Canada Should Bring Her Home. How Sad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
'I'm terrified for her': Canadian orphan, 4, trapped in Syrian refugee camp .

See he video.

Amira is seen in this supplied image.

A four-year-old Canadian orphan, the sole survivor of a family that joined ISIS, is trapped in a Syrian refugee camp and her uncle is desperate to bring her home despite little help from the federal government.

The little girl named Amira was sent to the Al-Hawl refugee camp in eastern Syria earlier this year after her parents and three siblings were killed in an airstrike. The parents had travelled from Canada to Syria to become ISIS fighters.

“She was found on the side of the road by herself,” her uncle, who did not want to be named out of fear for his family’s safety, told CTV News’ Paul Workman from Toronto. “In her own words, she said she saw everybody lying down. She was just wandering by herself. Somebody found her and brought her to the camp.”

Amira’s uncle has been trying to bring her to Canada since he was sent a heartbreaking image of his niece. The picture shows a smiling little girl in a yellow shirt sitting next to a backpack. She appears to have some scarring on her forehead.

“I'm terrified for her health and her security,” he said. “She's only four years old. She's just a little girl.”

“She doesn't even know that we even exist. She thinks her whole family is gone. She doesn’t even know that she has aunts and uncles and grandparents and cousins who love her (and) who are waiting to see her.”

Al-Hawl is a sprawling refugee camp providing shelter to some 40,000 people, including the families of fallen ISIS fighters. In the past few months, reports out of Al-Hawl suggest the camp is becoming more and more overcrowded, while supplies are running dry.

“She’s alone,” Amira’s uncle said. “She doesn’t have anyone there to look out for her best interests. It’s tough conditions over there and everybody’s going to be looking out for themselves.”

The camp is also becoming increasingly dangerous for those housed there. Some of the women have reported assaults at the hands of the Kurdish guards, while one woman was allegedly strip-searched.

CTV News has previously reported the stories of two so-called “ISIS brides” from Canada – Aimee from Alberta and Kimberly from British Columbia -- who are desperate to return to Canada from Al-Hawl, but haven’t had success.

Much like these two ISIS brides, Amira’s uncle said he has run into numerous road blocks in trying to bring Amira home. She was born in Syria, meaning the family needs a DNA test to prove her parents are Canadian and Amira would also need temporary documentation to travel.

Amira’s uncle has been told the DNA test alone could take six months, while the documents provide a whole set of logistical issues.

“I'll do whatever it takes to get her out of her condition,” he said. “I've offered to go myself to the camp (and) pick her up.”

Global Affairs Canada has previously said it cannot offer much in the way of consular services to the Canadians detained at Al-Hawl, in part due to the danger presented in the area, but earlier this month French and Dutch officials arranged for the return of dozens of orphans from the camp.

“I’m just confused why so many countries…can bring their orphans back, but my government is leaving my niece alone,” Amira’s uncle said.

CTV News reached out to the Canadian foreign affairs minister about Amira’s case, but her office referred questions to the immigration minister.

In recent months, Swedish, German and American officials have also arranged for some of those detained at the camp to return home.

In a statement to CTV News about Amira's case on Tuesday, a Global Affairs spokesperson said they are aware of "these troubling reports" and are working to obtain more information from people on the ground.

"Given the security situation on the ground, the government of Canada’s ability to provide consular assistance in any part of Syria is extremely limited," the statement continued.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/i-m-te...an-4-trapped-in-syrian-refugee-camp-1.4472547

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
5560.jpg

Please write an email to the Minister of Immigration of Canada Ahmed Hussein to intervene on her behalf.

Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca

If you are a Canadian, you can call;

Hill Office House of Commons Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0A6 Telephone: 613-995-0777 Fax: 613-992-2949

Constituency Office(s)

99D Ingram Drive (Main Office) Toronto, Ontario M6M 2L7 Telephone: 416-656-2526 Fax: 416-656-9908

VixR

Veritas
So a Somali couple from Canada hauled ass with their 4 kids to Syria (or had them there) to fight with ISIS, and now they’re all dead except for 1, and she’s trapped in a camp. No matter how many times I repeat it, it won’t make sense.

So a Somali couple from Canada hauled ass with their 4 kids to Syria (or had them there) to fight with ISIS, and now they’re all dead except for 1, and she’s trapped in a camp. No matter how many times I repeat it, it won’t make sense.
Madness for sure

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Al Shaytaan worked wonders on them.

@VixR

Since the 4 year old was born in Syria, the parents must've been those who joined ISIS the initial stages and some or most of the kids were born there.

Look at this one from Dixon.

2015-03-12T21-31-43.233Z--1280x720.jpg

The eldest of the women is a Somali-Canadian who said she grew up in Toronto’s Dixon Road neighbourhood and met her husband online.

He was Lebanese but in November 2014 he sent her to Istanbul, where he had arranged for a man named Abu Mohamed to meet her, she said.

She thought Abu Mohamed was going to take her to Lebanon to be with her husband, she said, but instead, he brought her across the border into Syria.

Her daughter was born in Raqqah, the former hub of ISIS activity. She said she stayed at home and was unaware of the atrocities ISIS was committing as it sought to force its rigid version of Islamic law on the population.

When the bombing began, she was terrified, she said. During her third pregnancy, she decided to return to Canada.

“I thought that maybe if I go back I can give birth, start over, you know like, I know Canadians are different than anyone else. They believe in second chances.”

Last December, she set off with her kids intending to cross into Turkey but she was stopped at a Kurdish checkpoint. “Cause I’m obvious, you know, I’m Somalian. So they took us straight to the prison.”

She was taken nine months ago to Roj Camp, which currently holds 370 families, 100 of them foreigners. Most are from North Africa but there are also Europeans and North Americans.

Her sister said the Toronto family was talking to Global Affairs Canada but the process was slow-moving and officials had provided no timeline for her return.

The case was unique because she only ended up in Syria as a result of her husband’s deception, the sister said.

She had no idea where she was going,” she said. “We just want her to come back.”

Watch several other Somali women interviewed on video on the link below.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4529299/wives-of-isis-fighters-want-canada/

VixR

Veritas
Al Shaytaan worked wonders on them.
The irony that her grandparents were refugees who made it out to Canada from Somalia, and their kids grew up in the West and married here, only to join ISIS, and their daughter now an orphan in a refugee camp in Syria is too much.

It seems like many Somali Canadians joined ISIS.

Alleged ISIL fighter says he couldn't come to Canada to be with his Toronto wife, so they moved to Syria where he joined militants.

How Qasim Al-Muzaqzaq came to be on trial in Beirut, and his wife’s journey from Toronto to a refugee camp as an ISIL bride, was told during questioning by the head of the Lebanese Military Tribunal.

A man facing trial in Lebanon for being an alleged ISIL fighter said he wanted to move to Canada to be with his Canadian wife but was denied a visa — so he went to Syria instead.

Rather than remaining in Toronto, his wife then joined him in Raqqah, ISIL’s central city during its war in Syria and Iraq, where she had three children, who are now with her in a Syrian refugee camp, according to a report of the man’s testimony.

The story of how Qasim Al-Muzaqzaq came to be on trial in Beirut, and his wife’s journey from Toronto to a refugee camp as an ISIL bride, was told during questioning by the head of the Lebanese Military Tribunal, according to a report in an Arabic newspaper.

It started when Al-Muzaqzaq met and fell in love with a Canadian woman of Somali origin online and wanted to join her in Canada, but was unable to obtain a visa to travel to Canada, he said. The report of his testimony, written by a Beirut correspondent of Al-Sharq Al-Awsat, an international newspaper headquartered in London, was published Nov. 11. Portions were translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) and some translated by the National Post. The testimony has not been independently verified.

Many of them, particularly the women, often say that it was not really a radicalization story but rather a romantic journey of some kind

Al-Muzaqzaq had a lawyer present during his testimony, the report said.

In order to be together, Al-Muzaqzaq’s wife flew to Lebanon, where she was taken to his parents’ home in Tripoli, Lebanon, where they were married, he said. Specific dates were not given.

When his wife, who was not named in the report, was five months pregnant, they decided she should return to Canada to give birth and then he would try again to immigrate, this time as a spouse and father of a Canadian, the report said.

Friends told him it would be easier to get a visa in Turkey than in Lebanon, so he went to apply at the Canadian Embassy in Ankara. His request was again turned down, he said.

While in a hotel in Turkey, he was identified as an Arabic speaker and approached by a recruiter for ISIL. Al-Muzaqzaq said the recruiter encouraged him to move to Syria to live and work, saying the cost of living was much lower, according to the report.

He agreed, but not out of a desire to fight, he said: “Because I am suffering from a financial crisis.”

He moved to Raqqah, Syria, ISIL’s de facto capital.

When he arrived, ISIL officials interviewed him and asked what his profession was. He told them he was an auto mechanic and he was assigned to repair ISIL vehicles for a monthly salary of $50.

He said he did not engage in any military or security operations and did not carry weapons.

He said his wife agreed to join him in Raqqah, saying she “never hesitated,” according to the report. He said he contacted her from Raqqah and asked her to leave Canada for Turkey, where she was met by ISIL facilitators who brought her to be reunited with her husband in Syria.

is wife was paid a monthly salary of $35, and a similar amount was given for each of their children, he said. She lived with him in Raqqah for two years and bore two more children there before coalition forces recaptured the city.

He denied he had been “captured” by coalition forces; rather, he said, he and his family willingly surrendered.

His account of his wife’s arrival in Syria differs from one recently told by a Canadian ISIL bride who is likely the same woman.

Amarnath Amarasingam, a university researcher who studies Western foreign fighters, and Stewart Bell, a reporter with Global News, recently interviewed two Canadian women inside a camp. The Toronto woman was not named, but her
biographical account matches the account heard in court.

She said in her interview her husband “tricked” her into going to Syria and she hadn’t wanted to.

“It is very difficult to say whose story is true in these circumstances,” said Amarasingam. “Many of them, particularly the women, often say that it was not really a radicalization story but rather a romantic journey of some kind.

“Most of the women went willingly, most of them are just as politicized as the men are, just as committed to the cause.”

According to Amarasingam, there are about 900 men, 500 women and 1,000 children from 44 countries being held under Kurdish control in areas formerly under ISIL control. Eight to 10 of the children and three to four of the women are Canadian, by his count.

Each of the women will have their own story and circumstances and can be dealt with in a number of ways, including facing terrorism charges in Canada or being allowed to freely return.

Amarasingam said he thinks Canada has a moral obligation to repatriate the children, at least.

“The children shouldn’t have to live in a Syrian desert in tents because their parents made stupid decisions.”

Al-Muzaqzaq was one of eight alleged ISIL fighters from Lebanon returned to Beirut.

His hearing was adjourned until next week.

https://nationalpost.com/news/alleg...they-moved-to-syria-where-he-joined-militants

VixR

Veritas
@VixR

Since the 4 year old was born in Syria, the parents must've been those who joined ISIS the initial stages and some or most of the kids were born there.

Look at this one from Dixon.

2015-03-12T21-31-43.233Z--1280x720.jpg

The eldest of the women is a Somali-Canadian who said she grew up in Toronto’s Dixon Road neighbourhood and met her husband online.

He was Lebanese but in November 2014 he sent her to Istanbul, where he had arranged for a man named Abu Mohamed to meet her, she said.

She thought Abu Mohamed was going to take her to Lebanon to be with her husband, she said, but instead, he brought her across the border into Syria.

Her daughter was born in Raqqah, the former hub of ISIS activity. She said she stayed at home and was unaware of the atrocities ISIS was committing as it sought to force its rigid version of Islamic law on the population.

When the bombing began, she was terrified, she said. During her third pregnancy, she decided to return to Canada.

“I thought that maybe if I go back I can give birth, start over, you know like, I know Canadians are different than anyone else. They believe in second chances.”

Last December, she set off with her kids intending to cross into Turkey but she was stopped at a Kurdish checkpoint. “Cause I’m obvious, you know, I’m Somalian. So they took us straight to the prison.”

She was taken nine months ago to Roj Camp, which currently holds 370 families, 100 of them foreigners. Most are from North Africa but there are also Europeans and North Americans.

Her sister said the Toronto family was talking to Global Affairs Canada but the process was slow-moving and officials had provided no timeline for her return.

The case was unique because she only ended up in Syria as a result of her husband’s deception, the sister said.

She had no idea where she was going,” she said. “We just want her to come back.”

Watch several other Somali women interviewed on video on the link below.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4529299/wives-of-isis-fighters-want-canada/
You’re weaving together two different stories, are you not?

I don’t really care about this lady.

But the children should be saved. She probably won’t be though, since she was born in Syria.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
It’s too early to be crying, that sweet little girl :liberaltears: Why can’t the uncle just go and bring her? It’s not like he lives in the states and will be denied re entry.

You’re weaving together two different stories, are you not?

I don’t really care about this lady.

But the children should be saved. She probably won’t be though, since she was born in Syria.

@VixR

I don't know about the Canadian and American citizenship rules, but here in Australia, if one or both parents are Australians regardless of where the child was born, they assume Australian citizenship. They are bringing Australian children (born here and in Syria) who lost both of their Australian parents back to Australia. Those with surviving Australian parents in those Syrian camps, no one wants to know their existence.

It’s too early to be crying, that sweet little girl :liberaltears: Why can’t the uncle just go and bring her? It’s not like he lives in the states and will be denied re entry.

@TheShinning

Since he can't show any documents indicating that he is the next of kin to that child, the Kurds won't release the child to him and how will he bring her without documents? He needs to clear all the documentation from the Canadian authorities to bring her back. I'm surprised that no one visited her.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
What I find bizarre is how the hell they ended up tracing her kinship all the way in Canada when everyone died.

How come these Arabs didn’t just take her and raise her as their little slave

What I find bizarre is how the hell they ended up tracing her kinship all the way in Canada when everyone died.

How come these Arabs didn’t just take her and raise her as their little slave

@R,Kelly

Waryaa, she is a child and piss off.

These people leave their relatives contacts with others and inform them when they are killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts