Continents Redrawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
Sure. :siilaanyosmile:

If you think about it. You are the one living in the bubble, holding the same conservative old views that have dictated everything in the past. People are trying to come up with better solutions, and you present those archaic views as something valid and fresh. Get out of here, man.
His views arent conservative by any measure. They are straight up fringe views. It's like when young earth creationist bring up fringe data as evidence for their claim. I'm sure you would consider me qabilist and I dont share any of his views in this regard.

Sudanese are closer to North Africans in terms of culture, language etc all they share with Sub Saharan Africans is skin color. Excluding the few non-arabized tribes.

Apollo

VIP
Sudanese are closer to North Africans in terms of culture, language etc all they share with Sub Saharan Africans is skin color. Excluding the few non-arabized tribes.

Somalis are culturally pretty much the same as the North Sudanese, except for not speaking Arabic, even though Af-Somali is like ~30% straight up Arabic in loanwords.

Somalis are culturally pretty much the same as the North Sudanese, except for not speaking Arabic, even though Af-Somali is like ~30% straight up Arabic in loanwords.
Somalis still have retained some indigenous culture, whilst Sudanese culture and even food is the same as arabs.

Apollo

VIP
Somalis still have retained some indigenous culture, whilst Sudanese culture and even food is the same as arabs.

Barely..

The North Sudanese also got pre-Arab cultural traditions, but doubtful it is much more than Somalis.

Somalis are culturally just like the North Sudanese except for retaining an older language.

Apollo

VIP
“Bantu Expansion”?:russ:
Somalis don’t like African cultures and they would never adopt it.

Sub-Saharan Africa will have 4 billion by the end of this century, surely, this will pull Somalia in a more Sub-Saharan African cultural direction. I think they are going to culturally booty clap for Nigerians and the like in the near future. Just my hunch.

Sub-Saharan Africa will have 4 billion by the end of this century, surely, this will pull Somalia in a more Sub-Saharan African cultural direction. I think they are going to culturally booty clap for Nigerians and the like in the near future. Just my hunch.
Somalis will claim lineage from Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemuhwem Osas

“Bantu Expansion”?:russ:
Somalis don’t like African cultures and they would never adopt it.
I think the culture in Somalia is predicated on what the diaspora conveys. Social media will be a significant factor.

Somalia needs institutions that uphold culture and arts. People there absorb other cultures and create little. They are very impressionable because of lack of education, and people generally need necessary knowledge for authentic cohesion.

Nah, it's going to become more Africanized culturally, IMO.
Somalia is easily the most impressionable & most influenced of African countries. Turkish, Nigerian, Egyptian, Indian & Gulf Arab shows, music & other forms of media entertainment all have significant viewership in Somalia.

Whilst the Somali media industry is insignificant.

With the way things are heading, i still think non-Somali media will still have significant influence over Somalia, due to wanting to emulate other countries.

Last edited:

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
Somalia is easily the most impressionable & most influenced of African countries. Turkish, Nigerian, Egyptian, Indian & Gulf Arab shows, music & other forms of media entertainment all have significant viewership in Somalia.

With the way things are heading, i still think non-Somali media will still have significant influence over Somalia, due to wanting to emulate other countries.
I agree with you on some points but Somalis are one of the few ethnicities who are interested in their own media. Check the views Somalis songs get on YouTube and compare that to other ethnicities of the same size. Also don't forget internet isn't widespread in Somalia.

I agree with you on some points but Somalis are one of the few ethnicities who are interested in their own media. Check the views Somalis songs get on YouTube and compare that to other ethnicities of the same size. Also don't forget internet isn't widespread in Somalia.
We should invest in Somali shows and stuff like that instead our children are watching Arabic Turkish and hindi shows

Right, its not that they want to emulate anyone else but bc its not available in Somali to the same standards. Turkish soaps and Bollywood are literally popular everywhere, its not a Somali thing. Stop assuming the worst always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending