Marry for convenience?

• Yes

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 74.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't be mean I've not told anyone before. I just wanna get it off my chest but I would still really appreciate whatever advice. So...

I'm 24(F) living with my family. I've never been interested in boys much when I was younger and I've always been single. When I was 19, I had a crush. And it was on another GIRL. I didn't even realise what was going on until it happened again when I was 20...on another girl.
Last year, I met a someone (I won't torture you with the details). I convinced myself it was nothing and I'd get over it quick. It's been 8months (the longest so far) and I still can't look her in the eye - it is that intense. I had to stop going to the places I would expect to see her. You might think I'm ciyaalsuuq but I'm far from it. I pray 5 times a day, I wear full hijab, I very rarely lie or backbite, I've memorised the Qur'an and I attend islamic lectures regularly. Bear in mind I've never acted on these feelings and never did anything to encourage it. In fact, I've slowly drifted away from friends for this reason over the years... because I was afraid they'd see what I'm like.
Years ago, my father brought up the topic of marriage and we agreed to leave it until I graduated. Now, it has been a while since I graduated and my parents are asking questions. They tried to set me up with the son of a family friend and we went on a 'date'. Omg it was awful! He ticked every box but all I could think about was when I could leave. Recently, my friends set me up with a drop dead gorgeous guy and it's the same thing -I just couldn't connect with him on an emotional level. I got so excited that I'm like a normal girl for once going on a date but the minute he opened his mouth, I was like nope. And the thought of marriage to a guy... for the rest of my life is so scary to me. Like a prison. I'm certain it will end in divorce. Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that I have so many shitty men in my family... I don't know. Anyway, I almost ended up agreeing to marry that son of the family friend for the sake of my family and this 'situation' but then I stopped myself after praying istikhara because it wasn't fair on him. And I know I'd be miserable in a marriage but my family won't leave me alone. They're gossipping about me already smh.
O&L
You need to get married ASAP! ignore this feelings suppress it so it does not exist anymore make dua to allah and pray to him.
Get married to a mujaheed quickly.

So you’ve only spoken to two guys?
Why don’t you be a bit more optimistic and try speaking to more.. you never know you might find the perfect girly Somali guy :ulyin: there are loads out there With the body to match!!:siilaanyolaugh:

And don’t marry someone you don’t like just for the sake of it, just my 2cents..
Thank you walaal. I have quite alot of males trying to get my interest but none interest me so far (not tryna be conceited). Since you seem to be so understanding... in future, do you think I should be upront about this to a guy if it gets serious between us?

GeelJirito

Qram Qram Jaw
walaal, you need to realize that you're a lesbian. there's nothing wrong with that. so stop suppressing it, and live the life you were meant to live!:fittytousand:

if you marry a guy you don't love you'll be miserable

:gucciwhat: that is just wrong, are you one of them gaalo geeljire

If you're living your life just to please others you might aswell be dead. Living a lie will just bring you misery.

Thank you walaal. I have quite alot of males trying to get my interest but none interest me so far (not tryna be conceited). Since you seem to be so understanding... in future, do you think I should be upront about this to a guy if it gets serious between us?

Yes. Why not? If you’re not feeling it just end it. I guess people are sensitive nowadays but it’s better than being dragged on and wasting more time imo.
I am curious though what about about females is it do you find more appealing than males? Do you think you are a lesbian or bisexual?
I hope everything goes smoothly for you sis iA.

Status
Not open for further replies.