Believe it, it's Hargeisa

There isnt really much city planning going on in Somalia tbf so they both have large areas that follow principles of urbanism and parts that fly in the opposite direction.

Newer developments in Somalia and africa as a whole push more for the american suburban dream with big walls to form an estate. Anyone whos been to America knows its really a hellscape past the east coast because of single use developments.

Theres a reason people visit old european cities but you never hear of tourism in Oklahoma city or Pheonix Arizona.

Never really got into it havent played video games in many years either. Ill try the new one coming up
Somali homes today have no space or backyard like the old muqdisho l. I agree with you the wall to wall concept is ugly but it has to do with land being solid.

Somalis need to live closer together because we are socially so discerning of one another and that has had negative implications vis-à-vis social cohesion. So much research has been done that shows building residential homes closer together increases the level of social cohesion in society. It also reduces the incident of crime because there are so many witnesses nearby to any criminal offense being committed such as theft, burglaries. If Hargeisa continues to build like this it could have a beautiful community that is perhaps the most cohesive in all of Somaliweyn.

part of the rise of collectivist ideals on the European continent was and is due to the style of homes they live in. Most are apartments, townhouses and semi-detached homes. People who live like that tend to be inclined towards collectivist ideals whilst those who live in detached homes separate from their neighbors tend to be more individualistic. The latter results in a more unequal society whilst the former makes society more equal in terms of income and wealth. But hey, if you want me to talk to you about architecture and politics in the modern world you’ll have to subscribe to my YouTube channel and become a patron
Not a smart idea to build apartment blocks in this country, wouldn't trust construction companies to build long-lasting durable buildings.

Its $200k+

You can buy land in Masalaha for $20k and build a house just like that and it cost somewhere around $90-120k.

Anyways its good to see abtiyaal building up their areas, I remember when the East was rural a decade ago
The cheapest plot in Masalaha waa $35k and above, also $90k will not build you a two story villa with 7 bedrooms. I think $275k is very reasonable price, central, gas, water, electricity systems and malls, schools, hospital, pharmacy, masjid etc, 10 mins from Egal airport.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
The cheapest plot in Masalaha waa $35k and above, also $90k will not build you a two story villa with 7 bedrooms. I think $275k is very reasonable price, central, gas, water, electricity systems and malls, schools, hospital, pharmacy, masjid etc, 10 mins from Egal airport.
Guryo-samo mall?

Trending