can we fix Somalia with our western education?

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic
I feel the exact same way and I can't wait to go back. South Korea was poorer than Somalia in 1960 and look at what they have accomplished since then. We can do the same and more.

Try to learn something that can be applied to Somalia or, if your field isn't relevant, you can help fund projects like schools and dams with your money.

No matter what field you are in, don't waste your inherent Somali talent for business. You can start businesses in Somalia, the west, and even other African countries. Keep your ear to the ground on where other Somalis are doing business and how.

Somalia is dependent on remittances and once the older generation dies, the remittances will probably stop. Once you get a career, commit yourself to sending money back home to your relatives (even though you don't actually know them) every month and try to get your siblings/other Somalis to do the same.

I plan on avoiding politics because I don't think it's right for us to fly in with our western education and steal roles from people who grew up there (and understand the country better). I think our abilities are best used in developing our parent's villages and towns from the bottom.
I can’t wait for the Somali welfare called remittance to die. Good riddance.

La Xawla

Unfortunately, that is something completely out of our control. All we can do is try to improve education and standard of living for the common Somali.

It's true that some Somalis take monthly remittances and laze around chewing khat but I think that's a small minority. Remember that Somalis are an entrepreneurial who are always hungry for more. I like to believe that if you give them money, they will invest it to make more.

I plan on targeting my remittances to the poorest people in my village and I will probably rotate them to make sure it's always going where it's most needed.

:wtfdis:
You are Harari, warya. Say it with pride.
:yousmart:
It’s better to give them a good chunk of money which they can use to start a business and help them get on their feet than signing them a check every month

La Xawla

It adds money to the economy and has a net positive effect according to The World Bank.
Walaal thats all talk. What does the World Bank know about Somalia? They probably get their data from NGOs that make up bs to get more money for their “cause”

It’s better to give them a good chunk of money which they can use to start a business and help them get on their feet than signing them a check every month

yup

the main thing we should do is send money to improve our troops. security is key, people than will come back. It will start a chain reaction.

La Xawla

yup

the main thing we should do is send money to improve our troops. security is key, people than will come back. It will start a chain reaction.
I wouldn’t jump into this just yet. You need to make sure that the money isn’t going into some odeys pocket. Corruption is rampant. You need accountability

La Xawla

If 100 thousand western diaspora geeljires organized themselves, we could literally take over Somalia and transform it, sadly often diaspora based Somalis are the worst when it comes to clanism, nepotism, narcissism. But don't give up
Even less than 50 is something. You just need to be smart about. Gotta start a movement :westbrookswag:

I wouldn’t jump into this just yet. You need to make sure that the money isn’t going into some odeys pocket. Corruption is rampant. You need accountability

indeed, everything has to be calculated. But unlike other Somalis, I'm not all talk. life is short, actions must be made.

La Xawla

indeed, everything has to be calculated. But unlike other Somalis, im not all talk. life is short, i will do gain as much of knowledge i can to help my people.
That’s the plan. Before I hit 30

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Even tho I wasn't born in Somalia, I will and always have love for Somalia. I think of visiting it every day, I think about fixing it every day. I'm 100% sure if many of us went back with our education, the GDP would increase fast. What do you guys suggest??
Sxb I have an uncle that is an accountant, two uncles that are teachers, an aunt that is a nurse practioner. I have a close family friend that I still consider an uncle that works For a health company do some shit that pays pretty well. They all work in the US.

Do I honestly don’t think most Somalis are planning on going back. I’m 21 and I haven’t met any my age or close to my age seriously discuss going back to somalia. I only started to consider going after I joined this forum. Plenty of people my age have planned to live the rest of their lives here in the West.
There are definently some planning on going back maybe when they are 50+ When their kids are out of college or high school.

In America there is a generation of adults in their late 30s and 40s that came to the US when they were children. My mom was one of these kids. So far a majority of the ones I met aren’t aren’t really college educated but I do know a few and the ones I know are the ones I posted above.

Yes i agree,but also even if you are working where you you should invest in somalia too,people listen to money,invest in somalia to give young people jobs

if jews, Koreans, Rwandans and others who literally were once in the same state Somalia is in right now prosper, then anything is possible. Look what Akon, 1 man did in Africa.

Even tho I wasn't born in Somalia, I will and always have love for Somalia. I think of visiting it every day, I think about fixing it every day. I'm 100% sure if many of us went back with our education, the GDP would increase fast. What do you guys suggest??

Zuzu

The youth in the West are more fractured on clan lines than those in Somalia/Somaliland. Waxba u soo kordhin maayaan aan ahayn further poisoning the clan rivalry back home. Most of the leaders in Somalia/Somaliland are well educated diasporas and what have they done other than elevate the clan tensions? As long as we don’t address honestly and cleverly, the evilness of diinteena, The Clan, we are only sending a more sophisticated clansmen back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending