Cast of K'naans new show just announced and most of the main actors aren't Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I doubt Mr Barkhad would wanna be on the small screens, it will ruin his chance of making it big. Other then him i don't think we actually have any Somali actors that are know.

Yeah Id imagine he wouldnt want any part of this Im suprised HBO wanna go with this I doubt they even gonna speak Somali in this

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
That Prince guy is the disastrous comedian who froze on stage. The most cringeworthy moment in the history of the Somali xoolo :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Fucking xabashi scum making a buck by destroying our already shitty image

K'naan go f*ck yourself

:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Let us start boycotting k'naan' work or anything had to do with him, first the FB' fan page, Twitter, ...etc we can do it, it is simple step of unfollow

Liya Kebede

yaaaaaaas at my bae!!!!

but wtf? none of these people look remotely somali? which one of them is somali?

nah Kna'an is officially dead to me

Last edited:

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
>Before the the cast was revealed

What selfrespecting Somali would attend this audition? Only the least proud ones will go there

>after the cast was revealed and only 1/4 of the members were Somali

WHAT THE f*ck IS THIS WHY NOT HIRE SOMALIS!!!

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
>Before the the cast was revealed

What selfrespecting Somali would attend this audition? Only the least proud ones will go there

>after the cast was revealed and only 1/4 of the members were Somali

WHAT THE f*ck IS THIS WHY NOT HIRE SOMALIS!!!
lack of acting talent i'd imagine :francis:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Typical Moryan. The director who's funding this project has anti-Islam views. Watch all of the movies she has done. K'naan is disgusting for working with her and trying to exploit the Somalis.

I'm glad the kids who shut down the event did what they did.

Typical Moryan. The director who's funding this project has anti-Islam views. Watch all of the movies she has done. K'naan is disgusting for working with her and trying to exploit the Somalis.

I'm glad the kids who shut down the event did what they did.
i hope he gets publicly DRAGGED again

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Well done to my cuzz. He doesn't own Somalis jack shit, why should he cast them? And why shouldn't he exploit his countries and his people's failed state to make money? I would do the same. Same people that work with police and go into masjids to snitch on other Muslim Somalis are talking about dignity and anti Islam smh.

Barkhad made Somalis look shit yet he gets praises talk about munafiqnimo.

Tramo

Well done to my cuzz. He doesn't own Somalis jack shit, why should he cast them? And why shouldn't he exploit his countries and his people's failed state to make money? I would do the same. Same people that work with police and go into masjids to snitch on other Muslim Somalis are talking about dignity and anti Islam smh.

Barkhad made Somalis look shit yet he gets praises talk about munafiqnimo.
he should cast somalis because the show is about somalis :draketf:

did u really just ask why he shouldnt exploit his ppl to make money? qabiil has completely warped ur perspective :susp:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
he should cast somalis because the show is about somalis :draketf:

did u really just ask why he shouldnt exploit his ppl to make money? qabiil has completely warped ur perspective :susp:
If barkad can exploit Somalis to make money why can't K'naan? And if Somalis are shitty actors why should he cast them? He doesn't own Somalis jack shit and doesn't need to cast them if he doesn't want to.

Tramo

If barkad can exploit Somalis to make money why can't K'naan? And if Somalis are shitty actors why should he cast them? He doesn't own Somalis jack shit and doesn't need to cast them if he doesn't want to.
i mean just because barkhad did it, doesnt mean k'naan is any less wrong

it gives the show a level of authenticity, even if they are bad actors (it's not like the actors he picked are particularly amazing anyway). how are u supposed to get a decent perspective on the life of a somali if the characters are played by some random ajanabis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending