Australian-Somalis are the most successful on average

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only 10,000 Somalis in Australia according to Wikipedia.

I can’t find any source that gives your 40k figure, do you mind providing it?

Go to Melbourne and you will see more than 10,000 in Footscray and Flemington combined.

Let alone Perth, Sydney and Brisbane.

Many Somalis don't fill out the census because it compels you to vote.

Aussie Somalis are tuug, they're notorious for their dodgy dealings in their nursing home businesses

Also, isn't that Khaled guy who stole charity money not from down under? :mjlol::mjlol:

I have never heard of nursing home Somalis.

Those are probably the new mooryan imports, we haven't civilised them yet :siilaanyolaugh:

kaluumayste

Take the Poo to the loo
Change my mind.

Australian-Somalis have acheived more per person than any other Somali group. Our rates of unemployment is low, many of us are employed in public service or STEM and we have not produced that many baxtis for the most part.

Australian-Somalis are bilingual in Somali/English and have high rates of University attendance compared to many other migrant groups.

Furthermore, we are around 40,000 in number so we are not a tiny group of people.

Is this a joke ? you call ayuuto and uber a success :siilaanyolaugh:

kaluumayste

Take the Poo to the loo
My whole family, immediate and extended have university degrees and well paying jobs.

Most of our family friends own houses, university degrees and well paying jobs.

I thought you were talking about Somalis as a group, i didn't know you meant your whole family.

I thought you were talking about Somalis as a group, i didn't know you meant your whole family.

I am also talking about the other Somali-Australians I met, hence the word "Family friends".

Some still drive Taxi or Uber but those are newer migrants and a lot less in number than the UK or US.

kaluumayste

Take the Poo to the loo
I am also talking about the other Somali-Australians I met, hence the word "Family friends".

Some still drive Taxi or Uber but those are newer migrants and a lot less in number than the UK or US.

Let me burst your bubble bro, most successful Somalis in the world are in Africa and specifically in these countries Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa.We are taking over industries.
locals are scared and think we are taking over the country. that is a a fact.

And here you are talking about jobs and degrees :bell:

Let me burst your bubble bro, most successful Somalis in the world are in Africa and specifically in these countries Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa.We are taking over industries.
locals are scared and think we are taking over the country. that is a a fact.

And here you are talking about jobs and degrees :bell:

That's the wealthy minority, of whom a sizable portion lived in the West.

The vast majority are not much better off than would be in Somalia let alone compared to those in the West. While the lack of social safety net might reduce unemployment, it doesn't mean all African Somalis are big time CEO's in Nairobi.

Apollo

VIP
Change my mind.

Australian-Somalis have acheived more per person than any other Somali group. Our rates of unemployment is low, many of us are employed in public service or STEM and we have not produced that many baxtis for the most part.

Australian-Somalis are bilingual in Somali/English and have high rates of University attendance compared to many other migrant groups.

Furthermore, we are around 40,000 in number so we are not a tiny group of people.

Australia has a big fat giant wall called the Indian Ocean and doesn't allow boat people in.

They do not receive a constant stream of degenerate fobs like Europe does.

Easy for you to boast when the variables are completely different. Somalis who enter Australia are either extremely vetted (true refugees) or people with potential who get sponsored by their relatives.

You do not receive as many of the hopeless fobs.

Australia has big fat giant wall called the Indian Ocean.

They do not receive a constant stream of degenerate fobs like Europe does.

Easy for you to boast when the variables are completely different.

It has been happening quickly saxiib.

Somalis have been immigrating to Malaysia in massive numbers and some of them have already been settling in Australia. While its too early too assess the results, Europe isn't making us confident of our future.

Apollo

VIP
It has been happening quickly saxiib.

Somalis have been immigrating to Malaysia in massive numbers and some of them have already been settling in Australia. While its too early too assess the results, Europe isn't making us confident of our future.

Again, you get higher quality people. There's a filtering mechanism going on.

Somalis in Malaysia are usually exchange students or international students studying in Malaysia.

In Europe, they get a constant stream of hopeless Somalis who track through the Sahara and risk their life on dinghy boats to Italy.

Again, you get higher quality people. There's a filtering mechanism going on.

Somalis in Malaysia are usually exchange students or international students studying in Malaysia.

In Europe, they get a constant stream of hopeless Somalis who track through the Sahara and risk their life on dingy boats to Italy.

1. That's true, I was seated next to a Somali studying in Malaysia on my flight to Somalia a few years back. He was a bit older than me and spoke fluent English.

2. Those Somalis that do tahriib are wealthy for the most part.

No Somali can realistically afford $15,000 USD (the price to reach Europe incl ransom) without being somewhat well off. The prosperity then means that they're not impoverished and/or welfare reliant.

I think the new waves of Somalis to Europe might do better than a lot of the present ones.

Apollo

VIP
1. That's true, I was seated next to a Somali studying in Malaysia on my flight to Somalia a few years back. He was a bit older than me and spoke fluent English.

2. Those Somalis that do tahriib are wealthy for the most part.

No Somali can realistically afford $15,000 USD (the price to reach Europe incl ransom) without being somewhat well off. The prosperity then means that they're not impoverished and/or welfare reliant.

I think the new waves of Somalis to Europe might do better than a lot of the present ones.

Not any more. Tahriib from the Horn to Europe only costs a few thousand bucks.. and often this is a loan given to them by a relative already in the West and they have to pay it back once they arrive spread over a few years. It's sort of like a Ponzi scheme but for immigration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending