Barkhad Abdi's net worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when Lupita got her Oscars, everyone was happy for her. She played a slave, imagine if a Somali played a slave, emphasis on PLAYED. This ape @Morphius would be first in line to insult them even if it was acting. The concept of success is limited in Somalis because the moment they venture outside the tiny barriers of social norm they get insulted for it.

Somalis are dream killers - Hodan Nalayeh

Dont you guys belittle @Morphius he is 100% right, I don't care about Lupita Nyongo or how others reacted to her. I do not grade what we do by what they do.

If you haven't notice there is a criteria Somali actors must meet in order to get an award or a movie spot from the master. You can play an Abwaan or a Heroic Scientist, but you will not win for that. Your reward comes from doing what? Being a gangsta, being a prostitute, a gay teen, being the help, Being the baby mamma, being an fgm victim, being skinny, a famine victim, a jihadist, being the white mans lackey, a Somali Warlord (Black Hawk Down) a Pirate (Captain Phillips), playing the part of a sell out Somali

This doesn't matter to some of you who are so desperate to be loved, so desperate to be integrated, so in need of a paycheck in a system design to write you out of history, you will sing, dance, applaud your own demise.

Somalis are indifferent to their misrepresentation - Geeljire

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts