Are Somalis and its lands cursed?

• Yes, it's been obvious for a while now

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No *facepalm*

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Horta, why you asking this question, are you an Amxaara??!

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The drought followed by the tropical cyclone. If this was the West, the Islamic scholars would be saying it's a sign from God of his anger with its people like when East Coast US was hit by a series of hurricanes and blizzards in a short span.

I don't know, but Somalis have consistently had bad luck since the fall of the government in the 80s-90s, but with these natural disasters, I can't help but think...is this a sign from Allah that he's not pleased with us or even possibly...a test from Him?

I only ask because Somali sheikhs are biased and tend to say it's a test from Allah not to offend people, at least in my neighborhood in Hargeisa, dunno about the big sheikhs like Dirir.

Also Ramadan Mubarik/Kariim brothers and sisters

No our country is blessed. Yes our people are being tested but Allah tests those who He loves. And we cannot compare ourselves with America since it's not the land of the believers. Despite the struggle Somalis hold tight to their faith which is in it self a blessing. No hardship has made Somali people lose their deen alhamdulilah. (generally speaking ofcourse)

World

VIP
Somalia has always been abaar or barwaaqo. The west doesn’t experience droughts because of weather patterns.

And cyclones are a result of climate change. Is Yemen and Oman also cursed for being affected by it?

It is usual natural proccesses,
Somalia has always been abaar or barwaaqo. The west doesn’t experience droughts because of weather patterns.

And cyclones are a result of climate change. Is Yemen and Oman also cursed for being affected by it?
Oman, Yemen and Sonali were affected by cyclones, I think was due to next level monsoons.

Check this out

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Now i understand why Abbysinians didnt want to conquer this land. Its a cursed land:mjlol:

They had the manpower and weapons to conquer it :gucciwhat:

Cursed land with a cursed people.

How unfortunate

Well no because Oman and Yemen haven't been experiencing drought after drought in recent history

World

VIP
Well no because Oman and Yemen haven't been experiencing drought after drought in recent history
Yemen had a famine in 2016 and the largest cholera outbreak in human history.

Oman suffers from drought as well but they’re oil wealthy and have a small mainly urban population so it doesn’t impact them as much.

Yemen had a famine in 2016 and the largest cholera outbreak in human history.

Oman suffers from drought as well but they’re oil wealthy and have a small mainly urban population so it doesn’t impact them as much.

Yes but it aid for both was mainly hampered because of the war which is man-made caused by gov/rebels/people.

Natural disasters - whether global warming or unusual Al nino effect - is much easily interpreted as a sign from God. Oman had minor droughts also.

Somalia has had two major droughts last year/2016 and also in 2011. Then there were other major droughts like the Abaarta Dhaba-dheerayd (70s or 80s) which how a lot of older diaspora kids ages were noted.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
No, we aren't special. Many other countries are in precarious situations like this.
Some worse than others.

"Cursed" is too strong a term for this.

No, we aren't special. Many other countries are in precarious situations like this.
Some worse than others.

"Cursed" is too strong a term for this.

Hmmm...like which nations? Only places I can think of right now are Syria and the Rohinga muslims.

World

VIP
Yes but it aid for both was mainly hampered because of the war which is man-made caused by gov/rebels/people.

Natural disasters - whether global warming or unusual Al nino effect - is much easily interpreted as a sign from God. Oman had minor droughts also.

Somalia has had two major droughts last year/2016 and also in 2011. Then there were other major droughts like the Abaarta Dhaba-dheerayd (70s or 80s) which how a lot of older diaspora kids ages were noted.
You seem like a self hater.

Just lol at thinking God cursed us which is why we have droughts. You sound like an illiterate Salafi.

Somalia has always been a semi-arid country, and has always been subject to droughts due to weather conditions.

Global warming ain’t a sign from God, dude what on earth? Are you a climate change denier?

You seem like a self hater.

Just lol at thinking God cursed us which is why we have droughts. You sound like an illiterate Salafi.

Somalia has always been a semi-arid country, and has always been subject to droughts due to weather conditions.

Global warming ain’t a curse from God, dude what on earth?

In this site, if you ask questions that aren't flattering of our people, you're a self-hater lol.

Note I haven't even said anything about why or about our people in a negative way. Is it a curse or a test was my question, just move along to posting your timo jileec hair and bashing Maya Jama & co for dating out lol.

Not gonna lie, you sound like a US dhaqan-celis who doesn't know our deen properly. Natural disasters are usually signs in the Qur'an and two passing cyclones is not normal here. I don't care if it's an usually turbulent El-Nino Effect or another scientific reasoning, there's always Qadr in everything out of our understanding and knowledge.

Yeah right.

If it weren’t for their oil resources, they’d be poorer than Yemen.

Shows what you know. Oman at least has great scenery, the only tropical area in the Middle East, plus fantastic mountains, and great beaches. Yemen doesn't have anything as valuable for even tourism

World

VIP
In this site, if you ask questions don't aren't flattering of our people, you're a self-hater lol.

Note I haven't even said anything about why or about our people in a negative way. Is it a curse or a test was my question, just move along to posting your timo jileec hair and bashing Maya Jama & co for dating out lol.

Not gonna lie, you sound like a US dhaqan-celis who doesn't know our deen properly. Natural disasters are usually signs in the Qur'an and two passing cyclones is not normal here. I don't care if it's an usually turbulent El-Nino Effect or another scientific reasoning, there's always Qadr in everything out of our understanding and knowledge.
Allah has created the universe to follow sets of laws. These are the laws of physics, the laws of nature, and various other scientific laws.

What we’re seeing now in regards to climate change and natural disasters is simply a manifestation of the laws of the universe. The change in climate of the earth has consequences – and we are seeing those now.

Lots of factors might be playing the status quo other than simply geography.

Like remittanes, some think it makes people lazy, also same with charity.

Lack of democracy, some state parliaments and rulers are not voted directly by the people, so the elected dont feel the pressure to pursue development.

Alright, so what industry would provide income, assuming things are right?

Agriculture in the fertile south, fishing, livestock, mining, petroleum, construction, tourism etc.

Many sources to a sustainable livelihood.

But rulers are recless, right now Puntland and Somaliland are fighting over a tiny piece of land instead of making peace and spending on development.

Also most importantly, the country has islamists.

So its wrong to blame geography.

Allah has created the universe to follow sets of laws. These are the laws of physics, the laws of nature, and various other scientific laws.

What we’re seeing now in regards to climate change and natural disasters is simply a manifestation of the laws of the universe. The change in climate of the earth has consequences – and we are seeing those now.

Indeed! But we can't to know what cosmic shifts beyond our understanding (scientific) that causes increased disasters. I fully believe the Qur'an when it says Allah can cause disasters at will, He is the Almighty after all.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread

Lots of factors might be playing the status quo other than simply geography.

Like remittanes, some think it makes people lazy, also same with charity.

Lack of democracy, some state parliaments and rulers are not voted directly by the people, so the elected dont feel the pressure to pursue development.

Alright, so what industry would provide income, assuming things are right?

Agriculture in the fertile south, fishing, livestock, mining, petroleum, construction, tourism etc.

Many sources to a sustainable livelihood.

But rulers are recless, right now Puntland and Somaliland are fighting over a tiny piece of land instead of making peace and spending on development.

Also most importantly, the country has islamists.

So its wrong to blame geography.

We've got a long way to go, inshallah one day!

World

VIP
Shows what you know. Oman at least has great scenery, the only tropical area in the Middle East, plus fantastic mountains, and great beaches. Yemen doesn't have anything as valuable for even tourism
Yemen’s geography is similar to Ethiopia’s. Majority of the country is mountainous, fertile and receives a good amount of rainfall.

Oman, with the exclusion of Dhofar, is a barren desert incapable of food self sufficiency. The monsoon season in Dhofar brings around 100-400mm of rainfall which isn’t that much, but enough not to be a desert.

The only advantage Oman has over Yemen is it’s close relationship with Britain and Iran who protect the country, it’s small population and its oil/gas resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending