Article claims Somalis are the LEAST educated and employed immigrants in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Education looks an unlikely escape route. Overcrowded houses mean children have nowhere to do their homework. In 2010-11 around 33% of Somali children got five good GCSEs, the exams taken at 16, compared with 59% of Bangladeshi pupils and 78% of Nigerian ones. Parents unable to speak English struggle. They see their children move up a year at school and assume they are doing well (in Somalia poor performers are held back). Their offspring, roped in as translators, are in no hurry to disabuse them.

to be completely fair to reer two taps Britain's education system sounds robust and stupid. unnecessarily difficult in the later stages with very little fluidity from everything i've seen and read - which i will admit isn't extensive.

that being said what an oddly written article from a pretty reputable source. the sytax is all over the place and they don't even directly cite individuals they simply just paraphrase. the article is nearly 4 years old.

to be completely fair to reer two taps Britain's education system sounds robust and stupid. unnecessarily difficult in the later stages with very little fluidity from everything i've seen and read - which i will admit isn't extensive.

that being said what an oddly written article from a pretty reputable source. the sytax is all over the place and they don't even directly cite individuals they simply just paraphrase. the article is nearly 4 years old.
They mentioned that only a small portion of Somalis get 5 GCSE's. If this is true, that is so embarrasing. GCSEs are probably the easiest qualifications you can get, you don't even have to study to pass. You can literally average a B with a few hours of revision. And most people get 8/9 GCSE'S. To claim we on average get below 5 is... shocking? Unbelievable?
I agree. The article seems a bit fishy to me too. Don't know what benefit anyone would get from making this up though

Horta is GCSEs easy or tough, i wish we had some sort of examination here, too many retards from highschool got accepted into prestigious universities too bad they got weeded out in first year:siilaanyolaugh:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
They mentioned that only a small portion of Somalis get 5 GCSE's. If this is true, that is so embarrasing. GCSEs are probably the easiest qualifications you can get, you don't even have to study to pass. You can literally average a B with a few hours of revision. And most people get 8/9 GCSE'S. To claim we on average get below 5 is... shocking? Unbelievable?
I agree. The article seems a bit fishy to me too. Don't know what benefit anyone would get from making this up though

i don't know. ironically even though Canada has a horrible reputation of being a land of promiscuity and alcoholism Somalis don't do this poorly scholastically. we're just a half-half split between actual subhumans and really educated and qualified individuals. this kind of unemployment and poverty is ridiculous.

In terms of unemployment, case studies indicated that 60% of Somali refugees in Ottawa in 1999 and 65% in Toronto in 1995 were unemployed. [2] More recent 2006 Census data show that the unemployment rate for adult Somali-Canadians in general was much lower at 16.4% (compared with 5.4% in the total adult population), which was still three times the rate for the total population. Again, adult Somali women had a much higher unemployment rate at 21.5%. Moreover, 57% of Somali-Canadians lived below the Low-Income Cut-Off in 2005 (compared to just 11% for the total population), making them one of the most disadvantaged groups

http://ocasi.org/sites/default/files/OCASI_Presentation_Somali_Resettlement_Metropolis_2016.pdf

16.4% but that's inflated because many Somali women don't work.

that's actually horrible compared to regular Canadians and a few other immigrant groups but compared to Britain we are doing way better. By a considerable margin mind you. I think the number has actually dipped below 50% of those living before the poverty line as of the recent census lemme go hunt it down.

horta wait how did we get the title for worst diaspora?

edit:

Somali-born migrants have the lowest employment rate among all immigrants in the UK.[107] Figures published by the Office for National Statistics show high rates of economic inactivity and unemployment amongst Somali immigrants. In the three months to June 2008, 31.4 per cent of Somali men and 84.2 per cent of Somali women were economically inactive (the statistics include students, carers and the long-term sick, injured or disabled in this group).

nah. hell nah.

can't believe we were taking anything from reer britain. what is this?

Last edited:

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
This article has been debunked a hundred times over. Their stats exclude people like me who came to the UK via an EU country. Most of the British Somalis in the study are FOBs who arrived in the late 90s to early 00s. It's unfair to expect the world of a community, when 90% of it is made up of refugees.

Give them another decade and I'm sure we'll see a huge difference.

Horta is GCSEs easy or tough, i wish we had some sort of examination here, too many retards from highschool got accepted into prestigious universities too bad they got weeded out in first year:siilaanyolaugh:
GCSEs are the easiest exams ever. I revised for most of them in the morning before the exam and still got excellent grades. Only retards and roadmen fail GCSE's
However A-Levels which come after GCSEs and are what you use to apply to university with are HARD AF. The jump from GCSE's to A-Levels is ridiculous and alot of people fail and end up retaking the year
Getting into prestigious universities is ridiculously hard here :deadpeter:

Finland lowest employment

Canada crime check

USA lowest household income check. I wonder if theres a trend here,

Not me and my family tho :lolbron::ohno:

CdVxElX.gif

GCSEs are the easiest exams ever. I revised for most of them in the morning before the exam and still got excellent grades. Only retards and roadmen fail GCSE's
However A-Levels which come after GCSEs and are what you use to apply to university with are HARD AF. The jump from GCSE's to A-Levels is ridiculous and alot of people fail and end up retaking the year
Getting into prestigious universities is ridiculously hard here :deadpeter:

So you are telling me somalis fail the GCSEs let alone even getting near the A levels....:meleshame:
Thats pretty sad hopefully the situation changes there, over here isn't too bad getting into prestigious University you just need 90+ and a letter of recommendation.

peep the stats i posted

how did we let these niggas talk shit to us?

UK is my second home. I don't like to attack them, only when they attack me is when I attack them viciously lol

That 80%+ unemployment rate sounds about right though over there. They live in these clan neighbourhoods called Camden and Tower Hamlets and Hounslow and Streatham and Woolwich in London and they're all outside during work hours just loitering outside fried chicken joints and internet cafes with their "track suits". It's in my benefit though that they don't work cause I can hang out with the Somali locals. If the locals were working, I'd be very bored. They get large welfare cheques so I say let them baashaal as the saying goes.

:wow1:

UK is my second home. I don't like to attack them, only when they attack me is when I attack them viciously lol

That 80%+ unemployment rate sounds about right though over there. They live in these clan neighbourhoods called Camden and Tower Hamlets and Hounslow and Streatham and Woolwich in London and they're all outside during work hours just loitering outside fried chicken joints and internet cafes with their "track suits". It's in my benefit though that they don't work cause I can hang out with the Somali locals. If the locals were working, I'd be very bored. They get large welfare cheques so I say let them baashaal as the saying goes.

:wow1:
i'm not even going to refute that. i went to harlsden one time during a workday, and the amount of men and women just standing around corners, pushing a buggy and doing absolutely nothing at peak working hours was just incredible.

these people weren't old or disabled. just able-bodied lazy bums. wallahi is was an embarrassing sight.

Bohol

VIP
That was the khat days. Nowadays a lot of Somalis work, from the bus man to the Sainsbury's cashiers mostly Somalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts