Burco Development News

I've always wondered why Somali businessmen prefer building Hotels to Factories. Unless the city/town/village is a picturesque and hugely popular tourism hotspot, it's not like it will create a lot of revenue.

Bohol

VIP
I've always wondered why Somali businessmen prefer building Hotels to Factories. Unless the city/town/village is a picturesque and hugely popular tourism hotspot, it's not like it will create a lot of revenue.

Reason is factories take a lot of electricity to run something backhome has a problem with. Hotel is easy and lots of diaspora go
to those cities all year around so there is never shortage of guests.

An illiterate with no skills whatsoever ends up with 50 to 100 thousand dollars from "qaadhan money" or from working in some western country and saving the money, then flies back to his clan-based town, builds what he considers to be a "5-star hotel" so he can compete with another illiterate cousin of his.

Reason is factories take a lot of electricity to run something backhome has a problem with. Hotel is easy and lots of diaspora go
to those cities all year around so there is never shortage of guests.

With the advent of renewable energy, generating electricity shouldn't be rocket science. A man in Buuhoodle built his own windmill.

Are we gonna ignore the elephant in the room? Really? The guy's name is Xiniinyo-dheere?

:mjlol::pachah1::russ::chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:That's it, I'm done! My ribs are broken!

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga

Most Somalis are also copycats, they love to copy what the other person does, most lack that creativity to bring something speacial/new. There are so many hotels and water bottling companies, it's ridiculous lol. They would make more money if they think bigger.

I seen some people that are making a fish processing factory in Bosaso for export internationally, we need projects like that. I am waiting for these Somalis to capitalise in business in Somalia on a big scale. They could even make life better for the average joe just like how these Telecom companies gave us the cashless system and excellent telecommunications.

I ain't here to belittle this guys hotel or anything. It is quite nice and I'm happy he is building a hotel in his hometown. Well done to him

Bohol

VIP
Ina Muruqliqe's massive little community complete with accommodations, mosque, gas station and supermarkets.
15078599_1265703686814752_871927833678608960_n.jpg

Bohol

VIP
Masha Allah but less business centres and more factories! I don't understand this trend of hotels/malls.

Have you heard about that cement making factory opened in Hargeisa few months ago? According to the mayor it already broke
Lol. Factories in most cases in Sland are unreliable since they don't have the expertise to fix it if something goes wrong + lack
of reliable power supply.

Have you heard about that cement making factory opened in Hargeisa few months ago? According to the mayor it already broke
Lol. Factories in most cases in Sland are unreliable since they don't have the expertise to fix it if something goes wrong + lack

Before you buy the machines to run the factory, trained 3 workers as technicians (couple months or even weeks course from the manufacturers of machines)

Galaeri

Not bad at all :leon:

If it was greener it would it be perfect. They could use artificial grass if they wanted to.

I see they have a lot of empty land at the back. I bet they have plans for that in the future. Wonder what they are intending to use it for :hmm:.

They should have kept foreigners in the factory until they have trained their staff.
How unreliable is the electricity btw, does it cut of for like 10 mins a day or much longer?

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
it looks good but a million to build all that :what1:

Theres already tons of these places in Somaliland why not open up a rice factory or baasto factory could make a killing from it :yousmart:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I don't know if they could compete with the cheap rice that comes from overseas but a baasto factory, that would probably pay for itself very quickly.

its sad these farmers get overloooked they got organic top notch quality But people focusing on buying cheap food thats expired and of low quality and Food that damages the health and destroys the dreams of farmers

:ohlord:

Galaeri

its sad these farmers get overloooked they got organic top notch quality But people focusing on buying cheap food thats expired and of low quality and Food that damages the health and destroys the dreams of farmers

:ohlord:

Yea there was a dalsoor video talking about the imported food and another on how it hurts the farmers so much. The people get gastric problems the poor quality of the imported foods. At the end of the day the most important thing is price and that can only change if these farmers get help with their farming practices and with equipment. One of the videos was about a farmer in SL, the poor guy got rekt when cheap Ethiopian produce started arriving after he invested in a small farm. He just couldn't compete.

You guys should open some sort of factory or something else that would create jobs, who's going to use all these shops and hotels when everyone's broke?
:drakewtf:

Trending