Ask me anything about Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
@Cotton Eyed Joe
You said Somaliland has no resources this is not true, there are A LOT of minerals in Somaliland. We have one of the largest diverse mineral deposits in the world just sitting there and guess what we can't actually trade it because other nations are hesitant because of not wanting to overstep on Somalia's sovereignty out of respect or whatever reasons.

There are also untapped oil reserves, fishing, agriculture in some parts, livestock and more. I'm not going to lie I am disappointed in you because you know Somaliland has resources.

Funny thing we can't and we don't have the means to fully utilize our natural resources because we are limited. We don't have de jure recognition only de facto.

What is the solution, we should just get investments to be able to fully utilize our investments? It sounds simple right?

Wrong, because of the fact we are not de jure recognized companies or other nations will not engage in investments or trade deals that would benefit both parties. All this because we are not de jure recognized and Somalia not letting go.

Even if we could export all of this how many willing nations would trade with us being unrecognized?

Ask yourself this do you really think there are no companies willing to invest in helping Somaliland with excavation of one of the largest mineral deposits in this world? Come on man, they can't make deals with us because we are unrecognized.... This is one of many reasons we want recognition and reuniting with Somalia is not even considered.

You say it is better to unite with Somalia and I say that the opposite. Reuniting with Somalia makes no sense after 27 years. It makes absolutely no sense.
There's no geological evidence Somaliland has large deposits of natural resources. There have only been preliminary surveys and the last survey was 1960. There's only anecdotal evidence you can't build an economy on that. Your argument is that if we had recognition we might get foreign investment for goods we may not even have, that is ridiculous.

And your point is? Sanaag is not only populated by Warsangeli and it belongs to Somaliland. Contrary to what many believe Somaliland borders are based on a real legal claim and that area is a part of Somaliland.

You just based the ownership of Sanaag on tribalism while Somaliland has a legit legal claim to that area. Also Somaliland has control of that area. :drakewtf:

I don't know what bush law you are basing your claim on. Legally the little clan enclave enclave that you call Somaliland doesn't exist. Legally there is only Somalia.Period.
You may think having a few white pedophiles and fags running around Hargeisa and building churches gives you legality, but all it does is demean you and make you look more ridiculous in the eyes of other Somalis.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
I don't know what bush law you are basing your claim on. Legally the little clan enclave enclave that you call Somaliland doesn't exist. Legally there is only Somalia.Period.
You may think having a few white pedophiles and fags running around Hargeisa and building churches gives you legality, but all it does is demean you and make you look more ridiculous in the eyes of other Somalis.
You mean the basis on which almost all countries are based on?? It is colonialism saaxib it outweighs tribalism any day.. You know the claim to statehood we got after England and the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council and 20+ other nations recognized British Somaliland?

Mama Elizabeth unintentionally fucked you guys up on that one. Good luck, you are in for a world of surprise. Remember this when Somaliland gets recognized.

Let me rephrase that, remember this when Somaliland gets re-recognized.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
There's no geological evidence Somaliland has large deposits of natural resources. There have only been preliminary surveys and the last survey was 1960. There's only anecdotal evidence you can't build an economy on that. Your argument is that if we had recognition we might get foreign investment for goods we may not even have, that is ridiculous.
You are so biased that you are blinded, I'm honestly disappointed.. Minerals was just example far from the only one. Speaking of minerals the reports showed great potential of large mineral deposits. It is practically unexplored but there are some projects underway such as the simodi project by the government where they found a large deposit of the emerald simodi and beryl in Awdal region. They have a mine there employing local workers together with a chinsese firm.

Regardless the minerals was just to show my point which you clearly didn't get..

Either way what we can build our economy on or not it is up to us to decide, not for you or Somalia.

You mean the basis on which almost all countries are based on?? It is colonialism saaxib it outweighs tribalism any day.. You know the claim to statehood we got after England and the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council and 20+ other nations recognized British Somaliland?

Mama Elizabeth unintentionally fucked you guys up on that one. Good luck, you are in for a world of surprise. Remember this when Somaliland gets recognized.

*sigh*

So much delusion. So many delusional folks. It's an epidemic, I tell ya.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth

Bro honest question I'm asking here buts what's the compelling cause for you guys to want to separate from the union and when was this idea of independence proposed originally?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Wow I came to pay my boy @Cotton Eyed Joe a visit. I haven't looked into politics for a while lately actually. Fact 1 you conveniently ignore, we have pictures of hargeisa in the 1960's mind you this is when they were in charge of themselves and we have pictures of mogadishu in the 1960's and it's clear as day who needed each other and it surely wasn't mogadishu going to hargeisa it was the other way around hargeisa coming to mogadishu.

The other thing I think you forget to mention is the road ethiopia is building needs to be paid for some-way is it possible the percentage they get from berbera is to cover this investment? the other thing you forget to mention how this will lead two ports berbera and jabuti(futo) fighting for one(gus) ethiopia, only benefit surely is the only gus in the relationship. I envision ethiopia will play both against each other to drop prices or else their going somewhere.

I think they were sick of being hostage to Djibouti and they had no other port access and hence couldn't negiotate on price as strongly. This will give them options now to negiotate on price or go the other port. This will begin a sad cycle of djibouti and berbera dropping the price constantly in the favor of keeping ethiopia as a customer at it's port, to the point possibly where djibouti/berbera will have no more benefit on their side if price continously keeps going down and cost of living is rising, it's a recipe for bankruptcy. They will probably keep afloat with local trade though but it will be hit big-time with the fluctation from ethiopia deciding to go to another port constantly which will mean the extra funds they did get will go into something in somaliland like infrastructure but it will just break down later on as the funds it was relying on from ethiopia has disappeared to djibouti and if it hasn't it has gone soooooooo low it can't keep up with maintaining it's infrastructure.

As for local politics in the 1960, they couldn't agree to share power and hence decided to hide their disunity and conceal it with joining 'somali wayn', let's not kid ourselves Somalis even kill each other over a water well let alone one seat between clans who never shared seat before. The same problem is there today and they conceal their disunity with 'somali hate or recognition' but once that is gone you can imagine what will happen there!!!! nothing left to unite them no more seeking recognition, no more somali hate, it's back to facing that disunity and we already see indicators of it rupturing already even though the unity factor 'aqoonsi and somali hate' is still present as you explained in-depth which I won't go into.

I predict a south sudan outcome for somaliland, same ingredients are present uniting around 'secession from north sudan and hate of south sudan' and once north sudan left the scene, oh it's war time and the only reason that can explain it is when the uniting factor(north sudan) disappeared from the scene and stepped away and the natural culture environment which is tribal took over and created a rat race for power and there was no more unity card among them since north sudan disappeared.

Most Africa is set up like that with a tribal cultural environment present and triggers can occur anytime over anything and it's mainly due to the fact they were autonomous from each other and now are no longer autonomous and sharing responsibility which never used to be the case.

Somaliland will just explode the second Somalia is out of the picture and it will explode within the ISAAQ not even the hartis, but within the ISAAQS as it nearly exploded in the 1960s between them but they distracted it away by joining somalia and their distracting it away again by leaving somalia. It's always the same common denominator which is somalia, we won't be harmed either way if they come or go, it's them who will feel the brunt of it since they actually united themselves around us we are now deciders like north sudan decided to step away and let them each other and not use him as an excuse to unite themselves around, we could technically do the same thing and they know it.

As for power sharing which is what they really want in my view, they live in 2 districts in Somalia which is 150 kilometer in between each Hargeisa and Burco, having 150 kilometers of land is indicative the nomadic population must be very small as most nomads will seek larger pasture or rain and not allow itself to be locked in such a small geographic area that's only if they have the POWER to move forward and by judging on the land they have now, it's safe to assume they couldn't MOVE foward or else we would see a much larger land. You can't say I have a large nomadic population yet have a small land, it's a contradiction in it's own right because no clan will dare want to not move because rain can happen anywhere in the region and the more he controls the better chance his livestock survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts