Coding is difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wars

Inhermouth
I’ve been thinking of learning web development and app development.

I’ve studied business.

I can learn fast. I’ve been thinking of learning coding within a year.

Been thinking of developing an app/website for a business.

I might sell it to a Silicon Valley company or seek further funding from a venture capitalist.

Do not listen to people, and get yourself a computer and start coding. Just do it; it’s not as difficult as other might make it seem.

I Started coding two years ago, and got a job as front end developer after 9 months of coding. I mostly dealt with a mix of HTML, CSS, and client-side scripts like JavaScript— and the core elements of python algorithms, data scrapping ect. unfortunately for me the pay was below my asking price of $85k-$100k. I worked at Los Angels based startup at salary of $65k a year and after 11 months I resigned due to other overwhelming non coding ventures that I was involved in.

Although I had no coding nor computer science degree, I was able to get a job fairly quick and I enjoyed doing the work. Once’s you get your foot in the door everything else falls in place.

In a nutshell: you can’t be an expert coder in less than a year but you can fake it until you get a job as a coder and let others help you succeed as a coder.

a lot of resources online like w3schools [free] and udemy courses [paid] and YouTube [free] with teachers who teach in somali language .

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
Are you learning for the sole reason to sell your app or website or do you intend on working as a developer?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I'm trying to climb up and be a data scientist. I'm doing some bootcamp courses that teach you the practical applications of program languages that can be transferred immediately to the real world.

My goal is to first be a data analyst.
In order to do that, I need to know SQL, VBA (for excel), Javascript and HTML5 for handling the websites where I'll be in charge of the database.

Step 2
Teach myself stats all over again from the beginning, until I make it to linear regression analysis. Learn R and Python. Then apply for a senior analyst position while working to the level of a data scientist.

Step 3
Be a data scientist once I got the experience.

Programming isn't hard when you have a goal. When you have a goal on what you want to do with it, you'll choose particular language programs and accomplish what you want.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Do not listen to people, and get yourself a computer and start coding. Just do it; it’s not as difficult as other might make it seem.

I Started coding two years ago, and got a job as front end developer after 9 months of coding. I mostly dealt with a mix of HTML, CSS, and client-side scripts like JavaScript— and the core elements of python algorithms, data scrapping ect. unfortunately for me the pay was below my asking price of $85k-$100k. I worked at Los Angels based startup at salary of $65k a year and after 11 months I resigned due to other overwhelming non coding ventures that I was involved in.

Although I had no coding nor computer science degree, I was able to get a job fairly quick and I enjoyed doing the work. Once’s you get your foot in the door everything else falls in place.

In a nutshell: you can’t be an expert coder in less than a year but you can fake it until you get a job as a coder and let others help you succeed as a coder.
That's pretty much my plan. I'm already working in Amazon's management team, so I'm gonna use my connections to get an internal promotion as a data analyst. After that, it's smooth sailing.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Also, use Udemy. Yeah you're paying, but they'll actually give you shit to work with, projects that will be similar to what you do at work, and teach you in a pace that makes sense to you with challenges to let the lessons stick. I'm dead serious. I'm half way done learning SQL and I started that shit a week ago.

Coding is very difficult that's why IT students prefer networking over programming.

I'm in Networking now, you better learn how to code soon, or you'll become obsolete. At the very least dabble in Python, I use it to automate most of my tasks.

I can relax most of my shift and talk shit on Sspot:obama:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I took an AP computer science course in high school. It was as the second hardest class I took there.only took it to make my dad happy sinc he tried convicng me to get into the tech field.

That programming shit is mad confusing. That class legit made me stay away from programming. That shit was mad difficult.

@Norwegian-Somali if you are really interested there are some programming lessons on khan academy. We used that in my class to do certain assignments.but they have a lot of lessons and can teach you beginner programming stuff. Kids on there have the opportunity to even create basic games on there.

That class showed me basically how computer games were made. I always use to wonder who was creating all those online computer games.

That's pretty much my plan. I'm already working in Amazon's management team, so I'm gonna use my connections to get an internal promotion as a data analyst. After that, it's smooth sailing.

Are you an economics major with a minor in CS? I'm going back to school to finish my CS degree and I might pair it with a BS in Economics. I'm an economics junkie, I read books on Soviet economists and I'm very impressed with Chinese economists as well. Although I have no interest in Data Science. I heard they get paid handsomely, how long is the climb from data analyst to Data scientist?

Last edited:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Are you an economics major with a minor in CS? I'm going back to school to finish my CS degree and I might pair it with a BS in Economics. I'm an economics junkie, I read books on Soviet economists and I'm very impressed with Chinese economists as well. Although I have no interest in Data Science. I heard they get paid handsomely, how long is the climb from data analyst to Data scientist?
Nope, just took economics. Depending on what you want to be, you might need to minor in CS. Since I'm interested in Data Science, my economics degree is enough.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I graduated and am already working.

Nope, just took economics. Depending on what you want to be, you might need to minor in CS. Since I'm interested in Data Science, my economics degree is enough.

Interesting. So old school economics is an afterthought now, if you're not technologically sound, you have no chance in the field.

I've heard of a few statisticians/applied mathematicians with coding skills land Data Science jobs, is this common at your work place? Technology is growing at a rapid pace, soon AI will render humans useless.

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
Are you a software engineer by chance? Or do you specialize in Web development?
Not by accreditation or profession. My skills and portfolio would get me a full stack position but I only do it part time.

If anyone is serious about learning then they should sign up for a nanodegree in Udacity. It's a 6 months course which costs £150 however if you complete the course within a certain period you get a 50% cashback. Udemy is good if you are acquiring specific skills but Udacity covers more, gives you five projects as part of your portfolio and the best support I have seen.

Muji

VIP
Not by accreditation or profession. My skills and portfolio would get me a full stack position but I only do it part time.

If anyone is serious about learning then they should sign up for a nanodegree in Udacity. It's a 6 months course which costs £150 however if you complete the course within a certain period you get a 50% cashback. Udemy is good if you are acquiring specific skills but Udacity covers more, gives you five projects as part of your portfolio and the best support I have seen.

Kaleel which one of their nanodegrees would you recommend for web dev.

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
Kaleel which one of their nanodegrees would you recommend for web dev.
Front-end developer. My friend started in last December and finished May. He's now applying for job positions and getting interviews.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Coding is easy if you're a logical thinker.

I studied business at school and I work as a data analyst for a living.

I am also creating algorithms that could potentially make money from in my spare time

you should try the MOOCs online courses, there is a really good CS course from MIT i think, i did like a week of it, before i got bored tbh ahaha! but i wanna learn to code ! does anyone have any good resorces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending