Continents Redrawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
You guys need to stop using the Horn of Africa as the term when only Somali lands are in the Horn of Africa, Sudan is very far from it, the only Ethiopian part in the horn is Ogaden, if they were to lose it they wouldn’t be part of the horn either
View attachment 73272
Only the part in blue is geographically the horn, these non Somalis need to stop using our terms
who cares if somalia is part of africa the horn or the arab league their just neo geographical term, somalia ethiopia eritrea is included in the horn due to history ie ifat solomonic wars adal invasion imam gragn invasions harar, dire dawa,shared food cangero or injeera etc shared culture also shared linuistical languages genetics etc all this unites the three horn coutnries
doesnt matter which group inhabits the most
600px-Horn_of_Africa.png

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP
who cares if somalia is part of africa the horn or the arab league their just neo geographical term, somalia ethiopia eritrea is included in the horn due to history ie ifat solomonic wars adal invasion imam gragn invasions harar, dire dawa,shared food cangero or injeera etc shared culture also shared linuistical languages genetics etc all this unites the three horn coutnries
doesnt matter which group inhabits the most
600px-Horn_of_Africa.png
Injeera and canojelo aren’t the same lol, and how are wars shared history, I mean it is technically shared history but shared history of separation, also when the Horn of Africa term was coined it was due to geography so stop the false equivocations:gucciwhat: even in the map you posted Eritrea has nothing to do with a horn but was included and grandfathered into the term for when it was part of ethiopia

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
The only people inhabiting the horn are somalis period. Ethiopia can f*ck of and join sudan with their shit or be called east africa. If it turns out that the habashi highlands are technically in the horn no problem we wil simply concure it.

Relevant joke:

Really goes to show the arbitrary nature of many "borders"...

For example, if Modern-day Turkey remained Christian & was still culturally connected to their Anatolian/Lydian Forefathers by speaking their Anatolian language or stayed culturally Hellenised and continued to speak Greek then they'd have been considered a part of Europe by mainstream society lol.

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP
The only people inhabiting the horn are somalis period. Ethiopia can f*ck of and join sudan with their shit or be called east africa. If it turns out that the habashi highlands are technically in the horn no problem we wil simply concure it.
How are habesha highlands geographically part of a horn
upload_2019-5-31_11-44-51.jpeg

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
Very true. However, there are many Muslim countries that have retained their native cultural identity, such as Turkey, Malaysia, Iran to name a few.
Another thing is Arab culture is forced in these regions through politics. When Arabic was made an official language in Somalia, the average joe could barely grasp basic Arabic. In this short span Arabic went from just a religious Language to villa Somalia writing official statements in arabic as of 2019.

Another thing is Arab culture is forced in these regions through politics. When Arabic was made an official language in Somalia, the average joe could barely grasp basic Arabic. In this short span Arabic went from just a religious Language to villa Somalia writing official statements in arabic as of 2019.
The prospect of Somalia going down the same path as Sudan or Egypt is very real unfortunately.

Cultural Arabisation has led to many native cultures going 6ft under the ground.

Last edited:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
i can understand just know that israel is still conciderd part of the middle east, and arabs even conider them as fellow brothers becosue of the ibrahim story
even though Israel is killing Palestinians and bombing gaza
54a4196569bedd22137d04ad-750-468.jpg

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP
i can understand just know that israel is still conciderd part of the middle east, and arabs even condier them as fellow brothers becosue of the ibrahim story even though sirael is killing palestinians and bomibing gaza
54a4196569bedd22137d04ad-750-468.jpg
Well we don’t consider Habeshas as part of the horn(geographically) and our brothers because they are no kin to me,very different situations

Apollo

VIP
Well we don’t consider Habeshas as part of the horn(geographically) and our brothers because they are no kin to me,very different situations

That's your opinion, you don't speak for all Somalis, most normal Somalis are aware of the racial ties between Somalis and Ethiopians. Only a politically motivated hater would deny it.

Tukraq

VIP
That's your opinion, you don't speak for all Somalis, most normal Somalis are aware of the racial ties between Somalis and Ethiopians. Only a politically motivated hater would deny it.
Maybe in your experience I’ve never seen a Somali that thinks we’re anyway related outside of online but maybe it’s because I live in a large Somali habeshas diaspora area

Apollo

VIP
Maybe in your experience I’ve never seen a Somali that thinks we’re anyway related outside of online but maybe it’s because I live in a large Somali habeshas diaspora area

Bullshit, I have met a gazillion of Eritreans in Europe who likewise acknowledge the connection. And these are even more ''Semitic'' than Ethiopian Habeshas.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
i live in a large somali habesha area, the somali shops and habesha are aligned together infact in one street you will find somali Internet cafe a Eritrean restaurant , and an ethiopian barber shop all in one street with somalis and ethiopians frequenting, we have a very close connection with each other

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
Somalis and eritrians in my town both share a mutual feeling of closeness which transcends color skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending