Believe it, it's Hargeisa

Well done to the locals for the effort.

With due considerations in terms of architecturally, aesthetically, environmentally, safety, and horticulturally awful. We are not Hong Kong, do have plenty of land, do not have to live upon one another, and could much better.
Somalis need to live closer together because we are socially so discerning of one another and that has had negative implications vis-Γ -vis social cohesion. So much research has been done that shows building residential homes closer together increases the level of social cohesion in society. It also reduces the incident of crime because there are so many witnesses nearby to any criminal offense being committed such as theft, burglaries. If Hargeisa continues to build like this it could have a beautiful community that is perhaps the most cohesive in all of Somaliweyn.

part of the rise of collectivist ideals on the European continent was and is due to the style of homes they live in. Most are apartments, townhouses and semi-detached homes. People who live like that tend to be inclined towards collectivist ideals whilst those who live in detached homes separate from their neighbors tend to be more individualistic. The latter results in a more unequal society whilst the former makes society more equal in terms of income and wealth. But hey, if you want me to talk to you about architecture and politics in the modern world you’ll have to subscribe to my YouTube channel and become a patron

Somalis need to live closer together because we are socially so discerning of one another and that has had negative implications vis-Γ -vis social cohesion. So much research has been done that shows building residential homes closer together increases the level of social cohesion in society. It also reduces the incident of crime because there are so many witnesses nearby to any criminal offense being committed such as theft, burglaries. If Hargeisa continues to build like this it could have a beautiful community that is perhaps the most cohesive in all of Somaliweyn.

part of the rise of collectivist ideals on the European continent was and is due to the style of homes they live in. Most are apartments, townhouses and semi-detached homes. People who live like that tend to be inclined towards collectivist ideals whilst those who live in detached homes separate from their neighbors tend to be more individualistic. The latter results in a more unequal society whilst the former makes society more equal in terms of income and wealth. But hey, if you want me to talk to you about architecture and politics in the modern world you’ll have to subscribe to my YouTube channel and become a patron
Keep in mind, it is less than <= 1% of the population, and I am being conservative in my estimation, mostly of the diaspora, which could afford these houses. That might apply to Europeans, but ours is by nature an egalitarian society, and if one go back to nomadic life, one discovers even a single 'beel' of extended families, keep their distance.
Medium - High Density housing > Suburban low density sprawl
Could you elaborate, and give examples of where the former is better than the latter?

Keep in mind, it is less than <= 1% of the population, and I am being conservative in my estimation, mostly of the diaspora, which could afford these houses. That might apply to Europeans, but ours is by nature an egalitarian society, and if one go back to nomadic life, one discovers even a single 'beel' of extended families, keep their distance.
That’s part of the problem though. The keeping of distance. In a way social trends of urbanization in Somalia. One benefit of civil war is that it has accelerated urbanisation in Somalia and subsequently led to the development of the state. As people in cities have no option but to work with each other for their own collective interests.

Sure if you wanna do research look up urbanism, suburban sprawl, mixed use development, single use development, walkability etc.

Reer Mogadishu did well building up instead of out.
Am confused bro how are reer muqdisho building up? Are they doing mostly 2 story homes unlike reer hargeisa who build flat homes?

Somalia has some of the worst construction companies. Most boring basic designs. If you see the kind of housing developments they build in Kenya or Uganda, you would be amazed.

Somalia has some of the worst construction companies. Most boring basic designs. If you see the kind of housing developments they build in Kenya or Uganda, you would be amazed.
I agree with you just look at this homes below average price is $70-120k.

IMG_3083.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

IMG_3081.jpeg

IMG_3080.jpeg

IMG_3078.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

homes for the same price of $70-$120k in other countries.

IMG_3084.jpeg

IMG_3085.jpeg

IMG_3086.jpeg

IMG_3087.jpeg

Who is doing this to us ? Why are we paying 100-200k for homes that look like $30k.:jcoleno:

I agree with you just look at this homes below average price is $70-120k.

View attachment 285110
View attachment 285111
View attachment 285112
View attachment 285113
View attachment 285114
View attachment 285115

homes for the same price of $70-$120k in other countries.

View attachment 285116
View attachment 285117
View attachment 285118
View attachment 285119
Who is doing this to us ? Why are we paying 100-200k for homes that look like $30k.:jcoleno:

Two factors. 1. Supply and demand. 2. Lack of regulations.

What do you mean by supply and demand? Regulations don’t matter look Kenya for example nobody regulates the design. it’s the somali builders who are doing this because they want quick cash.

I was speaking on prices, rather than designs. Supply and demand refers to how there aren't enough properties on the market nor active construction to match the demand of the ever-growing Somali population, especially the rapid growth of urbanization, since this is mainly a phenomenon amongst reer magaal. It's the reason why you'll find cheaper properties in Nairobi than say Jigjiga.

Regulation doesn't exist in most third world countries, but it could be implemented to prevent people from taking advantage of the current real estate market and engaging in price gouging. Also, qurbo joogs are making it more unaffordable for locals by outbidding them and severely rising real estate prices from their reach.

Somali are so low Iq. Were so focused on luxury and how others see us. I wish we learned how to invest in each other and put education on a pedestal. Decades and were still in the same place economically but with insanely overpriced houses with No affordable living. Imagine looking going on balcony and you cab see people living in poverty. Prophet Muhammad sws said He is not a believer whose stomach is full while the neighbor to his side is starving. Let’s learn from others and lets do the hard things, they will make us better economically and religiously.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Am confused bro how are reer muqdisho building up? Are they doing mostly 2 story homes unlike reer hargeisa who build flat homes?
There isnt really much city planning going on in Somalia tbf so they both have large areas that follow principles of urbanism and parts that fly in the opposite direction.

Newer developments in Somalia and africa as a whole push more for the american suburban dream with big walls to form an estate. Anyone whos been to America knows its really a hellscape past the east coast because of single use developments.

Theres a reason people visit old european cities but you never hear of tourism in Oklahoma city or Pheonix Arizona.
I've been playing Cities Skylines for a while so i'm always fascinated by this High density, low density commercial/residential etc things lmao
Never really got into it havent played video games in many years either. Ill try the new one coming up

Trending