Coding is difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muji

VIP
you should try the MOOCs online courses, there is a really good CS course from MIT i think, i did like a week of it, before i got bored tbh ahaha! but i wanna learn to code ! does anyone have any good resorces.

Depends what you wanna learn

you should try the MOOCs online courses, there is a really good CS course from MIT i think, i did like a week of it, before i got bored tbh ahaha! but i wanna learn to code ! does anyone have any good resorces.

Code will be boring and tedious at first, but I don't reccomend making a career of this if you don't want to become a lifelong learner. This field is not for the faint of heart.

I would reccomend you start with Practical Javascript from WatchandCode. This course might teach you JS but it will also prepare you for a potential career in Software engineering. Finish the course and review it to retain what you have learned.

I would reccomend you also take his premium course as well. Perhaps you can begin CS50 afterwards. CS50 is another course I highly recommend. It's a free course from the world renowned Harvard institution, David Malan is a great instructor. Above all, you need to have a gameplan above all. Scour through this page https://www.reddit.com/r/learnprogramming/comments/6tvjsw/stepbystep_guide_from_beginner_to_worthy_of_a_job/ and look for one you prefer.

My recommendations are the old google dev guide:https://web.archive.org/web/2017070...s/guide-to-technical-development.htmlPolygamy

P1xt Frontend guide for web development:https://github.com/P1xt/p1xt-guides/blob/master/job-ready-javascript-edition-2.0.md (You can continue learning many different paths such as Data Science, Advanced Web Development, and Algorithms and Data structures).

It depends on your ambition. Do you want to be employed in the near future, choose p1xt. Continue the old Google dev guide(The new one is extremely confusing) to continue your CS education. I would advise you to go for a CS degree if you want to open more doors for employment.

There is no reason to not be employed in a front end/Full stack position in 3-6 months. For web development, if you acquire skills in HTML, CSS, and Javascript(maybe also Jquery, takes a week to learn), apply to jobs straight away.

Good luck sxb

Last edited:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Interesting. So old school economics is an afterthought now, if you're not technologically sound, you have no chance in the field.

I've heard of a few statisticians/applied mathematicians with coding skills land Data Science jobs, is this common at your work place? Technology is growing at a rapid pace, soon AI will render humans useless.
Exactly. It's the quantitative aspects of economics (like econometrics for example), that gives you the statistical knowledge needed to be a data scientist. If you only cared about trends and understanding the theoretical, then you might be good at forecasting and getting businesses to make rational decisions, but you won't really be all that analytical. At least, that's what I thought when taking economics.

It's easier learning programming in a class/lecture, IMO. Seeing as you're given a structured program vs learning on your own, with textbooks that assume or glance over helpful information.

"Been thinking of developing an app/website for a business."

If you're looking more into front end programming, I'm sure you can get down to an intermediate level within a year. Perhaps you want to be a software engineer, maybe a back end or full-stack developer. Really there's so many options in programming.

Browser around /r/Piracy, scroll to courses/tutorials and torrent the courses you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending