BORAMA ECONOMY DETERIORATED DUE TO IT'S DIR STAND ON LAASCAANOOD

Ducaale

I was interacting with some of the users here earlier and I became very conscious of the fact that they don't actually care about innocent human life. Had those on the receiving end of Biixi's criminal war been non Darood or non Harti, most if not all of this outrage wouldn't exist. I think that's something that cannot be denied. Even their Islamic scholars are the same. When did you last hear Umal or Shibli talk about other killings and massacres that are common place. Our traditional leaders have all spoken and made our position as Samaroon very clear yet they want to equate us with Biixi because there are some Samaroon soldiers serving in the army although they tried to brush aside the obvious facts that they're fellow clansmen are still very much part of the SL structure and project despite all the defections. They then whipped up a social media frenzy that Darood are not safe in Borama, the only town in the Somali speaking world where you can live alongside your neighbours for decades and they wouldn't even care to know your clan. All of this and not one non Samaroon were harmed. That's all fine, everyone is free to go wherever they like but that wasn't enough, all over social media their online influencers made up blatant lies saying things like 500 Samaroon soldiers are in Laascaanood. This level of scrutiny only exists for tribalist reasons. We're a bit innocent in these issues because most of us don't know much about qabiilism but we need to know when they're speaking to us in Af Darood and distinguish between genuine criticism and tribally motivated propaganda.
100%. This is why I push for Samaroon to be more tribalistic and use the Tribal lens when needed so they're not easily swayed by propaganda. If you're blind and can't see, someone with eyes will see for you.
The Madaluug (Medeluke) family split up centuries ago well before colonialism. We know that the non Samaroon Madaluug clans live in Jubboyinka, Kenya and Ethiopia. Every Samaroon knows his abtirsi upto and beyond Madaluug. So that's not entirely correct, we know our history. A few years ago there was a campaign to relocate many Madaluug from Jubboyinka to Awdal and also invite the Madaluug Ugaas to visit aswell.
We'd welcome them back if they want to come back. The campaign to resettle them to Awdal is news to me though. When did it happen and did it come to fruition?

They all shave off 10-20 years in FKDspot/the Somali Politics section.

No worries one of your scholarly unmarried uncles will do. We'll raise you as my own and you'll live comfortably with 6 degrees between us. :gaasdrink:
That's insulting. You're equating my political savviness with old age :stressed:

I'm afraid I don't have any unmarried uncles I'm aware of except for the ones back home who are digging Buuraha for minerals. :tocry:

Awdalite

Araabi
We'd welcome them back if they want to come back. The campaign to resettle them to Awdal is news to me though. When did it happen and did it come to fruition?

I might have exaggerated it a bit. It was a Facebook campaign a few years ago lol.

There used to be an entire Madaluug FB page and one of the admins was really encouraging them to get up and move and some accepted lol. The campaign was going on for some time aswell lol.

I might have exaggerated it a bit. It was a Facebook campaign a few years ago lol.

There used to be an entire Madaluug FB page and one of the admins was really encouraging them to get up and move and some accepted lol. The campaign was going on for some time aswell lol.
We gotta make it happen foreal though. I think we're gonna be the ones who have to take the initiative to reach out to them.

There needs some sort of conference with all the Madaluug clans in Awdal and its gonna need a lot of support from Samaroon.

With the plan to revive the former capital of the region (Baki), we can offer them cheap land there to build their homes and set up businesses.

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
We gotta make it happen foreal though. I think we're gonna be the ones who have to take the initiative to reach out to them.

There needs some sort of conference with all the Madaluug clans in Awdal and its gonna need a lot of support from Samaroon.

With the plan to revive the former capital of the region (Baki), we can offer them cheap land there to build their homes and set up businesses.

Most of the Madaluug are very large but very dispersed. It would be very good for them to come back to their original homeland. They're so out of place in Southern Somalia and are pretty much foreigners. They're a farming community like the Samaroon so their culture would fit in perfectly plus they're demeanour is quiet, passive and cool headed just like their brothers in the North. They would fit perfectly.

Ciise are Madoobe Dir and Samaroon are Madaluug Dir & Isaaq are considered Mahe Dir.
The problem with Samaroon is they have weakened marginalized their own fellow Madaluug Dir Brothers since their Adal empire era to date.
Some of these clans now became Oromo or Anfar or joined some other Clans.
Samaroon is one subclan of Ali Madaluug (called Gadubiirsi) after Ali comes then siciid there are 3 Siciid subclans Samaroon Siciid, Goobe Siciid & Jibraaciin Siciid.
In Madaluug Dir there are 8 other subclans and they're.
Ahmed Madaluug Dir
Hasan Madaluug Dir
Jire Madaluug Dir
Irablle Madaluug Dir
Geelwaaqlle Madaluug Dir
Huseen Madaluug Dir
Garhajis Madaluug Dir
Isaaq Madaluug Dir.

Each of these clans have dozens of subclans and each subclan has more subsubclans of their own.
Samaroon is a subsubclan of Ali Madaluug Dir called Samaroon Siciid.
Most of Samaroons have 0 knowledge about these Clans, they live in Djibouti, Ethiopia and Somaliland.

In another Shuban thread by our resident, Mangaab, Cuqdad ridden conspiracist nutcase, you join in by criticising Samaron?

Btw, some of the Mandalug in Galbeed and the South actually Abtirsi to Samaron so it ain't that B&W.

I told you before, if you are gonna say something, or ask a Q about us and our Reer Waqooyi kin in general, please be selective about where and when you say it. The Politics and FKD sections is used by most not for information sharing but mainly to score points. Get with the program man!

Most of the Madaluug are very large but very dispersed. It would be very good for them to come back to their original homeland. They're so out of place in Southern Somalia and are pretty much foreigners. They're a farming community like the Samaroon so their culture would fit in perfectly plus they're demeanour is quiet, passive and cool headed just like their brothers in the North. They would fit perfectly.
Nah bro, they are mainly Geeljires from Galbeed all the way to Jubooyinka.

For these who say awdal is not supporting SL. BORAMA IS THE ONLY SOMALI TOWN THAT ALL DIASPORA SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO. A FAMILY OF MY RELATIVES MOVED TO IT FROM UK FOR IT'S GOOD SCHOOLS AND NOW THEY LIVE IN CAIRO. FAMILIES OF DAAROOD STUDENTS ARE LEAVING NOW TO JIGJIGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bruh what the f*ck are you talking about. We don't border no Madaluug Dir. Kulaha marginalised. You don't even know where they live... they live in Southern Galbeed and the South mostly amongst Surre and Biimaal.

@anonimo educate your boy
Some of my qaraabo have mandalug mothers they live with us OG from galbeed to jubaland to garissa. They’re pretty much like family to us I found out recently they’re related to samaroon.

Awdalite

Araabi
That's true, but Bixi will not be here forever sxb, Somaliland is not Djibouti. There are now 13 new political parties running for the leadership, Ahmed Ismail Samatar is also a candidate.

Anyone can lead Somaliland.

Biixi reversed Somaliland back 20 years. He single handedly destroyed the legacy of every previous President since Tuur. I can confidently say this is the worst state that SL has been since the peace process. Biixi will always be remembered as the President who lost Laascaanood which is ironic consideringhow he likes to portray himself as a saviour of Somaliland. Laascaanood is gone for good. I doubt it'll ever come back and if it does, it will be their choice. The best thing to do is focus on what remains and get rid of Biixi before he ruins the rest of the country.

Absolutely. I've heard some even assimilated into other clans for survival. This would never happened if we had stepped in and taken them back in.

Awdalite

Araabi
Absolutely. I've heard some even assimilated into other clans for survival. This would never happened if we had stepped in and taken them back in.

There is an Ogaden subclan called Madaluug that live in the exact same area where the Madaluug live now. That can't be a coincidence

In another Shuban thread by our resident, Mangaab, Cuqdad ridden conspiracist nutcase, you join in by criticising Samaron?

Btw, some of the Mandalug in Galbeed and the South actually Abtirsi to Samaron so it ain't that B&W.

I told you before, if you are gonna say something, or ask a Q about us and our Reer Waqooyi kin in general, please be selective about where and when you say it. The Politics and FKD sections is used by most not for information sharing but mainly to score points. Get with the program man!
There's clans called Angoolle, Xeeble and Reer Nuur that live in Dollow but own large farms West of Beledweyn who are 20k+ strong.

Might also explain why resident @The Midlands got an axe to grind with us :icon lol: :icon lol:

Last edited:
There's clans called Angoolle, Xeeble and Reer Nuur that live in Dollow but own large farms West of Beledweyn who are 20k+ strong.

Might also explain why resident @The Midlands got an axe to grind with us :icon lol: :icon lol:
Nah, the Cuqdad runs deeper than that. Allow him to vent and Qarax Bax as it is good for his mental health.

Word of advice to you and @Araabi , don't be quick to shit on Isaaqs cos you are all being tarred with the same brush by some. Nonetheless, what is being said in a random forum is meaningless, but in the real world, you all have to be smarter than the 80s when you had bad relations with the Isaaq and Ciise. You were left high and dry without heavy weaponry or supplies by the Kacaanka SNA forces when they left Awdal after Siad Barre abandoned Mogadishu.

I don't know why this has not been moved to FKD considering the Qabilist nature of the thread.

Last edited:
Nah, the Cuqdad runs deeper than that. Allow him to vent and Qarax Bax as it is good for his mental health.

Word of advice to you and @Araabi , don't be quick to shit on Isaaqs cos you are all being tarred with the same brush by some. Nonetheless, what is being said in a random forum is meaningless, but in the real world, you all have to be smarter than the 80s when you had bad relations with the Isaaq and Ciise, and were left high and dry without heavy weaponry or supplies by the retreating Kacaanka forces.

I don't know why this has not been moved to FKD considering the Qabilist nature of the thread.
The midlands is not wrong though 😂 how would you feel if a clan that lives inside you and were your Quranic teachers start creating their own rules that will affect you? This is what caused the mass migration of shekhaal from places like dhagaxbuur into raaso. He has a problem with Djibouti trying to meddle in his degaan while helping your people.

The midlands is not wrong though 😂 how would you feel if a clan that lives inside you and were your Quranic teachers start creating their own rules that will affect you? This is what caused the mass migration of shekhaal from places like dhagaxbuur into raaso. He has a problem with Djibouti trying to meddle in his degaan while helping your people.
Hello Mr HiiloQuran! Still smarting I see...

Now please:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That's insulting. You're equating my political savviness with old age :stressed:
It's not common for someone young to be politically savvy. It's even rarer among Beesha Samaroon, no offence but those in the west are usually politically disinterested/apathetic, unaware or maintain some sense of neutrality/naivety. This outlook is only disrupted upon entering certain niche online spaces like FKD/Politics. You won't find most of them here and if they have their stint they quickly retire.​
I'm afraid I don't have any unmarried uncles I'm aware of except for the ones back home who are digging Buuraha for minerals. :tocry:
:ohdamn:I'll pass on digging for Emeralds. As I prefer not to get my hands dirty.
:trumpsmirk: So, unless they are Professor Beyle's son I will have to respectfully decline.​

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi

Word of advice to you and @Araabi , don't be quick to shit on Isaaqs cos you are all being tarred with the same brush by some. Nonetheless, what is being said in a random forum is meaningless, but in the real world, you all have to be smarter than the 80s when you had bad relations with the Isaaq and Ciise. You were left high and dry without heavy weaponry or supplies by the Kacaanka SNA forces when they left Awdal after Siad Barre abandoned Mogadishu.

@anonimo

You're absolutely right, it's unfortunate that some Reer Awdal are still stuck in the 90's and the politics of those times. We're maturing politically now and we know that Siad Barre used some of us to attack our neighbours when relations soured between him and the Isaaq. Some of us are still stuck in the 80's and 90's politics but the reality is that nobody harmed us more than the regime of Siad Barre. They got some of us to become enemies with our neighbours when we should have stayed neutral at the least. We will not forget the harm caused by that regime. The Somalia era (1960-1990) was the worst era for the non Darood clans. Ironically it was the Dhulbahante and the Gadabursi who didn't want to reunite with the south after independence from Britain, it was the Isaaq that pushed for reunification. In the 60's, it was the Isaaq who were the most pro Somaliweyne clan. Interesting how things have changed. But I guarantee you times have changed and geographically speaking we are stuck with the Isaaq and we have an understanding. We can't go back to the Somalia days ever again.

Things have changed a lot, we have good relations with the Isaaq today generally speaking. Some social media influencers don't change reality on the ground.

@anonimo

You're absolutely right, it's unfortunate that some Reer Awdal are still stuck in the 90's and the politics of those times. We're maturing politically now and we know that Siad Barre used some of us to attack our neighbours when relations soured between him and the Isaaq. Some of us are still stuck in the 80's and 90's politics but the reality is that nobody harmed us more than the regime of Siad Barre. They got some of us to become enemies with our neighbours when we should have stayed neutral at the least. We will not forget the harm caused by that regime. The Somalia era (1960-1990) was the worst era for the non Darood clans. Ironically it was the Dhulbahante and the Gadabursi who didn't want to reunite with the south after independence from Britain, it was the Isaaq that pushed for reunification. In the 60's, it was the Isaaq who were the most pro Somaliweyne clan. Interesting how things have changed. But I guarantee you times have changed and geographically speaking we are stuck with the Isaaq and we have an understanding. We can't go back to the Somalia days ever again.

Things have changed a lot, we have good relations with the Isaaq today generally speaking. Some social media influencers don't change reality on the ground.
Sorry to interject but are you an Issaq sheegad or do you have Issaq relatives? You never attacked anyone, you were always the victims. SNM were attacking your people even as early as 1981? They even worked with Ethiopians who bombed children in Awdal. I am not shilling for the Kacaan or Siad Barre but you are kissing Issaq feet right now with how you are speaking. If you are happy with being a Somalilander now then no one has the right to force you to do something you do not want or form your own state but acknowledge the mistakes of the past and what happened instead of minimizing or maximizing them. It's the only way to move forward or Somalis will be stuck in this perpetual cycle

As for the attacks pre-1988 on Awdal by the SNM - all of this has been documented by released CIA documents.

Trending

Latest posts