Are you in favour of the dismemberment of Somalia

The issue with dividing Somalia based on clans is that it will eventually be divided into sub-clans and eventually sub-sub-clans. This is my biggest fear regarding balkanization, I think a lot more states will emerge in the future. The south is a melting pot of various clans, separation would not work

Also, any state that is created from the dissolution of Somalia will not get international recognition, the access to essential business services is regulated by legal agreements that often make such services available only to states officially recognized by the U.N. The inability of businesses from nations that are not universally recognized as states to access these services increases time and costs of trade and compromises their ability to engage in international trade. This will slow down the development of Somalia immensely, and these states would get eaten alive and taken advantage of in the global markets.

It is not a realistic solution, the only real solution is to have honest discussions between the regional leaders.

Last edited:

Falcon

in your feelings yet? yall too sensitive for me.
Anybody can claim anything - I can claim China - its about who has control.

As you can see here the land that Galmudug actually controls is the little sliver of land in between cadaado and South Galkacyo - (Even afbarwaaqo control is not clear) - Everything south of that is Al shabab stronghold / ASWJ

2017-08-25_somalia-map-of-control-2017.jpg

They LARP like they control majority of what they claim but in reality Galgaduud is not even in their hands.
That is an outdated map from 2017 and isn’t based on the real situation on the ground.

A lot has changed since 2017. Galmudug controls all of galgaduud except el buur and el dheer.

aswj has been dismantled and soon al-shabab will be cleansed from galmudug for good.

Just as galmudug has little patches of lands not under it’s control so does puntland :icon lol:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
That is an outdated map from 2017 and isn’t based on the real situation on the ground.

A lot has changed since 2017. Galmudug controls all of galgaduud except el buur and el dheer.

aswj has been dismantled and soon al-shabab will be cleansed from galmudug for good.

Just as galmudug has little patches of lands not under it’s control so does puntland :icon lol:
updated 2019 verson

Not much has changed nigga go liberate xaraardhere:hahaidiot:

2019-08-13_who-controls-somalia-map-with-states.jpg

PL is dealing with Landmass bigger than most countries.

Enjoy your little sliver of land :mjlol:

I'm 100% against it. It won't work. These guys think they can survive in the face of neighbouring countries with such small number of people. They will get swallowed alive. It would be like dividing a cake between Ethiopia and kenya. These qabilism are running on qabil hate. And old mistakes that were made. Their grandfathers won't be thinking like this. You guys won't be free and will be poor. Stop this division nonsense. What we need is a federal state like we have right now, where each person can keep their land and contribute.

Wallahi I'm disgusted beyond anything by these guys talking about easily taking the lives of their muslim somali brothers. Fighting a useless war over land that different qabils lived together long ago in relative peace. How can you guys even think about taking other people's lives easily? Are you even muslim? You guys are legit moryaans. If you want to kill muslim people over who lives where then announce your gaalnimo. Then you'd allow me to murder you all like the gaalo you are. And your diig will be halal. Disgusting. Wallahi you people are not normal in the head.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Puntland has dispute with Somaliland over Sool and Sanaag, but it does not take this dispute seriously, however its dispute with Galmudug over the Northern Mudug region it takes very serious. This is because Sool and Sanaag are not inhabited by the Majerten clan, but parts of northern Mudug are inhabited by the Majerten clan.

Clan federalism does not work, how will clan con-federalism work ? :mjlol:

I'm 100% against it. It won't work. These guys think they can survive in the face of neighbouring countries with such small number of people. They will get swallowed alive. It would be like dividing a cake between Ethiopia and kenya. These qabilism are running on qabil hate. And old mistakes that were made. Their grandfathers won't be thinking like this. You guys won't be free and will be poor. Stop this division nonsense. What we need is a federal state like we have right now, where each person can keep their land and contribute.

Wallahi I'm disgusted beyond anything by these guys talking about easily taking the lives of their muslim somali brothers. Fighting a useless war over land that different qabils lived together long ago in relative peace. How can you guys even think about taking other people's lives easily? Are you even muslim? You guys are legit moryaans. If you want to kill muslim people over who lives where then announce your gaalnimo. Then you'd allow me to murder you all like the gaalo you are. And your diig will be halal. Disgusting. Wallahi you people are not normal in the head.

Ethnics and morality have nothing to do with religion. Ethnics and morals come from laws in a secular society and enforced by the courts and police. God cannot stop a human from being evil because God has no power because God does not exist. Ergo Somalis are doomed.

Som

VIP
I think this map is a good start.

86320996_139728064174567_8912780222714085376_o.jpg
Galmudug would have problema between Marehan and HG. Plus Galkacyo is a divided city, immagine having a border that runs through a major city, not practical especially for somalis.
Somaliland would be relegated to nothing, northwest would be one big desert land with few resources. Probably they only ones who could survive with this are puntlanders.
Benadir/Mogadishu as a city state would probably do better than southwest or galmudug but still not enough to be a legitimate respectable country.
Hirshabelle has tons of hawiye subclans.
Soutwest has tons of rahanweyn, bantu and other small clans plus many hawiye, dir, etc.
Jubaland has ogaden, marehan, many Manu hawiye clans, bantus etc.

All of these States will eventually have the same qabil war problem they have now but it's going to be' 10 times worse since they have less resources, they'll even be poorer than they are now.

Som

VIP
how would you solve problems such as Galkacyo which is divided between puntland and galmudug?

Galkacyo will not be divided when PL secedes - PL will be forced to capture the remain 15% of city. Hawiye are guests there. This is not like Burco with 50/50 split, they will be pushed out.
View attachment 116539
That would be already a problem, immagine this scenario.
Puntland and galmudug get their independence and the first thing they do is start a war.
See how uselss this qabil nonsense is?

Som

VIP
The map will be Simple. The somalidiid who always wanted to separate will receive independence as hinted by the AU in the past few years. The rest will remain united as Somalia as federal regions. The July 1st 1960 union will be officially desolved:ehh:
View attachment 116542
Once somaliland gets independence everyone else in somalia (and maybe even the rest of africa) will want the same.

Som

VIP
The issue with dividing Somalia based on clans is that it will eventually be divided into sub-clans and eventually sub-sub-clans. This is my biggest fear regarding balkanization, I think a lot more states will emerge in the future. The south is a melting pot of various clans, separation would not work

Also, any state that is created from the dissolution of Somalia will not get international recognition, the access to essential business services is regulated by legal agreements that often make such services available only to states officially recognized by the U.N. The inability of businesses from nations that are not universally recognized as states to access these services increases time and costs of trade and compromises their ability to engage in international trade. This will slow down the development of Somalia immensely, and these states would get eaten alive and taken advantage of in the global markets.

It is not a realistic solution, the only real solution is to have honest discussions between the regional leaders.
I agree. Just wanted to show the nonsensical answers of these deluded secessionists

Trending