Barkhad Abdi's net worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Barkhad Said no to his original cut for filming Captain Philips and say he wants 3% of what the movie brings in as Salary

The director just wanted good Somali actors, so he gave the jobs to Barkhad and his friends, and the auditions where taken right next to their residence. If Barkhad ever requested 3%, then they would've took his name off the list and give the role to someone else. He's in no position to request that, he's replaceable.

He starred in Eye in the Sky alongside Helen Mirren and Aaron Paul. He also starred in Hawaii 5-0 and Family Guy. He has two films in post-production and is about to film alongside Uma Thurman. Don't be a hater, mate.

I said ONE MAJOR MOVIE, which might explain why he barely has any coins. I wasnt being a hater.

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

This guy has a bright future in Hollywood.

Bright future in Hollywood, really? I like him but lets be real, he may get parts here and there but he's roles are very limited, if that makes any sense. He was lucky to even be nominated for the academy awards.

McD30

Bored to death
I remember when Lupita got her Oscars, everyone was happy for her. She played a slave, imagine if a Somali played a slave, emphasis on PLAYED. This ape @Morphius would be first in line to insult them even if it was acting. The concept of success is limited in Somalis because the moment they venture outside the tiny barriers of social norm they get insulted for it.

Somalis are dream killers - Hodan Nalayeh

Bright future in Hollywood, really? I like him but lets be real, he may get parts here and there but he's roles are very limited, if that makes any sense. He was lucky to even be nominated for the academy awards.
I understand where you coming from, but the guy has a foot in now and can always build on his acting as he goes.

:camby:Barkhad Abdi is an insult bro

Look all over the Internet :camby:they use this nigga to trash us

Finally someone who gets it.

It seems as Somali people we have become happy with a very low threshold.

So if they throw one or two people from Somalia at the screen we are cool. If a guy related to us plays pirate or a warlord, a hoodie, jihadist that is okay -- he is Somali. That's the standard of "Okay."

Well it isn't okay. To say we have "Somali actors" has no meaning if they repeat the negative, degrading agenda of Western cinema.

When people do not know themselves, you can show them Somali actors in a monkey suit throwing bananas at the audience and they will be given a standing ovation.:snoop:

Last edited:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
You guys are a bunch of haters.
For a person who never acted before Captain Phillips and that was his first movie he's doing pretty great for himself. Most of you are probably on government hand out. :camby:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
You guys are a bunch of haters.
For a person who never acted before Captain Phillips and that was his first movie he's doing pretty great for himself. Most of you are probably on government hand out. :camby:
Garacad boy was the biggest bum in the movie:gnzbryw:
His potna was straight shooter thoe:gunsmiley:
My nigga was ready to ready to ride:cryinglaughsmiley:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
You niggas are melodramatic af, allow his looks this nigga pushing work and inspiring Somalis to take up acting/directing.
First Somali to win a BAFTA and he's only getting started we should be backing him not doing the opposite :uCkf6mf:

Hater_8bb434_565124.jpg

:comeon: criticism = hate apparently

Yes, Let him do his and get ahead but Why do you people have to put this guy on a pedestal?? it's honestly embarrassing as shit to have him as "our guy" or "our biggest shit" or "our representative".

Let's just wait until our Lupita comes through and leave this guy be with his business. He isn't the one.

They need to get my boy on Game of Thrones. I been telling my niggas he'd be one scary ass motherfucker if they'd cast him as a White Walker. Perfect role for him.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
They need to get my boy on Game of Thrones. I been telling my niggas he'd be one scary ass motherfucker if they'd cast him as a White Walker. Perfect role for him.
A WHITE WALKER, NAH FAM. YOU NEED TO BE FUCKING BANNED :ftw9nwa: :yloezpe:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Ill be getting into acting soon, i'm gonna remember the losers here who hated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts