Can you name things you like about Somali people and Somaliweyn

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
This thread is meant boost morale on this forum and bring us together to embrace our somalinimo.

What i love about Somalia is our long coastline. Somalia’s coastline stretches 3,025 km and is shaped like the number 7. The coastline lies next to the Indian Ocean to the east while the Gulf of Aden is towards the north. It would be the longest coastline in the entire continent if it wasn’t for Madagascar, where the coastline runs around the entire island. Along Somalia’s coastline, you can find some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Somalia was a popular tourist destination for its immense natural beauty and pristine beaches before the Civil War.

IMG_1255.jpeg

Internet Nomad

VIP
Our history and cultural attire.
Yeah Somalis have been around for a while. We made our mark on the horn for longer than 5000 years.
IMG_1256.jpeg

Out attire also looks so noble, we have everything the comfortable house clothes and the outdoor event clothes

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
bravery,cultural attire, honorable traditions, history, prideful, truthful etc

Last edited:

Internet Nomad

VIP
Somali culture is inherently republican, even the old Suldaans, Garaads and the like were not sacrosanct rulers but sort of a first among equals.
Hmm? I would expect thats the reason why somalis are unfit with some forms of government.

Just like a horse, if you don't know what your doing it can be a wild beast. However if you have patience to understand its character it can be obedient and graceful.

Internet Nomad

VIP
I like how we’re divided into qabils, it makes it more easy to distinguish who’s on my side.
Qabils are nice from a social aspect, as you could use it to get know a person. However the rest of the stuff it is packaged with is a disease.

Thats not the focus of this Thread! We must remain POSITIVE!

Internet Nomad

VIP
Bumperino!

bus bump GIF

I love our camels! They helped Somalis navigate the horn for millenniums. Such resilient Animals. Nobody loves Camels like somalis do.

I like the culture of self-confidence/importance. It can bring chaos/negative attention but it’s an admirable trait to have on a personal and group level.

Internet Nomad

VIP
I like the culture of self-confidence/importance. It can bring chaos/negative attention but it’s an admirable trait to have on a personal and group level.
Yeah somalis love to barge oursleves into every situation possible.
😅

Trending