Berbers used to get purchased by Spaniards

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
LvFomoQ.png

This is why you will find 60% of Canary Islanders being European of origin but around 20% sharing ancestry with Berbers.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Berbers are weak people who got invaded and fucked over by everyone from Romans to Arabs.
It's because truly they are not one people but multiple peoples who speak different languages who all fall under same Berber language tree. For example did you know many Arabs traded in Berber slaves and most Emirs had Berber slave mothers.

Is this the same thing as "Abyssinnian slaves" which was basically Bantu people that were captured inland and then sold by Ethiopians?

Like the Black people in India who are called "Habshi" but they're Bantu and not Habashi.

I bet the "berber slaves" are people that were caught and sold by the Berbers and not actually Berber.

CaliTedesse

VIP
upload_2019-8-4_23-23-10.png

First Emir of Cordoba and member of Ummayad Dynasty, Abd Al-Rahman l also had a slave (concubine) Berber mother.

Al-Mansur, second caliph of Abbasid Caliphate also had a Berber slave mother.

Al-Mansur was born at the home of the Abbasid family in Humeima (modern-day Jordan) after their emigration from the Hejaz in 714 (95 AH). His father, Muhammad, was reputedly a great-grandson of Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib, the youngest uncle of Mohammad. His mother, as described in the 14th-century Moroccan historical work Rawd al-Qirtas, was one Sallama, "a Berber slave woman given to his father. He reigned from Dhu al-Hijjah 136 AH until Dhu al-Hijjah 158 AH (754 – 775). He ruled for nine days less than twenty-two years.

Is this the same thing as "Abyssinnian slaves" which was basically Bantu people that were captured inland and then sold by Ethiopians?

Like the Black people in India who are called "Habshi" but they're Bantu and not Habashi.

I bet the "berber slaves" are people that were caught and sold by the Berbers and not actually Berber.
Actual Abyssinian’s were enslaved, here’s a shipment of Oromo slaves en route to Arabia
F0F5EF5B-3BD1-4D8A-9A86-523FB40DF40F.jpeg

Berbers are weak people who got invaded and fucked over by everyone from Romans to Arabs.
Nah they actually fought back against every invader but it was an uphioll battle. How do u expect desert nomads to defeat roman legions or Ottomans lol.

Actual Abyssinian’s were enslaved, here’s a shipment of Oromo slaves en route to Arabia
View attachment 76733
lol those aren't Oromos they're from pagan tribes. It was against the law for an Ethiopian to sell a Christian or Muslim. They only targeted populations from the south such as Omotes and Nilotes. The very few Oromos sold were Oromos that weren't either Christian or Muslim.

World

VIP
lol those aren't Oromos they're from pagan tribes. It was against the law for an Ethiopian to sell a Christian or Muslim. They only targeted populations from the south such as Omotes and Nilotes. The very few Oromos sold were Oromos that weren't either Christian or Muslim.
Why can’t Oromos be from pagan tribes? You do realise that the traditional Oromo religion is waaq, and most Oromos worshipped waaq until the late 19th century? The Muslims tribes in eastern oromia only started converting around the time Egyptians occupier Harar. And the western Oromos are not Ethiopian orthodox but Protestant and were waaq worshippers until European missionaries came.

Christians had no qualms enslaving Muslims, they even enslaved Somalis.

Hardly any omotes in Ethiopia, and they are very isolated. And nilotes don’t live in Ethiopia.

Why can’t Oromos be from pagan tribes?
That's what I meant when I said Oromos that were neither Christian or Muslim. I agree.

Christians had no qualms enslaving Muslims, they even enslaved Somalis.
True but at a certain point when trade was beginning to improve between the Christian kindoms and the sultanates slavers tended to avoid enslaving Christians and Muslims.

Hardly any omotes in Ethiopia, and they are very isolated. And nilotes don’t live in Ethiopia.
Nope. Many Nilotes live in Southwestern Ethiopia and were called "barya" by the xabesha, which meant slave or 'black' person. The omotes who live in the South were targeted too. lol xabeshas didn't sell themselves to Arabs dude.

People from the islands other than tenerife and gran canaria have more N african blood, many having more than a lot of people in morocco and algeria for example. The original people from tenerife and gran canaria all went to puerto rico cuba and venezuela. Their culture is still existing especially in la gomera. Individual Berbers/N africans have been enslaved but no major tribe en masse. Somalis use more arabic words in their speech than many of us, for example.

Berbers mostly resisted Roman/Byzanatine imperialism then mostly VOLUNTARILY became Muslims and those nomadic clans still maintained indeoendence from Bani Umaaya and later on completely free from Baghdaad

People from the islands other than tenerife and gran canaria have more N african blood, many having more than a lot of people in morocco and algeria for example. The original people from tenerife and gran canaria all went to puerto rico cuba and venezuela. Their culture is still existing especially in la gomera. Individual Berbers/N africans have been enslaved but no major tribe en masse. Somalis use more arabic words in their speech than many of us, for example.

Are you Amazigh?:hmm:

Trending