Can you tell which region a Somali is from just by looking at them?

I can usually tell apart Isaaqs from other somalis, they have a distinctive look.
Rahanweyns often have a very distinctive look too.

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
I can usually tell apart Isaaqs from other somalis, they have a distinctive look.
Rahanweyns often have a very distinctive look too.
what's this isaaqs being distinctive :ayaanswag:I can't tell part gaalkacyo nigga from burco nigga :heh: isaaqs don't have the highest mix rate that goes to the niggas that assimilated Arabs
AKA MJ and RX look normal Somali but they usually have a curved nose

Last edited:
what's this isaaqs being distinctive :ayaanswag:I can't tell part gaalkacyo nigga from burco nigga :heh: isaaqs don't have the highest mix rate that goes to the niggas that assimilated Arabs AKA MJ
Nah, i dont mean in the mixed sense, they look somali but have their own look. I cant always tell ofc because bonafide somalis look so similar in general.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
There are no differences, it’s usually the weird qabilist nigga who think certain regions/clans have their own unique look.

Wait if Isaaqs look different because of their *supposed* Middle Eastern origins, doesn’t that make them less Somali then the rest?

I've met Somalis from all clans, we're practically the same. Instead of clans, I think the difference we're seeing is mostly anecdotal and stems from the families we tend to encounter, don't be surprised you have a doppelganger from a different region let alone a clan you're neighbouring.

Rahanweyn has a certain look, it's extremely subtle but it has something to do with the nose.
Other then raxaweyne I can’t tell the difference

Cap, you guys probably saw some assimilated families, Raxaweyne look just as Somali as the rest and their girls are in high demand now, a lot of guys in my city including some fam members are trying to cuff them.

I've met Somalis from all clans, we're practically the same. Instead of clans, I think the difference we're seeing is mostly anecdotal and stems from the families we tend to encounter, don't be surprised you have a doppelganger from a different region let alone a clan you're neighbouring.

Cap, you guys probably saw some assimilated families, Raxaweyne look just as Somali as the rest and their girls are in high demand now, a lot of guys in my city including some fam members are trying to cuff them.
I met one rx geledi guy in nyc he looked Somali but another rx guy I seen looked arab.

Trending