Are you Future or Present Oriented?

• I happen to think of the now and present, also while posting why I think Somalia would suceed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends,

Back when I was a little man, I used to spend a lot of time thinking of how my future would turn out. I used to think of what I'll do in my 20s, 30s, 40s, and even in my 60s. Little me always went through the different majors I could see myself studying in a university, what kind of job I could see myself working, perhaps marriage, my health and even retirement! I used to have all this planned out meticulously, thinking that planning out ahead would give me a higher probability in achieving these things. My friends had always told me that I was a "dreamer", and said that my "dreams" were too much and wouldn't be achieved, so I ended up dreaming by myself from then on. But none the less! The days of planning kept on going. However in all my plans, I hadn't considering the unpredictability of life its self.

A lot of things had happened to me throughout the years that I had never planned through. I studied a major that I never planned for when I was younger. Worked odd jobs that I never thought I would ever do, and met so many cool and friendly people that I would never imagine myself meeting. Went through the unforeseen losses, and the wins that happened by chance. Thinking through this made me realize that the "dreamer" me had taken a break, probably grabbed a blanket and a really really comfy pillow to sleep in the back of my head. What had come up to fill that void was the "liver", a person who was now more concerned about living in the present, having my mind in the present, and understanding that any choices I choose to do right now would affect any little future plans my "dreamer" self left as notes for the "liver" to follow through.

So, without going too far, do you my friends, see yourself as a "dreamer"; the ol' future oriented person or a "liver"; a person who focuses on the now and lives in the present?

PS: The poll is an obvious joke, but you can partake in it!

If your offended in anyway, please do us a favor and...

Nah, you probably know what to do if you were :D

Last edited:
J

Jeffo

You know that kinda reminds me of myself and I used to spend a lot of time thinking of how my future would turn out. I used to think of what I'll do in my 20s, 30s, 40s, and even in my 60s. Little me always went through the different majors I could see myself studying in a university, what kind of job I could see myself working, perhaps marriage, my health and even retirement! I used to have all this planned out meticulously, thinking that planning out ahead would give me a higher probability in achieving these things. My friends had always told me that I was a "dreamer", and said that my "dreams" were too much and wouldn't be achieved, so I ended up dreaming by myself from then on. But none the less! The days of planning kept on going. However in all my plans, I hadn't considering the unpredictability of life its self.

A lot of things had happened to me throughout the years that I had never planned through. I studied a major that I never planned for when I was younger. Worked odd jobs that I never thought I would ever do, and met so many cool and friendly people that I would never imagine myself meeting. Went through the unforeseen losses, and the wins that happened by chance. Thinking through this made me realize that the "dreamer" me had taken a break, probably grabbed a blanket and a really really comfy pillow to sleep in the back of my head. What had come up to fill that void was the "liver", a person who was now more concerned about living in the present, having my mind in the present, and understanding that any choices I choose to do right now would affect any little future plans my "dreamer" self left as notes for the "liver" to follow through.

You know that kinda reminds me of myself and I used to spend a lot of time thinking of how my future would turn out. I used to think of what I'll do in my 20s, 30s, 40s, and even in my 60s. Little me always went through the different majors I could see myself studying in a university, what kind of job I could see myself working, perhaps marriage, my health and even retirement! I used to have all this planned out meticulously, thinking that planning out ahead would give me a higher probability in achieving these things. My friends had always told me that I was a "dreamer", and said that my "dreams" were too much and wouldn't be achieved, so I ended up dreaming by myself from then on. But none the less! The days of planning kept on going. However in all my plans, I hadn't considering the unpredictability of life its self.

Whoa amazing @Jeffo!! It's like you're me! Surely we couldn't be anymore similar!

:drakewow:

Ohhh so aweso- Wait a second, that's quite familiar to the post. No actually, too familiar!

F

Forfon

This is what I was talking about..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending