Bleaching, lightness and representation among Somalis

We should definitely limit the exposure of lightskin women because bleaching is very harmful, it can cause dangerous health issues. Lightskin women can get a platform again when the beauty standards have changed back home, that beauty standard is lightskin.

Unfortunately the beauty standard is not going to change anytime soon, what we need to stop bleaching is for the ulama to declare it haram. Bleaching is basically like tattoos, it should be haram.
shut up man, and stop policing women.

They all look very and I mean very Somali. You’ll see them and think nothing else but Somali.
1661816797859.png

1661816930194.png

Hibaq jama looks very typically Somali (and beautiful M'A) she has the classic bone structure

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
They all look very and I mean very Somali. You’ll see them and think nothing else but Somali.
First one looks like mystery meat, second looks black, third one looks southern yemeni or one of those sudan Arabs. Only the second and fourth look Somali

I think bleaching has become so rampant that people now accuse any light skin Somali girl of bleaching.

Do you lot look at light skin Somali girls and automatically assume of the bat that she has bleached?

If Somalia was to have a thriving film/presenting industry do you think lighter skinned women should get less representation, even if they’re naturally light skin?

@Keep it a boqol 💯 @Nilotic @Roorigeg @Qeelbax @Aurelian

If I’m back home at xamar, I automatically assume they be bleaching first until proven otherwise.

In the UK I assume the opposite.

Film representation I don’t really have an opinion, if the film bangs I don’t give af if the person is blick or sickly white.

First two look Latina, wouldn't surprise me if the third was North Sudanese or Habesha, fourth guy looks Yemeni & the last guy looks he's Paki or something.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Those who lighten their skin do so unfortunately because of poor marriage prospects. It doesn't have to do with self esteem in general. They do so to find a husband. Racism in the Muslim community is the worst.

Black women, especially Black Muslim women, don't have it good when it comes to finding a partner and that just makes it even harder.

Being more masculine-like is the second reason.

Question to forum:

Am I wrong in having a lower opinion of men that bleach? Someone told me that I was being too judgemental when I said that men that do that are weak and weird.

Question to forum:

Am I wrong in having a lower opinion of men that bleach? Someone told me that I was being too judgemental when I said that men that do that are weak and weird.
I don’t blame you. The times I’ve seen black people bleach online were overwhelming gay

except for Sammy Sosa but he’s Latino so i kinda let it slide

Trending