Athiest Come In

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Ah the classic Pascal's wager. I'm a deist, so I believe in God, just not so much religion. But I'll take a crack outta this.

Basically the wager from what I know goes like this:

There are 4 outcomes.

1. You believe in God, and he exists.
2. You believe in God, and he doesn't exist.
3. You don't believe in God, and he exists.
4. You don't believe in God, and he doesn't exist.

If God exists and you don't believe in him, you go to Hell.

Ergo, believing in God is worthwhile as you avoid Hell entirely.

There's a problem with this.

If God exists and he's perfect, why would a being of that magnitude send a person to hell in the first place?

Sins are subjective towards the religion itself. For example, sex before marriage in the modern age hurts no one. Should that be grounds for going to hell? Yet a man can be a "hero" for a holy war (they tend to omit the causalities that lie in their wake, you know, the innocent non-believers) and slam dunk into heaven.

How about the fact that accepting Islam washes your sins? So he/she goes to heaven.
Yet a Buddhist can be a good man, perform charity, help his neighbor, etc, and just because he doesn't believe in Islam (he heard of it, so don't use that excuse on me), he gets thrown in hell.

Polytheists too. For no other reason other than being polytheists. And how about those unbelievably evil idols. :stopit:

Also Hell is a tad insane when you think about it.

You don't live forever, so you have a finite amount of time on Earth, yet you go to Hell forever. And in the same time, God is just and fair. This is a logical contradiction.

From this understanding, it's clear to me that Hell is an instrument religious clergymen use to manipulate the masses. If your religion needs an incentive of fear, it's probably bullshit.

Kratos

Sonder
Islam is not the only religion in the world; Christians also say the same thing. So what should I do? Toss a coin to decide my faith? I think it's better if I think about it critically and make an informed decision. If I come to the "wrong" conclusion and Islam is the true religion then surely god wouldn't punish me for it right? He supposedly gave me free-will and the ability to reason. If I come to the wrong conclusion isn't it because he created me with a deficiency to my rational faculties? It seems absurd to me that a god would create a being, give them a brain and free-will, tell them to exercise these properties and punish them for coming to the wrong conclusion :what1: . It's even more absurd when he proclaims that he is "the merciful one".

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Islam is not the only religion in the world; Christians also say the same thing. So what should I do? Toss a coin to decide my faith? I think it's better if I think about it critically and make an informed decision. If I come to the "wrong" conclusion and Islam is the true religion then surely god wouldn't punish me for it right? He supposedly gave me free-will and the ability to reason. If I come to the wrong conclusion isn't it because he created me with a deficiency to my rational faculties? It seems absurd to me that a god would create a being, give them a brain and free-will, tell them to exercise these properties and punish them for coming to the wrong conclusion :what1: . It's even more absurd when he proclaims that he is "the merciful one".
Pretty much. Also add in the fact that your life is predetermined but you somehow have free will and you'll be more confused than a deaf guy in a rock concert.

Kratos

Sonder
Pretty much. Also add in the fact that your life is predetermined but you somehow have free will and you'll be more confused than a deaf guy in a rock concert.
Right. The concept of us being tested on this earth doesn't make sense to me at all. Why would an all-knowing and all-seeing omnipotent being need to test us if he already knows what we're going to do?

Was disappointed you didn’t maximize the potential for this thread. You should have left a simple “Nacala kugu yaal” message with the “Atheists Come In” title

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Well, I'm gonna tell you; God gave you brains.

Research all the deens in this world
and in the end you may get what you wanted/purpose(the deen you're perfect with) that's The perfect deen.

Or just pretend that there is no Creator and that there is no afterlife.:noneck:

Ah the classic Pascal's wager. I'm a deist, so I believe in God, just not so much religion. But I'll take a crack outta this.

Basically the wager from what I know goes like this:

There are 4 outcomes.

1. You believe in God, and he exists.
2. You believe in God, and he doesn't exist.
3. You don't believe in God, and he exists.
4. You don't believe in God, and he doesn't exist.

If God exists and you don't believe in him, you go to Hell.

Ergo, believing in God is worthwhile as you avoid Hell entirely.

There's a problem with this.

If God exists and he's perfect, why would a being of that magnitude send a person to hell in the first place?

Sins are subjective towards the religion itself. For example, sex before marriage in the modern age hurts no one. Should that be grounds for going to hell? Yet a man can be a "hero" for a holy war (they tend to omit the causalities that lie in their wake, you know, the innocent non-believers) and slam dunk into heaven.

How about the fact that accepting Islam washes your sins? So he/she goes to heaven.
Yet a Buddhist can be a good man, perform charity, help his neighbor, etc, and just because he doesn't believe in Islam (he heard of it, so don't use that excuse on me), he gets thrown in hell.

Polytheists too. For no other reason other than being polytheists. And how about those unbelievably evil idols. :stopit:

Also Hell is a tad insane when you think about it.

You don't live forever, so you have a finite amount of time on Earth, yet you go to Hell forever. And in the same time, God is just and fair. This is a logical contradiction.

From this understanding, it's clear to me that Hell is an instrument religious clergymen use to manipulate the masses. If your religion needs an incentive of fear, it's probably bullshit.
If you don't affiliate with no religion you have 0 chances but if you choose one you might be better of then not affiliating with none.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー

Research all the deens and in the end you may get what you wanted that's The perfect deen.

Or just pretend that there is no Creator and that there is no afterlife.:noneck:
Eyy, a response!

Alright, gonna ask a couple of questions:

1. Is it true that people who go to Hell, go there forever?

2. Is the experience of Hell worse than anything a person can experience in this world?

3. Do we have free will?

4. Is our lives predetermined?

5. Are we being tested, even though the examiner (God) knows what the results will be with the examinee (us)?

6. Do we live forever or die?

Research all the deens in this world
and in the end you may get what you wanted/purpose(the deen you're perfect with) that's The perfect deen.

Are you Atheist

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
If you don't affiliate with no religion you have 0 chances but if you choose one you might be better of then not affiliating with none.
Hell doesn't exist my friend. Hell and God cannot both exist, as it creates a logical contradiction.

Research all the deens and in the end you may get what you wanted that's The perfect deen.

Dalmoor

For them, they can’t seperate religion and culture and argue that it’s your parents religion, why abandon it? Staying in as a fake Muslim against your will is more important to them than being honest and saying not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts