Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Amhara's feel bitter because they feel tplf annexed lands of theirs,- like welkait and tsegede.
they also feel tplf is the one who fuels anti amhara sentiment and actions elsewhere, like in oromia, so amhara's are out for revenge, and abiy is out to squash the biggest threat to his grip on power, plus a war keeps him in power, so ...
Don't forget the Tigrayans are on their own turf. It might turned out to be a decisive factor in this war.

It looks like international media is paying attention to the conflict.

AbdiGeedi

There is information that the Ethiopian elite commandos tried to parachute in Mekelle to take control of the radar facility but were destroyed by the Tigray army.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
There is information that the Ethiopian elite commandos tried to parachute in Mekelle to take control of the radar facility but were destroyed by the Tigray army.

What’s your take, in terms of Somalia’s preferred outcome. I am thinking a terrorist org like TPLF getting crushed is good for us in the long run.

AbdiGeedi

What’s your take, in terms of Somalia’s preferred outcome. I am thinking a terrorist org like TPLF getting crushed is good for us in the long run.
It depends on how we see our future. Each scenario has its own benefits and drawbacks. But, in my opinion, strong centralized Ethiopia is a bad omen for Somalia. Real Politiks is a real cynical thing in the world now and there is no guarantee that Ethiopia will be our good neighbor. Remember they desperately need the sea access and view Somalia as a prey to be devoured. In terms of the international community, think of the Syrian example. That country is de facto divided into 4 parts while each occupation country is proclaiming its support for the territorial integrity of Syria. Their cynicism is so appalling. The IC is just towing their line. What would prevent strong Ethiopia from doing the same? Habashis are already on record manipulating Somalia. Somaliland discourse is their project.

So, I am rooting for the Tigray Region. I am against strong colonial Ethiopia and frankly don't know how Oromos, Amharas, Tigray and Somali can be one country. These are distinct ethnicities with their own languages and cultures, living in a country that routinely allows masacres based on ethnic background. The hatred must be high among those people.

AbdiGeedi

I think Egypt should internationally highlight Eritrea's involvement in the internal Ethiopian conflict between the federal government and the Tigray region. It will let Egypt step in as a savior and help the Tigray. Once the connection with Egypt has been made, Tigrayans should vote for their independence. Egypt should act fast while there is a havoc with the elections in the US and Trump is still in power till at least January.

That's what I would do if I were the leader of Egypt.

Since Ethiopia doesn't have sophisticated weapons, the military involvement shouldn't be such a burden for Egypt.

Weakened or disintegrated Ethiopia would be preferred by both Egypt and Sudan in the water allocation dispute and the future of the dam.

Eritrea should be taught a lesson for betraying their own and siding with its former foe, Amharas. Even independence of Eritrea should be questioned as Afwerki acts like Eritrea is still part of Ethiopia.

Last edited:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Breaking News: Abiy Ahmed says that the Army has brought the Tigray region under control. I think TPLF has been uprooted and defeated.

AbdiGeedi

@Django

Yep, now it depends on how the ordinary Tigrayans will react to the Fed's incursion. Abiy might have inadvertently increased the support among the populace for the TPLF. Addis Ababa is really doing a bad job at winning the hearts in Tigray by openly discriminating against Tigrayan civilians elsewhere.

I doubt it will end with simple "Mission Accomplished" announcement by Abiy regardless of his military wins in the Tigray region (if it's true).

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
PM Abiy has many outstanding characters. One of his strength is his ability to appear very weak and incompetent in the eyes of his opponents. This is where many of his opponents get destroyed, be it Jawar & co and now TPLF. They all think PM Abiy is weak, incompetent and so they can bring him down easily. The problem is while they brag and talk endlessly how Abiy is weak and how he is useless and incompetent, he in the meantime does his homework of preparing a clever plan for months to beat them. And since one of his outstanding characters are strategic planning and being a workaholic, he works day and night a detailed plan to get his opponents while they are allover the media disrespecting him and making themselves way too strong than they are. A wise leader makes his opponents believe he is weak so that they don't do the necessary preparation that is up to the task. That is where all his opponents fail, undermining his capabilities and his determination.
Hold on why is everyone shitting on him then?

I think I might be right about Ethiopian Reddit being tigrayan nationalists.

Ethiopia is always gearing up for a civil war but it doesnt happen. Its not like somali or somalia can take advantage right now.

blah blah from ordinary citizens doesn't change the fact the army is controlling Tigray and have captured TPLF officials and imposed state of emergency. An organization or people without a leadership is useless. That is what is happening in Tigray right now. Tigray liyu is now surrendering in masses to the army. Tigray will remain under the army command post for the next 6 months. PM Abiy is creating facts on the ground. That is what matters not empty bravado and past glories. TPLF gambled high and lost big by provoking the army. That was a red line that it should have never crossed.

Hold on why is everyone shitting on him then?

I think I might be right about Ethiopian Reddit being tigrayan nationalists.

They are mostly paid TPLF cadres and oromo extremists from the diaspora. Don't get me wrong PM Abiy has many opponents and has also lost many of the support he had when he came to power. But all this noise doesn't prevent him from panning and executing his agenda consequently. He is a true workaholic.

blah blah from ordinary citizens doesn't change the fact the army is controlling Tigray and have captured TPLF officials and imposed state of emergency. An organization or people without a leadership is useless. That is what is happening in Tigray right now. Tigray liyu is now surrendering in masses to the army. Tigray will remain under the army command post for the next 6 months. PM Abiy is creating facts on the ground. That is what matters not empty bravado and past glories. TPLF gambled high and lost big by provoking the army. That was a red line that it should have never crossed.

Take your amhara bigotry to Amhara bunas and Bars.

You are not arguing objectively just spewing amhara pathological lies.

Who on earth do you want to convince that Amhara liyy polis are invading Tigray to liberate them from their own sons?

Amhara liyu polis and Ethiopian military were accomplice in trying to displace Benishangul ccommunity.Amhara community have been jubilating and ululating for the looting , killing and jailing of Oromo civilians in Oromo Kilil.
Amhara civilians armed and supported by Ethiopian government have been trying to break the back of Woliyta protesters seeking statehood and more rights.

Ethipian military have been looting Somalis in Sitti while Afar liyu polis supported by Tigray mafia have been killing Somalis.

Abyehas no mandate to rule Ethiopia it expired .He came to steer transition and did not hold elections which made him illegitimate PM.He has no consesus from Ethiopian people only Amhara racists want to use him to come back to power through any means even if its ethnic cleansing.

Tigray has obeyed and upheld its constituional rights.

This war is between the Ethiopian people who wants fair and justice Vs Amhara Feudalists who want to hold Ethiopia by the barrel of a gun.

Don't forget the Tigrayans are on their own turf. It might turned out to be a decisive factor in this war.

It looks like international media is paying attention to the conflict.

yeah bro they have the advantage of knowing the terrain better than their opponents for sure.
they have to, because whatever happens in ethiopia will effect the entire horn.

Those lands belong to Raya and another minority ethnic group who are neither Amhara nor Tigray.

Amhara know that the only group that the international community aka the west cannot side with them against are Tigray.Because they are Orthodox christians.

Dont you see how amhara wanted to smear the Oromo protests?
They were claimming the protestors were killing Christian Amhara which was a fabricarion and a tradition they have mastered over generations.

raya is a mix of oromo, tigrayan and amhara, to be honest, most would probably just identify as ethiopian because of how mixed they are. the majority speak tigrinya-the tigrayan language, to us oromos, they are oromos who migrated north during our wars against the abyssinians, and they ended up being assimilated into tigrayan culture to the point that many consider them tigrayan. confusing, i know.

of course, the amhara extremists are known to lie. they lie as much as they breathe, eat and sleep.

Amhara civilians providing food to ENDF

This hate is toxic.
I have never seen a people that hate others with passion like the way Amhara hate on others.

Trending