Bale Mountains in Oromia

Sidame has Karanle and Degodia still living there, they were in the Bale and Sidamo area before the time of Ahmed Gurey as other Hawiye already lived near by.

Fardano of degodia and Sixawle Karanle in Sidame.
1680654670345.png

5:40 onwards Garaad Cali talks about the Hawiye of Sidame and the Hawiye of Bale. Oromo just came to Bale. Somali presence in that area was more than 800 years ago. There were no Oromos at that time

Bale is in the Somali region inhabited by the Ogaden community
You’re right nogob has the bale mountains it’s so beautiful sometimes no cars can go through some of the towns deep in the mountains. We are gonna be growing coffee soon like the oromo farmers in the mountains inshallah.

In the Futux it is noted that some area named "Jalbi" between Bale and proper Somali territory was under Somali control at one point:

(Kidad is a Somali town in the country of the Somalis in the book)

The author also mentions a river in Bale/Bali called "Wabi" which he doesn't seem to know is just the Somali word for river. Kek.

So it seems some sort of Somali presence was there but that it was ever truly, fully ours is a dubious claim to make.
Bale sultanate and bale oromia are two different places tell me which districts Somalis lived in I know for a fact the dallo area madda walabu,dallo and the surrounding areas was Oromo since 1100’s

Attachments

• E91EC0F9-72D6-44D3-8FDC-9FE98A0672CC.png
    E91EC0F9-72D6-44D3-8FDC-9FE98A0672CC.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • C1685B4B-96B1-4DE7-A78F-9F2075598BC4.png
    C1685B4B-96B1-4DE7-A78F-9F2075598BC4.png
    669.6 KB · Views: 83
Fardano of degodia and Sixawle Karanle in Sidame.
View attachment 264580
5:40 onwards Garaad Cali talks about the Hawiye of Sidame and the Hawiye of Bale. Oromo just came to Bale. Somali presence in that area was more than 800 years ago. There were no Oromos at that time
The degodia got assimilated bro longtime ago same with the garjante they left islam or rejected islam also the first qallu of the oromos was fardano Rayitu ancestor of waqo gutu

In the Futux it is noted that some area named "Jalbi" between Bale and proper Somali territory was under Somali control at one point:

(Kidad is a Somali town in the country of the Somalis in the book)

The author also mentions a river in Bale/Bali called "Wabi" which he doesn't seem to know is just the Somali word for river. Kek.

So it seems some sort of Somali presence was there but that it was ever truly, fully ours is a dubious claim to make.
Oh I think you mean Galbi it’s in the eastern lowlands of bale right by raaso

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Oh I think you mean Galbi it’s in the eastern lowlands of bale right by raaso

That guy in your pfp looks so stereotypically Somali oday that I figured you were some Faraax. Wallahi, many of you chaps could easily psy-op us. Just learn good Somali and an Abtirsi and we'll only know when the knife is firmly in our dhabar.

That guy in your pfp looks so stereotypically Somali oday that I figured you were some Faraax. Wallahi, many of you chaps could easily psy-op us. Just learn good Somali and an Abtirsi and we'll only know when the knife is firmly in our dhabar.
Tell me more about the Somalis in bale what happened to them

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Tell me more about the Somalis in bale what happened to them

I assume they got assimilated/Oromized just like the ones in the Hararghe area. Also, the "Bali" in the Futux is not a sultanate but a region. In fact, a good chunk of its inhabitants back then were seemingly not even Muslim and came to Jalbi/Galbi where the Somalis had some control in order to be converted. Give the passages a read, walaal.

Garaad diinle

 
What is of note is that raaso is close to Iimeey and another place named abaadir. Now that we know that jalbi/galbi which is close to the aforementioned places was also mentioned in futuh there must be some sort of hidden history in that place. It might've well been part of the adal/awdal confederacy.

Here is a map of the area. The yellow line is jalbi/galbi the green area which is interestingly called el waaq is also the other lines already has names writing on them.

fUOUkOX.png

Last edited:
I assume they got assimilated/Oromized just like the ones in the Hararghe area. Also, the "Bali" in the Futux is not a sultanate but a region. In fact, a good chunk of its inhabitants back then were seemingly not even Muslim and came to Jalbi/Galbi where the Somalis had some control in order to be converted. Give the passages a read, walaal.
Ok if they weren’t Muslim they were probably sidama right

What is of note is that raaso is close to Iimeey and another place named abaadir. Now that we know that jalbi/galbi which is close to the aforementioned places was also mentioned in futuh there must be some sort of hidden history in that place. It might've well been part of the adal/awdal confederacy.
Was bale apart of Adal

Garaad diinle

 
Was bale apart of Adal
It's not clear in some text such as al-maqrisi bale was a muslim kingdom that was under the suzerainty of adal but it had it's own king/garaad. Afterward it was conquered by the habashis that was slowly turning bale into orthodox christianity but still it had many muslim inhabitants.

In futuh al-habasha bale was a province of the habashas until it was freed or liberated by the imam in fact even in portuguese records they say that the amharas back then claimed bale as one of their provinces. Now i must be careful when i say bale since the border of bale might have changed and what was bale back then might not be the same bale of today.

It's not clear in some text such as al-maqrisi bale was a muslim kingdom that was under the suzerainty of adal but it had it's own king/garaad. Afterward it was conquered by the habashis that was slowly turning bale into orthodox christianity but still it had many muslim inhabitants.

In futuh al-habasha bale was a province of the habashas until it was freed or liberated by the imam in fact even in portuguese records they say that the amharas back then claimed bale as one of their provinces. Now i must be careful when i say bale since the border of bale might have changed and what was bale back then might not be the same bale of today.
Can you send me the Al-Maqrisi bale texts

Garaad diinle

 
Ginir/Galbi areas
I can't read the whole account of al-maqrisi to know everything he said about bale but here is a quick description of the kingdom.

Y2iRcZw.png

The kingdom of bale's length is 20 day and it's width is 6 days and it's the most fertile land of bilad a-zayla' "also called adal or jabarti" and they trade using bartering, sheeps for cows and cows for clothes and such things and it's people follow the hanafi madhab.

Trending

Latest posts