Angelina disagrees with you ma'am, is it possible for them to end up fine? Sure it is, is it much less likely, you're damn right it is. Some people here underestimate the role a father plays in a persons life, with a father absent they are more likely to end up in poverty or drop out of school, become addicted to drugs, have a child out of wedlock, or end up in prison, why is it? Well it's because the quality of the father and his children relationship matters, fathers can have positive effects on children’s social and emotional wellbeing, as well as academic achievement and behavioral adjustment, and this has obviously mean that the father takes his role seriously

Although living in low income areas is definitely a huge reason as to why Somali boys succumb to the criminal lifestyle. I also believe a lot of it is due to many being from single parent/mentally absent father households without any real father figures to not only discipline them but to also teach them a sense of duty and responsibility.

Son's generally have always been the apple of their mother's eyes. Nothing wrong with that. But I can't help but feel that some Somali boys are not getting a healthy balance. In most functional households, whilst the hooyo often does pamper her sons, the father is usually the opposite and instills a sense of responsibility and obligation.
I definitely see that in the real world

Trending