Ethiopian is claiming Somalis don’t have indigenous food rather we took it from different countries 😂

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Which ethics group in the central highlands that followed waaqiest religion was it ? I’m assuming the agaws or aggobbra

No real clue. Further archaeological study, linguistic study and ancient DNA sampling would need to be done. Probably Sidamics and maybe Ethiosemitized Sidamics, though.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

To be fair nothing is also indigenous in Ethiopia
-the name Ethiopia belongs to Sudan
-your language semetic belongs to Yemenis
-clothing is also from ancient Yemenis

Somali race are weceliins -that is why we wuz always trouble makers

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Even some of the city/village dweller stuff is plainly native like cambuulo, canjeero and so forth. They all developed from the agricultural package our ancient ancestors got from the Ethiopian Highlands well over a thousand years ago by the looks of it:

Somalis might get all nationalistic on me but lets be real, we are pretty much just an extension of Ethiopian/Horner culture. The elements of our cuisine that developed from theirs or developed from crops we got from the highlands are pretty much part of our native regional culture.

It’s obvious we are from the same stock of people but to say we are an extension of them is too much. We’ve become different people and our histories has shaped us. They are who they are and we are who we are.

Btw, what do you think about that archaeological report showing signs of Christianity and Judaism present in Somali inhabited regions? Have you come across it?

It’s crazy how much history there is left to unearth in Somalia. Between this and the ancient Roman, Egyptian, Indian, and Chinese artifacts that are continuously discovered—I can’t wrap my head around how our homeland is critically lacking in thorough research. We might have the last frontier to explore in Africa.

> A grave marked with a stele carrying an Orthodox cross was found in situ at Aw-Barkhadle, which confirms that Christianity was known here during pre-Islamic times or contemporary with Islam.

>Also, gravestones marked with a Star of David are found around Dhubato (27) village in Hargeysa region.

>The heritage, if studied and recorded properly, can help people gain insights into their own past, understand the different groups who make up Somali society who lived syncretically in the past, and perhaps better understand their present.

Do you have any more information that can provide us with more insight? The only conclusion I can make from this is our ancestors tolerated differences in religions and the spread of Islam must have been rather slow. Would you agree?

Last edited:
U whole ethnicity culture is bc of u stole from others how oromo like u speaking, only pasto is Italien the rest is Somali native gtfu with u aidtopian bs, the only native food u have is raw meat and even that u took it from me when I colonized your folk and burned them forced them to eat raw meat
View attachment 277739

It seems that you're a bit emotional, similar to a woman during that time of the month; is everything okay warya? Or Naya? Which is it?
No need to argue about our, when it's among the most well known from African cuisines.

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
It seems that you're a bit emotional, similar to a woman during that time of the month; is everything okay warya? Or Naya? Which is it?
No need to argue about our, when it's among the most well known from African cuisines.

wow meat in soup how original no other ppl does that expect you guys huh ?

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?

Let’s respect each other. Don’t worry, it’s just jokes. They would still tear that plate up.

Correct me if I’m wrong but is this not habesha food? Do Oromos have their own derivatives or do you consume the same thing as the habesha? What did your people consume before the highlanders influenced your cuisine?

wow meat in soup how original no other ppl does that expect you guys huh ?

WOW somalis eat meat, rice and pasta, how original! No one has ever done that before!

See how your own logic/reasoning can be used against you/y'all?

Stews may be ''unoriginal'' but we didn't really borrow much, while somali cuisine is moderately influenced by other cuisines. The fact some of you are getting mad over it, is really silly to be honest.

I rather eat somali foods than Ethiopian no variety at all they eat is anjera breakfast lunches dinner 🙄 don’t get me started at least we adopted some from others and made it our own however odkac cano geel hilib ari Soor etc are our original foods

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Practically all cuisines even ethiopian have been influenced by other cultures. Food is the one thing thats truly global.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Majority of us somalis hail from pastoral backround, eating carbohydrate heavy foods like bariis iyo baasto is not for us. Embrace eating only meat, drinking milk and animal fat which is very high on omega 3 fats.

Somalis also love eating the liver which might be the most nutritious thing to eat on the planet. We must go back to our roots.

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
WOW somalis eat meat, rice and pasta, how original! No one has ever done that before!

Stews may be ''unoriginal'' but we didn't really borrow much, while somali cuisine is moderately influenced by other cuisines. The fact some of you are getting mad over it, is really silly to be honest.
can you read? the orignal tweet said ALL cuisine. obviously we got some influence as we were the bridge between the eastern world and africa i’m not denying that. but to say we have no unifluenced dishes and the fact your trying to sell some meat stew is hilarious :mjlol:

I'm not jumping in on this Xenophobia because it's just not on but I just wanna come and say as someone Sudanese it really personally annoys me when Ethiopians interpret mentions of "Ethiopia" in the Bible and Ancient Scriptures and narrations and get all prideful about it as if it has anything to do with them.

Of course some innocently don't know but for others, it's so obvious the Ethiopia in mention is of no relation to them or their ancestors but they still claim it as theirs. I don't have an issue with them currently labeling themselves as Ethiopians, but boy, if you open them history books and see a mention of Ethiopia and start to point and shout "My Ancestors!!", you best await the most fantastic slap.

I'm overreacting hard probably but I had to just mention this because it mildly pisses me off for no good reason lmao. The Ethiopians of the Bible and the Ancient world lived in the Nile Valley, had a capital known as Meroe, a female leader called a Kandaka and they fought off the Assyrians in defence of the people of Jerusalem. Sudan is biblical Ethiopia, the original Ethiopia.
They are from Abyssinia. It was changed, because the bible curses it and praises Ethio.

Imagine valuing the opinion of someone whose all culture/diet is based off them getting too shook to cook raw meat. Generational trauma has now turned into a special cuisine hahaha.
They probably enjoy the parasites and ringworms sticking out of their asses just like a bear that eats raw salmon.

U whole ethnicity culture is bc of u stole from others how oromo like u speaking, only pasto is Italien the rest is Somali native gtfu with u aidtopian bs, the only native food u have is raw meat and even that u took it from me when I colonized your folk and burned them forced them to eat raw meat
View attachment 277739
Is your comment appropriate. The op was distancing themselves from the dig by the twiiter user and you jump off the deep end. Relax.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP

no somali cuisine is influence from others we influence others not the other way around oromo, aren't u oromo why u showing me habesha stew don't u have anything of u own, u people are disgrace wallai not one invention always stealing from others, here's food that ain't raw and onion
1686147147187.png

1686147231592.png

1686147615182.png

1686147284063.png

1686147336419.png

1686147474731.png

1686147495768.png

1686147533033.png

You have such a disdain for Somalis , why are you own Somalispot and not oromospot ?

Trending

Latest posts