Chinese racism in Kenya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Sonder
Fair enough! but what do you actually think about Young ppl from the diaspora like myself coming back after getting degrees and raising our children to teach back home (instead of retiring) and building businesses and such there? It's not completely hopeless. We just have to start from the basics like education and build from the bottom up. Then it will take 3 more generations of western educated children to adjust to the curriculum and we will see a higher number of graduates and critical thinkers. If i become successful and earn millions i will lobby other successful somalis to build a world class education system and university and hire world class teachers from all over the world. Oil money helped arabs but they have no business mindset or ambitions to educate their youth so now thye will decline once the oil runs out. We can focus on education and then resources once our country is stable and teach the youth so that they can focus on renewable energy and tackle the countries problems in the future.

Yeah of course, the educated diaspora can be a massive help. But most diaspora youth who were born in the West most likely won't move back. In fact the ones who have university degrees will probably be harder to attract to Somalia than people with lower qualifications. Most people that move to Somalia (that I know) are usually middle-aged - old people who were born and raised in Somalia. They usually open up a restaurant or a shop. I've never heard of someone starting a construction or technology company for example. If you're a Civil Engineer and you're focused on progressing in your career you most likely won't think about moving there.

Yeah of course, the educated diaspora can be a massive help. But most diaspora youth who were born in the West most likely won't move back. In fact the ones who have university degrees will probably be harder to attract to Somalia than people with lower qualifications. Most people that move to Somalia (that I know) are usually middle-aged - old people who were born and raised in Somalia. They usually open up a restaurant or a shop. I've never heard of someone starting a construction or technology company for example. If you're a Civil Engineer and you're focused on progressing in your career you most likely won't think about moving there.
I will settle my kids here and move back once I retire to open schools and a university if possible, but my children will stay here to take advantage of the education system like I did and the trend will continue into however many generations it takes for education in Somali to become world class.

Kratos

Sonder
I will settle my kids here and move back once I retire to open schools and a university if possible, but my children will stay here to take advantage of the education system like I did and the trend will continue into however many generations it takes for education in Somali to become world class.

Good luck with that. It will be tough to avoid assimilation, especially for third and fourth generation Somalis.

Good luck with that. It will be tough to avoid assimilation, especially for third and fourth generation Somalis.
It's my children i will train them to be loyal to the motherland like mr rothschild. Ajnabis could kill us all at any minute! who would want to live constantly with that fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.