Biggest shame of somalis in UAE

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
There's actually a lot of Somalis all over the Khaleej that have the citizenship. I personally know some with UAE, Saudi and Qatari citizeships. They're all living like kings and queens wallahi.
They assimilate extremely well into the gulf arab culture and abandon their somali identity.
Of course they are a some families that do hold it. But most Somalis in uae left for western countries in the 90s. The Somalis that stayed behind in uae where either still have somali passport or have uae one (rare)

also non Emiratis need to work in order to stay in the country I’m pretty sure

There's actually a lot of Somalis all over the Khaleej that have the citizenship. I personally know some with UAE, Saudi and Qatari citizeships. They're all living like kings and queens wallahi.
They assimilate extremely well into the gulf arab culture and abandon their somali identity.
That's actually not true. Most Somalis that live in the UAE don't have any citizenship. In order to live there you need a residence visa (Iqama) and that's what most Somalis have. The one's that do have UAE citizenship are those who either obtained it before they rejected it or those married to Emirati men. It's not just the UAE but the other Gulf countries like Saudi, Kuwait and others.

Of course they are a some families that do hold it. But most Somalis in uae left for western countries in the 90s. The Somalis that stayed behind in uae where either still have somali passport or have uae one (rare)

also non Emiratis need to work in order to stay in the country I’m pretty sure
did u live in the UAE before? You know a lot about it

That's actually not true. Most Somalis that live in the UAE don't have any citizenship. In order to live there you need a residence visa (Iqama) and that's what most Somalis have. The one's that do have UAE citizenship are those who either obtained it before they rejected it or those married to Emirati men. It's not just the UAE but the other Gulf countries like Saudi, Kuwait and others.

Of course most Somalis in the UAE don't have the citizenship...but some do, I personally know of one family. There's much more Somalis with Saudi and Kuwaiti citizenship though.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
did u live in the UAE before? You know a lot about it
Yeah my dad use to work at Abu Dhabi so I lived with him for over a year there
Elaborate on your experience in oman
sxb it’s just all around better. The local people are much nicer and the country is filled with rich history unlike uae where everything is artificial. Oman in general is all around chill and laid back. I just liked the vibe there even tho it was only for 6 months. I also met a lot somalis who hold Omani citizenship

The poor living conditions for the many labours and maids and the treatment that they get is one of my biggest dislikes about living there. The drastic difference in living standards and seeing young people who should have been in uni working in harsh conditions depressed me. I wish things could be better in their home countries so that they wouldn't have to risk traveling to foreign countries for shitty jobs but then you can't blame them.

Same here. Where did you live ?

the Emiratis treat anyone non Emirati like shit esp the Indians.

I didn’t like how they had the whole superiority complex going :francis:

I enjoyed my time in Oman alot more

I lived in Sharjah before I left, although I have also lived in both Dubai and Ajman.

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
So here's the thing, in UAE somalis are not allowed to work as housemaids. You legally can not work as a housemaid in UAE if you're somali. Its the same for arabs. People who work those jobs are indonesians, ethopians , filipinos, and other west africans and south east asians. What happens to these workers is that they are like slaves basically. They work long hours without rest cleaning a huge ass house, cleaning tons of dishes, taking care of kids etc. Its said that the houseowners cant even stand seeing a maid rest, and would give her a job. They are also tortured, mostly filipinos. There are horrific stories out there, from getting burned, to making the maids naked then dipping them in ICE while blasting AC full on. Not to mention the beatings. Now this is the reality of a maid in UAE.

Somali women are migrating there illegally and sometimes legally to work those maid jobs that they are not even allowed to work. Whats worse is somalis are getting hired by people who dont want to pay the high salary of getting a southeast asian maid legally. So they get paid less to do much worse. A lot of them get caught and deported for working as maids. They still degrade themselves by doing it. These guys even decided to get rid of the privileges by asking our government to negotiate with UAE to make working as maids legal for somalis. Why are somalis doing this to themselves? Is the poverty back in the country that bad? Where is our pride?

We need to stop our image from getting worse.
Wow. I lived in Abu-Dhabi as a young kid and did not know about this. This is an excellent law and one the few things I could get behind with the UAE. We Somalis are noble and very much respected. Despite our hate for Arabs, they really do not mess with Somalis; our grudge stems from some of us BEGGING their Culture And traditions which is not their fault but OURS.

I heard a story that relates to this. There was an Emirati Arab that once called a Somali “Abeed” and the Somali beat him unconscious with injuries. In the courts, he was found NOT guilty due to the disprespect he received and the judge sided with the Somali.

Shame to the pathetic TRASH that do and apply for these jobs walahi, trying to tarnish our name. If you have to do it, Work for a Somali family. They have 0 business trying to go to the UAE with no qualifications and bringing ceeb to us, they could use that obscene amount of tahriib money to be a taxi driver etc in Hargeisa and make $600 a month which my driver did.

Wow. I lived in Abu-Dhabi as a young kid and did not know about this. This is an excellent law and one the few things I could get behind with the UAE. We Somalis are noble and very much respected. Despite our hate for Arabs, they really do not mess with Somalis; our grudge stems from some of us BEGGING their Culture And traditions which is not their fault but OURS.

I heard a story that relates to this. There was an Emirati Arab that once called a Somali “Abeed” and the Somali beat him unconscious with injuries. In the courts, he was found NOT guilty due to the disprespect he received and the judge sided with the Somali.

Shame to the pathetic TRASH that do and apply for these jobs walahi, trying to tarnish our name. If you have to do it, Work for a Somali family. They have 0 business trying to go to the UAE with no qualifications and bringing ceeb to us, they could use that obscene amount of tahriib money to be a taxi driver etc in Hargeisa and make $600 a month which my driver did.

People hate on the UAE for the whole port thing which is understandable. But this is recent and uae has respected somalis since forever. There are many stories like that present. Once when the founder of UAE was alive, an emirati accused somalis of eating the brains of livestock. The somali went and beat the hell out of him. The founder said, leave the guy alone he was disrespected, its the fault of the emirati guy for making lies about somalis.

A relative of mine once got into a fight with this secret police dude. I dont remember all the details but i guess the guy said something and spit on the ground near the car of my relative while they were waiting for the light to turn green in traffic. My relative went ahead and beat the guy up until his face was covered with blood. They took him to the station but the guy he beat up said its all my fault. The police looked at him, told him somalis are crazy and let him go. Another time he broke the hand of one emirati dude, he was let go that time as well.

People hate on the UAE for the whole port thing which is understandable. But this is recent and uae has respected somalis since forever. There are many stories like that present. Once when the founder of UAE was alive, an emirati accused somalis of eating the brains of livestock. The somali went and beat the hell out of him. The founder said, leave the guy alone he was disrespected, its the fault of the emirati guy for making lies about somalis.

A relative of mine once got into a fight with this secret police dude. I dont remember all the details but i guess the guy said something and spit on the ground near the car of my relative while they were waiting for the light to turn green in traffic. My relative went ahead and beat the guy up until his face was covered with blood. They took him to the station but the guy he beat up said its all my fault. The police looked at him, told him somalis are crazy and let him go. Another time he broke the hand of one emirati dude, he was let go that time as well.
Whats the status of somalis there today? I mean the ones that work good jobs?

Trending

Latest posts