Cast of K'naans new show just announced and most of the main actors aren't Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
i mean just because barkhad did it, doesnt mean k'naan is any less wrong

it gives the show a level of authenticity, even if they are bad actors (it's not like the actors he picked are particularly amazing anyway). how are u supposed to get a decent perspective on the life of a somali if the characters are played by some random ajanabis?

Doesn't matter and I don't care about Somalis and their image. He should continue making his money. Somalis aren't going to pay his bills. :ohlord:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Atleast when people use this against us I'll say these are some Ethiopians/AAs and not Somalis to avoid the impending Ls. :axvmm9o:

Somalis need to stop making embarrassing shit on TV. We already got a bad rep irl. we need to play more positive roles because I don't want to hear more clowning and "I'm the captain now" jokes :meleshame:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Doesn't matter and I don't care about Somalis and their image. He should continue making his money. Somalis aren't going to pay his bills. :ohlord:

That AA mentality.

Stop hating y'all it don't matter if he talkin bout selling drugs to our community and killing other blacks, let him get his moneyyyyy

Reign

VIP
That AA mentality.

Stop hating y'all it don't matter if he talkin bout selling drugs to our community and killing other blacks, let him get his moneyyyyy
Somalis already have a bad image and how comes no one was talking about this non existent image when barkhad was embarrassing Somalis on the big screen? :cosbyhmm:

Just like the black community you people pick and choose what you want to be out raged about. Let a brother hustle. :mjswag:

Well done to my cuzz. He doesn't own Somalis jack shit, why should he cast them? And why shouldn't he exploit his countries and his people's failed state to make money? I would do the same. Same people that work with police and go into masjids to snitch on other Muslim Somalis are talking about dignity and anti Islam smh.

Barkhad made Somalis look shit yet he gets praises talk about munafiqnimo.
sis...im sure if he weren't hawiye you wouldn't be here for it either. he pretends to be a patriot but then he goes and signs up to a program that defames us? on HBO no less. barkhad was some poor refugee who didn't know better, that was a pay check to him lmao. kan'aan was relevant loooong before this and he knows the type of shit the media portrays about us and africans in general.

tbh if anything MUSLIM somalis are the ones that are going to get dragged after this show airs. not lil old atheist somalis like moi :rejoice: . I'm lowkey only here for that aspect.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Somalis already have a bad image and how comes no one was talking about this non existent image when barkhad was embarrassing Somalis on the big screen? :cosbyhmm:

Just like the black community you people pick and choose what you want to be out raged about. Let a brother hustle. :mjswag:
i dont know much about barkhad so maybe i missed something, but dont tell me ur saying he exploited somalis by playing a pirate in a movie? as if somali pirates dont exist

even if he was completely embarrassing and unrealistic, how is an average dude working as a limousine driver with no acting experience who played a role some cadaan nigga wrote for him for a $60k check even comparable to k'naan and his influence and purposely profiting off of a misrepresentation of somalis that he's directly involved in?

Reign

VIP
sis...im sure if he weren't hawiye you wouldn't be here for it either. he pretends to be a patriot but then he goes and signs up to a program that defames us? on HBO no less. barkhad was some poor refugee who didn't know better, that was a pay check to him lmao. kan'aan was relevant loooong before this and he knows the type of shit the media portrays about us and africans in general.
He's not defaming anyone. Somalis are defaming themselves. If you don't want writers writing shit about you then stop being terrorist sympathisers and contribute to your societies. It's good he's doing this. Maybe Somalis will wake up and make a change once they see how the world sees them.

Reign

VIP
i dont know much about barkhad so maybe i missed something, but dont tell me ur saying he exploited somalis by playing a pirate in a movie? as if somali pirates dont exist

even if he was completely embarrassing and unrealistic, how is an average dude working as a limousine driver with no acting experience who played a role some cadaan nigga wrote for him for a $60k check even comparable to k'naan and his influence and purposely profiting off of a misrepresentation of somalis that he's directly involved in?
Yeah but Somali low lives exist and K'naan is only portraying that. Are you telling me Somalis aren't terrorist sympathisers and don't try hard to act AA and gang bang? If they don't want to be seen in a negative light then raise your kids better, don't blame K'naan.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Barkhad is an Oscar nominee, bafta winner, SAG winner. Something knaan will never achieve. HBO won't even pick up. He already fucked up his chances!!! :hahaidiot:

Night shift, 300 lbs security, sexually confused losers should stop hating on Barkhad. You will never achieve his success and he's pulling more es than you can have crush on in your lifetime. (@waraabe) :hahaidiot:

Focus on losing weight waryaa!

waraabe

Your superior
Barkhad is an Oscar nominee, bafta winner, SAG winner. Something knaan will never achieve. HBO won't even pick up. He already fucked up his chances!!! :hahaidiot:

Night shift, 300 lbs security, sexually confused losers should stop hating on Barkhad. You will never achieve his success and he's pulling more es than you can have crush on in your lifetime. (@waraabe) :hahaidiot:

Focus on losing weight waryaa!

Fix those teeth

The three Somali actors will play minor/supporting roles. At least 2 of them are from the UK. What was the point of his casting calls in the US and Canada? He specifically asked for Somali actors. Was it all for show?:francis:

Prince Abdi will play Big Man, a spliff-smoking petty thug, who takes care of his blind grandmother. He has filled the void left by Bisbaas’s (Tadese) banishment and is now threatened by his return.

images

Yusra Warsama will play Hawo, Sameer’s (Alem) mother who is a hard-working and loving parent. She holds fast to traditional Somali family values, which often conflict with the agenda of an American teenager.

images

This is crazy, this Yusra girl and Liya Kebede look far too young to play mothers to these grown ass men lol this show is already a mess.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Hanad kid is reer Seattle :denzelnigga:

He's the only bright spot in the show

13725061_1020826521297888_8985456752759412433_o.jpg

STG performers Hanad Abdi, Bella Mancuso, and Haydon Tieman win it big at this year's iPOP! 2016 Convention. Direct from Seattle, WA Hanad Abdi snagged the coveted title of Actor of the Year, Monologue of the Year, and 2nd Runner-Up in TV Commercial.

http://entsun.com/doc/10663843

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending