Bale Mountains in Oromia

Yes but the country or the kingdom went by two different names. In arab account you'd see them refer to the kingdom as either bilad a-zayla' or bilad-al-jabart.
Jeberti is the name of an area in zeila and sometimes for habesha converts but no Somali has been recorded as a Jabarti, Jabarti in Arabic Hebrew and Somali means slave (like Jibrail slave of God in hebrew)

Garaad diinle

 
Jeberti is the name of an area in zeila and sometimes for habesha converts but no Somali has been recorded as a Jabarti, Jabarti in Arabic Hebrew and Somali means slave (like Jibrail slave of God in hebrew)
Walaal if you're coming with a claim at the very least provide us with evidence. Jabarti means what? Can you refer me to any arabic dictionary where it says that?

Have you ever heard of Abd al-Rahman al-Jabarti? He is the famous egyptian historian who lived at the time when napoleon arrived in egypt. Here is his full abtiris according to him. By the way his ancestor originally lived in the horn around the time of futuh.

XFPfkB3.png

Notice the highlighted area where it says a-zayla'i al-jabarti. Now here is what he says about jabarti.

IwVfRrZ.png

And the country of jabarti is the the country of of zayla' in the lands of al-habasha.

Now here is an arabic explanation of what al-jabarti means.

85JAkk2.png

Jabarti: one of the biggest cities of al-habasha, found west of zayla' and it's people are muslims. And this name later on have been used to indicate all the muslim emirates in southern land of al-habasha, and finally now it's used to indicate all the muslims living in the land of habasha.

Hamzza

VIP
Have you ever heard of Abd al-Rahman al-Jabarti? He is the famous egyptian historian who lived at the time when napoleon arrived in egypt. Here is his full abtiris according to him. By the way his ancestor originally lived in the horn around the time of futuh.

XFPfkB3.png
Was the Sheikh Darood?

Garaad diinle

 
Was the Sheikh Darood?
It certainly could very well be the case but keep in mind that even garre say that they're caqiiliyon so it's up in the air. Abd al-Rahman al-Jabarti said that his fifth ancestor if i'm not mistaken made his way from the horn to al-hijaz to mecca al-mukarama.

There he worked and learned the diin and afterward he moved to egypt. His progeny would be the custodian or the care taker of riwaq al-jabarti or as it was also called riwaq a-zaylac in al-azhar. Abd al-Rahman al-Jabarti couldn't count beyond his fifth ancestor so we might never know unless some of his descendent does a dna test.

It certainly could very well be the case but keep in mind that even garre say that they're caqiiliyon so it's up in the air. Abd al-Rahman al-Jabarti said that his fifth ancestor if i'm not mistaken made his way from the horn to al-hijaz to mecca al-mukarama.

There he worked and learned the diin and afterward he moved to egypt. His progeny would be the custodian or the care taker of riwaq al-jabarti or as it was also called riwaq a-zaylac in al-azhar. Abd al-Rahman al-Jabarti couldn't count beyond his fifth ancestor so we might never know unless some of his descendent does a dna test.
Brother Diinle, none of those 18th century sheikhs like abdirahman jabarti are confirmed to be somalis, It just says al jabarti al zaylici alaqeeli he was a jabarti aqeeli from zeila he could be beja agaw rashaida or anyone else otherwise what is his subclan if he is Somali?

As far as I know, no Somali in the Samaale cleavege system went by Jeberti

Also the walashama family was founded by yusuf al knowneyn and he was a Somali in most records not a jeberti

Jeberti is literally a slur in Yemen and Somalia while also a meaning for Habesha converts, it may have also been used for even Afars too

Garaad diinle

 
Brother Diinle, none of those 18th century sheikhs like abdirahman jabarti are confirmed to be somalis, It just says al jabarti al zaylici alaqeeli he was a jabarti aqeeli from zeila he could be beja agaw rashaida or anyone else otherwise what is his subclan if he is Somali?

As far as I know, no Somali in the Samaale cleavege system went by Jeberti
We're just speculating here i honestly don't know myself. Walaal the man clearly said he came from the lands of zaylac how can their be beja, agaw or even rashaida there? There is no single historical record that indicate their presence in these area.

Generation wise his fifth ancestor lived around the end of futuh which explains why he went to mecca al-mukarama. He was avoiding the chaos that followed after the war ended. He literally said that he can't count beyond his fifth ancestor. All he knows is that he is an caqiili jabarti zaylaci from bilad a-zayla'. Him being somali is very possible.

Also the walashama family was founded by yusuf al knowneyn and he was a Somali in most records not a jeberti
Walaal the founder of the dynasty is called cumar dunya hus walashama his ancestor is yusuf al-Kawneyn Here is what al-maqrisi said about this dynasty.

J4WSiYn.png

Know that this state was founded by people from quraysh. There're some who say they're from bani abdidar and some say they are from bani hashim and then from caqiil ibn abi talib. Their predecessor came from hijaz to the land of jabart that we know today as jabart and it's from the land of zaylac and they settle and lived in the city of awfat "ifat" and a group of them became known for their good and piety until there were from them cumar who is said to be walashama and the heti allowed him to govern the city of awfat and collect it's tax.

The walashama literally were said by al-maqrizi to have settle the land of jabart. What would you call someone from these lands in arabic? You would give him the nisba al-jabarti just like how you would give the nismba al-misri to someone from misr also called egypt.

Jeberti is literally a slur in Yemen and Somalia while also a meaning for Habesha converts, it may have also been used for even Afars too
Yes jabarti is a slur in southern yemen but there are actual noble arab clans that are called jabarti in yemen, hijaz, eritrea sudan and egypt. Some of these jabarti families in yemen meet with somali jabarti somewhere in the family tree of caqiil. The three brothers hussain a-zaylaci, ahmed al-jabarti and the ancestor of darood somalis hashim are all descendent from ali zayan a-din.

Somali version.

Now wither this family tree is correct or not does not matter what matters is the name jabarti here isn't seen as a bad thing on the contrary it's seen as good thing.

Last edited:
We're just speculating here i honestly don't know myself. Walaal the man clearly said he came from the lands of zaylac how can their be beja, agaw or even rashaida there? There is no single historical record that indicate their presence in these area.

Generation wise his fifth ancestor lived around the end of futuh which explains why he went to mecca al-mukarama. He was avoiding the chaos that followed after the war ended. He literally said that he can't count beyond his fifth ancestor. All he knows is that he is an caqiili jabarti zaylaci from bilad a-zayla'. Him being somali is very possible.

Walaal the founder of the dynasty is called cumar dunya hus walashama his ancestor is yusuf al-Kawneyn Here is what al-maqrisi said about this dynasty.

J4WSiYn.png

Know that this state was founded by people from quraysh. There're some who say they're from bani abdidar and some say they are from bani hashim and then from caqiil ibn abi talib. Their predecessor came from hijaz to the land of jabart that we know today as jabart and it's from the land of zaylac and they settle and lived in the city of awfat "ifat" and a group of them became known for their good and piety until there were from them cumar who is said to be walashama and the heti allowed him to govern the city of awfat and collect it's tax.

The walashama literally were said by al-maqrizi to have settle the land of jabart. What would you call someone from these lands in arabic? You would give him the nisba al-jabarti just like how you would give the nismba al-misri to someone from misr also called egypt.

Yes jabarti is a slur in southern yemen but there are actual noble arab clans that are called jabarti in yemen, hijaz, eritrea sudan and egypt. Some of these jabarti families in yemen meet with somali jabarti somewhere in the family tree of caqiil. The three brothers hussain a-zaylaci, ahmed al-jabarti and the ancestor of darood somalis hashim are all descendent from ali zayan a-din.

Somali version.

Now wither this family tree is correct or not does not matter what matters is the name jabarti here isn't seen as a bad thing on the contrary it's seen as good thing.
Brother the jeberti sheikh from the 18th century could have been an afar since they had a presence in zeila in that specific time period when they broke off karanle from Awssa and Harar or even could have been an early arab quraish migrant that remained in zeila but how can you not have the abtirsi or clan of someone who was famous and only died 300 years ago in egypt? And that video you posted literally says ismail jeberti died 778 years after hijra which is the 14th century way after Samale tribes were already in Ifat and established as a clan, that means Samali (Somali) were already in touch with quraysh people than the apparent descandents of ismail jeberti

Garaad diinle

 
Brother the jeberti sheikh from the 18th century could have been an afar since they had a presence in zeila in that specific time period when they broke off karanle from Awssa and Harar or even could have been an early arab quraish migrant that remained in zeila
With all due respect i've noticed that you seem adamant that abdirahman jabarti could not have been somali and you bring up samale that has nothing to do with our discussion. This is not a qabiil matter it's a historical matter i'm literally giving you non somali sources.

How can you say that he could be afar when the afar don't have a caqiili claim to their name? Furthermore since when were afar ever in zaila matter of fact asita also called aussa the capital of aussa imamate housed xarla people who are somalis themselfs. In fact despite them being afarized they've still preserved their somali geneology up until this very day.

tcC9E6Q.png

It's not that afar were in zaylac on the contrary somalis were in what is today afar. To add to the point zaylac was not only the name of a port but also the name of the kingdom. The guy could very well have been from anywhere in somalia not necessarily from the port city of zaylac. He literally adds the land of before saying zaylac.

but how can you not have the abtirsi or clan of someone who was famous and only died 300 years ago in egypt?
It's very normal specially if you live in arab land and you intermarry with arabs. Today some somalis in oman don't believe that they came from somalia on the contrary they think somalis came from oman simply because they've been arabised. Here in sspot we've got a fella that don't don't know his abtirsi and therefore don't know his clan.

And that video you posted literally says ismail jeberti died 778 years after hijra which is the 14th century way after Samale tribes were already in Ifat and established as a clan, that means Samali (Somali) were already in touch with quraysh people than the apparent descandents of ismail jeberti
I'm not advocating for any qabiil genealogy rather i'm simply pointing out how the title al-jabarti is also used by noble arab clans. If you wanna argue about ismaiil al-jabarti there is the fkd section to do so.

I've now found a text where the walashama themself are also called al-jabarti. This man below is the son of sacad a-din the founder of adal.

gpTv6Dc.png

Muhammed ibn abo al-barakat ibn ahmad ibn ali ibn muhammed ibn cumar al-jabarti al-hanafi who is known as the son of sacad a-din the sultan of muslimin.

Last edited:
With all due respect i've noticed that you seem adamant that abdirahman jabarti could not have been somali and you bring up samale that has nothing to do with our discussion. This is not a qabiil matter it's a historical matter i'm literally giving you non somali sources.

How can you say that he could be afar when the afar don't have a caqiili claim to their name? Furthermore since when were afar ever in zaila matter of fact asita also called aussa the capital of aussa imamate housed xarla people who are somalis themselfs. In fact despite them being afarized they've still preserved their somali geneology up until this very day.

tcC9E6Q.png

It's not that afar were in zaylac on the contrary somalis were in what is today afar. To add to the point zaylac was not only the name of a port but also the name of the kingdom. The guy could very well have been from anywhere in somalia not necessarily from the port city of zaylac. He literally adds the land of before saying zaylac.

It's very normal specially if you live in arab land and you intermarry with arabs. Today some somalis in oman don't believe that they came from somalia on the contrary they think somalis came from oman simply because they've been arabised. Here in sspot we've got a fella that don't don't know his abtirsi and therefore don't know his clan.

I'm not advocating for any qabiil genealogy rather i'm simply pointing out how the title al-jabarti is also used by noble arab clans. If you wanna argue about ismaiil al-jabarti there is the fkd section to do so.

I've now found a text where the walashama themself are also called al-jabarti. This man below is the son of sacad a-din the founder of adal.

gpTv6Dc.png

Muhammed ibn abo al-barakat ibn ahmad ibn ali ibn muhammed ibn cumar al-jabarti al-hanafi who is known as the son of sacad a-din the sultan of muslimin.
You havent provided the abtirsi of this abdirahman jeberti of the 18th century, abtirsi is a common theme in arabic books they mention their abtirsi in the first pages of their books when they are writers.

The abtirsi of the walashma family is unanimously agreed to be from yusuf kownayn, you are bringing one version of abtirsi when there are several

Also Harla have several theories of their origin and the abtirsi you provided of the harla has several obvious incosistencies since when were those clans like mx geri etc all from one laf

Garaad diinle

 
You havent provided the abtirsi of this abdirahman jeberti of the 18th century, abtirsi is a common theme in arabic books they mention their abtirsi in the first pages of their books when they are writers.

The abtirsi of the walashma family is unanimously agreed to be from yusuf kownayn, you are bringing one version of abtirsi when there are several

Also Harla have several theories of their origin and the abtirsi you provided of the harla has several obvious incosistencies since when were those clans like mx geri etc all from one laf
Ya habibi wallahi you're one troublesome rascal. It almost feels like i've been talking to a wall this whole time. I've sensed some of your fkd aura this whole time but ignored it until now. Whatever makes you happy buddy i'm not here to read bedtime stories i'd rather use my time for better things.

Ya habibi wallahi you're one troublesome rascal. It almost feels like i've been talking to a wall this whole time. I've sensed some of your fkd aura this whole time but ignored it until now. Whatever makes you happy buddy i'm not here to read bedtime stories i'd rather use my time for better things.
thanks brother for sharing knowledge with me

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

What swag. I'm gonna use this sometime when I'm done with a discussion that seems to be going nowhere.

:westbrookswag:

Walaal if you're coming with a claim at the very least provide us with evidence. Jabarti means what? Can you refer me to any arabic dictionary where it says that?

XFPfkB3.png

Notice the highlighted area where it says a-zayla'i al-jabarti. Now here is what he says about jabarti.

IwVfRrZ.png

And the country of jabarti is the the country of of zayla' in the lands of al-habasha.

Now here is an arabic explanation of what al-jabarti means.

85JAkk2.png

Jabarti: one of the biggest cities of al-habasha, found west of zayla' and it's people are muslims. And this name later on have been used to indicate all the muslim emirates in southern land of al-habasha, and finally now it's used to indicate all the muslims living in the land of habasha.

قَالَ عِفْرِيتٌ مِّنَ الْجِنِّ أَنَا آتِيكَ بِهِ
قَبْلَ أَن تَقُومَ مِن مَّقَامِكَ ۖ وَإِنِّي عَلَيْهِ لَقَوِيٌّ أَمِينٌ
[ سورة النمل: 39]
( قال عفريت من الجن ) وهو المارد القوي
وقال الربيع : الغليظ ، قال الفراء : القوي الشديد​

عفر قال تعالى: ﴿قال عفريت من الجن﴾ [النمل/39]. والعفريت من الجن: هو العارم الخبيث، ويستعار ذلك للإنسان استعارة الشيطان له، يقال: عفريت نفريت (انظر: البصائر 4/80؛ وغريب القرآن لابن قتيبة ص 324)، قال ابن قتيبة: العفريت الموثق الخلق (انظر: غريب القرآن ص 324)، وأصله من العفر، أي: التراب، وعافره. صارعه، فألقاه في العفر
Jeffery, Arthur (1938) The Foreign Vocabulary of the Qurʾān , page 215 .
عِفْرِيت ( ʕifrīt / cefreet ) :
The muslim philolgers would derive it from عفر ( ʕ-f-r / cafar ) to rub with dust , and tell us that the word is applied to Jinn or men as meaning one who rolls his adversary in the dust .That the philologers had difficulty with it is is evident from the number of possible forms given Ibn khalawaih ( ابن خالويه ) .
Grimme suggests that the word was formed under South Arabian influence , but there seems nothing in this .​
عِفْرِيت ( ʕifrīt / cefreet ) :
From a Middle Iranian past participle āfrīd (“ created ”), originally an elliptic expression for *dīw afrīt (“demon’s creation”), or from the root عفر ( ʕ-f-r / cafar ) related to “ ash ”, compare for the derivation type عَكْرُوت‎ (ʕakrūt, “scoundrel”) .​
Variant of غ ب ر‎ ( -b-r ), while ع ف ر • ( ʕ-f-r / c-f-r ) is less common but common in Hebrew and Aramaic ע־פ־ר‎. Ge'ez has only ፈር (ʾäfär, “dust”) which is considered a loanword from either Amharic or Hebrew – it is present in Amharic, Harari, Sebat Bet Gurage, Argobba. Sabaean 𐩲𐩰𐩧‎ ( ʿfr / c-f-r) means “to perform, to do consideration”. From Proto-Semitic *ʿapar- ( “ soil, dust ”) .​
The Afar ( Afar: Qafár / عفر / Cafar ), also known as the Danakil, Adali and Odali, are a Cushitic ethnic group inhabiting the Horn of Africa.

Cafar ( عفر ) waa qowmiyad degta ama nool Geeska Afrika .​

In the Somali language, the word ( Abaar أَبَارْ ) means : Severe drought and insufficient rain for plants and animals , famine , Land that has no rain , dryness .

abara ( غَبَرَ , “ to tarry; to pass, to go away; to be or become dusty” ) .
taabbara ( تَغَبَّرَ‎ , “ to be covered with dust ”) .

ʕafara / cafara
( عَفَرَ‎ , “ to cover with dust , to soot, to wallow in dust ”)
taʕaffara / tacaffara ( تَعَفَّرَ‎ , “ to become inquinated with dust ”) .

Abaar أَبَارْ = dryness
Abaarta أبارت = the dryness .

Cafar عفر = Gafar غفر / چبر = Abaar أبار

Cafar / Canfar / Abaar = Afar .
Cafarta / Canfarta / Abaarta = the Afar.
Jabar = Gabar = Cafar .
Jabarta = Gabarta = Cafarta / Canfarta = the Afar.

عفر = غفر / چبر / جبر = أبار

عفرت = غفرت / چبرت / جبرت = أبارت

Somali word gub ( g - b ) means burn / to burn / scorch .
gubad vl. n. something burning; burnt
remains; parched land

The Greek name Αἰθιοπία (from Αἰθίοψ, Aithiops, "an Ethiopian") is a compound word, later explained as derived from the Greek words αἴθω and ὤψ ( aithō "I burn" + ōps "face") .
the designation properly translates as burnt-face .

Ethiopian = Guban = Jabar = Gabar = burnt-face .

gubin
( g - b - n ) .
gubad ( g - b - d ) .
gubanta ( g - b - n + ta ) .

چبن Guban= Jabar چبر
Guban ( g = b = n ) = Jabar ( j = b= r ) .

چبن ( چ - ب - ن ) = چبر ( چ - ب - ر )
چبنت = چبرت = إثيوبيا ( وجه محترق )

what do you think ????

NidarNidar

Punisher
Southern bale is oromos homeland bro
It isn't, Oromo only came to Bale around the 16th century, the original homeland being around Lake Abaya, the reason for their expansions being the Amhara Christian expanding influence in the area, Bale was a Muslim kingdom linked in with Adal/Ifat, one of the first regions Ahmed Gurey reconquered for Adal.

Last edited:

Trending