Big Somali bank uses Arab woman in advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was on Facebook and saw an ad that I would like to share. However, I would like to add some context first.

Background info:

Premier Bank, one of Somalia's largest banking providers and the only Mastercard provider in the nation has been utilising social media heavily for its advertising campaign. Somalis both inside and outside the nation, such as myself have been targeted by these ads.

What is controversial is who is on these ads.

43363548_1976347812429889_9099465580439666688_n.jpg

Judgement:

The advertisement does not even have a Somali Arab let alone an actual ethnic Somali on its advertisements. Instead, it is using a Khaleeji woman in order to advertise a vital consumer product to the Somali community.

This is shown in other adverts....

43040046_1969291853135485_885400713432137728_n.jpg

Here is the link for more adverts...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/premierbankso/photos/?ref=page_internal

Somalis, especially religious ones, lick Ayrab ass. Bootyclap for them. Everyone knows this.

I personally don't mind Arab people but this is not acceptable.

Advertising with different ethnicities than those already residing in Somalia should be heavily discouraged. Impressionable Somali women (ages 9-18) that look at this will be indoctrinated into believing they're uglier than Somalis.

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
What happened to us. We were proud of our image in the 80s and 70s. Now look at us
upload_2018-10-8_19-48-45.jpeg

Would an arab company ever use a Somali model to advertise their bank? Never. This is sad.

Yeah, but be fair. Arabs using a dark skin model gain absolutely nothing from it. They only stand to potentially lose. Vice versa it's at least open for debate

If you go on their Facebook page, you can see the difference between what are clearly stock images and these photos.

That is why I provided the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts